How do you like DT12's song order?

It's great!
29 (51.8%)
I like it enough
20 (35.7%)
Would make some changes
7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author Topic: DT12's Song Order  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Nearmyth

Re: DT12's Song Order
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
The song order is good, now that I'm kinda seeing it as it is.

But I remember not really liking the flow early on. Enigma Machine sounded a little early for an instrumental. The Bigger Picture was a very significant track, I don't think it should've been placed smack in the middle. Nowadays I think it's pretty fitting where it is, though.

TEI is also a song that sounded like it should be followed up with a similar heavy track, or a track with stark contrast (full out ballad perhaps). The Looking Glass fell somewhere in the middle, being a straight up rocker, which didn't work as well to me.

I also didn't think FAS was a very good album opener, way too all over the place. Purely my opinion though; I think album openers are better when they focus on a particular theme and stick to a first impression type of deal. I think FAS kinda wastes a lot of good riffs and themes that could be better used for more significant moments in the album.
                      It would have been a really cool SONG opener though. TEI would have been a more fitting album opener (which it kind of is, but that would've given a way more kickass first impression in the sense of "shit they ain't playin around").

STR -> AFTR -> IT was perfect though imo :grin

Idk, just a lot of little nitpicks. The track listing as it is is good though. I went with "I like it enough."

"Now I'm not one to soon forget
And I bet I never will...

WAAHH WAAHH DIGA DIGA WAAHH WAAHH"

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
Re: DT12's Song Order
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2014, 06:12:39 PM »
but that would've given a way more kickass first impression in the sense of "shit they ain't playin around").
I actually had that impression when hearing FAS. It's the first time I felt that way hearing a new DT album since Train of Thought.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods