Author Topic: The "I'm Traveling somewhere" Thread  (Read 55935 times)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: The "I'm Traveling somewhere" Thread
« Reply #1085 on: April 09, 2024, 04:53:37 PM »
My legs were dead and sore all Sunday from the walking  :lol but I did get that Lego set I shared in the general discussion thread. Also, lunch in Little Italy was better than expected. Otherwise I was mostly miserable.

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1086 on: April 09, 2024, 04:55:32 PM »
Flying into LGA sit on the left side of the aircraft. If you get the expressway visual approach you'll be glad you did.

I'm on the left side, but it's an aisle seat.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline ganpondorodf

• Calamity
« Reply #1087 on: April 10, 2024, 09:43:52 AM »
Made it back from my trip to Scotland, no thanks to the pricks at Heathrow security. Everytime I go to London I hope to be proved wrong, and every single time I'm vindicated about how much of a cesspool nightmare that place is.

Offline Lonk

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #1088 on: April 10, 2024, 09:48:25 AM »
Made it back from my trip to Scotland, no thanks to the pricks at Heathrow security. Everytime I go to London I hope to be proved wrong, and every single time I'm vindicated about how much of a cesspool nightmare that place is.
I hope my experience is better for my upcoming trip, though I am going in through a different airport.
Vmadera has evolved into Lonk

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1089 on: April 15, 2024, 04:06:16 PM »
Sunday night, I'm taking a red eye to New York.  Flying into Laguardia for the first time.  When Expedia, Hotels.com and VRBO consolidated, I ended up with enough whoopie points for the flight out there to be paid for, although I learned that you can't use those points for flights on United, Delta or American.  So...LAX to LGA (via Orlando) on JetBlue.

I upgraded to exit row seats for my red eye flights.  For the LAX to MCO leg, I had the entire row to myself (as did the guy across the aisle).  For the MCO to LGA leg, there was no one in the middle seat.  AND after landing around 9am, I was able to check into my hotel in Brooklyn at 10:30!  I didn't even have to ask for early check-in.

I just hope something doesn't go horribly wrong to offset how it's gone so far.
"There's a bass solo in a song called Metropolis where I do a bass solo."  John Myung

Offline pg1067

« Reply #1090 on: April 22, 2024, 10:51:46 AM »
I upgraded to exit row seats for my red eye flights.  For the LAX to MCO leg, I had the entire row to myself (as did the guy across the aisle).  For the MCO to LGA leg, there was no one in the middle seat.  AND after landing around 9am, I was able to check into my hotel in Brooklyn at 10:30!  I didn't even have to ask for early check-in.

I just hope something doesn't go horribly wrong to offset how it's gone so far.

This trip could hardly have gone better.

I got to visit with a few of my cousins whom I hadn't seen since 2000.  They insisted on driving from Amityville to Brooklyn to pick me up, took me back to Amityville, we had a nice long chat and went to a nice restaurant for dinner, and then they drove me back to Brooklyn.  I kept telling them I could take the train, but they wouldn't hear of it.

I went to the Mets game on Wednesday and then drove up to Keene, NH to see the kid play (see the "happy" thread).  Flew home on Saturday.  More exit rows, with both seats next to me empty on the DEN-SNA leg (unfortunately, we were also more than an hour late because of weather).

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1091 on: April 22, 2024, 10:56:54 AM »
Nice, glad you had a good trip to the Northeast  :metal

Mentioned in the concerts thread, but my gf and I booked out flights to Denver for the 4 nights before July 4th to see a couple Red Rocks concerts and then explore the Rocky Mountains. 

Should also be booking my flight for Atlanta in September for ProgPower.  Flights are looking about as cheap as it gets typically for that trip.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #1092 on: Today at 05:18:54 AM »
Off for a 8 Night cruise down the Norwegian Fjords.  Did a similar trip 6 years ago (slightly different itinerary) but the ship broke and we only got 2 stops outta 4 - hopefully this one will be more successful  ;D  (although the weather looks......interesting).

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #1093 on: Today at 08:11:15 AM »
Off for a 8 Night cruise down the Norwegian Fjords.  Did a similar trip 6 years ago (slightly different itinerary) but the ship broke and we only got 2 stops outta 4 - hopefully this one will be more successful  ;D  (although the weather looks......interesting).

I have never done a cruise. I always think you are confined on a big boat and there is nowhere to go, or I can't think of what to do for fun while being onboard. Please tell me I am wrong, and why?
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #1094 on: Today at 09:09:08 AM »

That's actually my dream trip, not for the cruise per se, but for seeing Norway and the fjords! I was considering doing a cruise that passed also through Belgium and the Netherlands before hitting Bergen, Alesund and the Geirangerfjord (eventually it would go on to Iceland), but timeline-wise it was not doable, now I'm considering other options.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!