Author Topic: Paramore  (Read 44451 times)

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Paramore
« Reply #490 on: April 11, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
I like it. Very pleased they've done something different, it would have been so easy for them to pump out another pop punk album and rake in the money.
Yeah, I completely agree. I'd also like to point out that Hayley sounds absolutely phenomenal. She was able to explore some new things vocally on this album, and really nailed it. She's also had time to recover from the voice issues she was having, and she sounds great in the recent acoustic performances I've heard.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #491 on: April 11, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »
Yep, I really get a Bjork vibe from her vocals at the end of Part II. And she nailed everything when I saw them live last week.

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
« Reply #492 on: April 15, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »
bland album

i think i only could get through a handful of songs. i enjoy 'ain't it fun' but yikes to the rest

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
Why did I post so much in this thread when I didn't like this band? What a douche I was.

Anyway, the other day I heard this early 90s pop song at my work, and really enjoyed it. So I typed some of the lyrics into the Google and it was fucking Paramore! The song was Ain't It Fun, and I heard it again on the radio the same day. So the next night I streamed the album with Amazon Prime, and there was nothing terrible, just typical pop rock. Besides Ain't It Fun though, I wasn't really impressed. But then I gave it another chance... Now I own the album.

Maybe it's the change in style that attracted me, 'cause I still don't care for the older stuff, so they can join In This Moment as members of my "Made One Album Then Disappeared" club. :D

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »
Brick By Boring Brick and Misguided Ghosts are my favorite Paramore songs.

Brand New Eyes is the only album I have.

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #495 on: September 27, 2014, 08:21:21 PM »
First two albums I still love, Brand New Eyes less so, though "Misguided Ghosts" is a good song. The self-titled is still a colossal bore though, barring the fantastic "Ain't It Fun" and "Part II". But I just can not sit through the rest of that album ever again. What a downgrade.
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #496 on: September 30, 2014, 01:30:19 PM »
Judging by the samples, it's the opposite for me. Those songs sounded boring compared to the self titled.

Also, ever since I first heard Ain't It Fun at my store, now I'm hearing all the singles from this album everywhere, and I've never heard any of these songs before now. Wikipedia says most of them were released the beginning of last year, except for AIF which was released the beginning of this year. Weird.

Offline Counselor of Prog

« Reply #497 on: January 25, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
Allright, I'm sure I'm going to get the living hell flamed out of me for this but I've just heard some of their stuff, and they are actually a pretty good band. I usually despise that pop-punky type stuff, but Haley is a talented singer, and musically they seem to have much more going on. Decode is a damn good song, despite being attached to that piece of shit that is Twilight. Are there any other fans here? (I seem to recall Reapsta saying something good about them, but I could be insane)

Also, Rody Walker of Protest the Hero likes them, so they can't be all bad (the last question around 2:50 is hilarious, as is the entire video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIT-t-xgeA

They're pretty solid.  I'm a fan.
"The only closed systems in the universe are hardened hearts and darkened minds." Scott Becker, Valley of the Shadow