Author Topic: Paramore  (Read 44445 times)

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: Paramore
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »
I don't hate The Jonas Brothers. I don't think I've ever even heard one of their songs, but I don't care enough to have a listen.

thats what you dont get. You arent around 13-15 year old hormone driven girls who are all positive they will  :censored the Jonas Brothers at some pont in their lives, it will drive you carzy

Well when I was 13-15, I was obsessed with The Offspring, and nothing they did was anything short of amazing, although while I said none of their songs were bad, their singles like Pretty Fly were still my least favorite. Now they just suck... Atleast I have their older albums like Ignition and Ixnay.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2009, 11:09:52 AM »
When I was 15 I was listening to Rhapsody. I guess I don't understand your point.

Mostly it might be because I never really cared how someone else felt about a certain style of music or a particular band, because when you listen to music it should only be about what you like or dislike, uninfluenced by the opinions of others.

Offline ehra

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
Its amazing but this is the one time I can say...you are too old, you wont get it, I guarantee of you ask icy, he will give you the same answer

No. Getting upset at the Jonas Brothers because middle school aged girls are the spawn of Satan isn't rational. If the Jonas Brothers never got together then you would still hate those girls because they would be obsessing over some other stupid thing.

You have to deal with Jonas Brothers fangirls, I had to deal with Kurt Cobain and Nirvana fanboys. I think It's safe to say that I had to listen to them more often than you do the Jonas Brothers too, since Nirvana was (and still is to a degree) always getting played on the radio.

I still don't dislike Nirvana on principal. I dislike them because I dislike their music.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2009, 11:14:09 AM »
When I was 15 I was listening to Rhapsody. I guess I don't understand your point.

Mostly it might be because I never really cared how someone else felt about a certain style of music or a particular band, because when you listen to music it should only be about what you like or dislike, uninfluenced by the opinions of others.

I understand where you are coming from but it pisses me of when shitty emo bands can sell out the wachovia center (philly) and Dream Theater is stuck playing at the fucking tower theater. Now dont get me wrong, I wouldnt have Dream Theater play anywhere else, but these emo bands infiltrating good music has to stop

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
Its amazing but this is the one time I can say...you are too old, you wont get it, I guarantee of you ask icy, he will give you the same answer

No. Getting upset at the Jonas Brothers because middle school aged girls are the spawn of Satan isn't rational. If the Jonas Brothers never got together then you would still hate those girls because they would be obsessing over some other stupid thing.

You have to deal with Jonas Brothers fangirls, I had to deal with Kurt Cobain and Nirvana fanboys. I think It's safe to say that I had to listen to them more often than you do the Jonas Brothers too, since Nirvana was (and still is to a degree) always getting played on the radio.

I still don't dislike Nirvana on principal. I dislike them because I dislike their music.

I do dislike these bands because their music sucks, all I'm saying is that plus their image plus their fangirls culminating together is the reason I hate the bands on pricipal

Offline 211269

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Its No Doubt for the new generation. Although not as talented as ND, I do think Paramore are pretty decent. Seeing them together soon, should be a fun time.

Offline SinisterMinisterX

• Grand Poobah of Small Miscellaneous Objects
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:41 PM »
I heard some Paramore song on the radio the other day. Can't remember its name, I assume it's their latest single, whatever that may be. But I enjoyed it.

I've heard 3 songs of theirs now in total, and see no reason to dislike them. They seem like a good band to me.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »
I think Riot is a legitimately good album. Their singer is good.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »
This band is nothing more than the usual dime-a-dozen fall out boy/simple plan clone, but this time there's actually a girl singing, and although she's hot, she doesn't make up for the lame, boring, annoying music.

I've actually attempted to give Fall Out Boy a fair chance instead of hating on them needlessly. Still ended up not liking them, but I'm not seeing the similarity.

Agreed. I always threw Paramore in with all those other bands, but they're actually good (as always, IMO). The singer (regardless of gender) is actually talented rather than that annoying punk singing they use, and the music actually has something going for it.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »

:rollin

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2009, 02:00:16 PM »

:rollin

what

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2009, 02:07:07 PM »
I think you're the one who doesn't get it. A lot of young people go through the phase you're in. And for the record I guarantee you Dream Theater fanboys are worse than any Paramore fanboys.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »
I think you're the one who doesn't get it. A lot of young people go through the phase you're in. And for the record I guarantee you Dream Theater fanboys are worse than any Paramore fanboys.

and what phase is that?

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2009, 02:11:16 PM »
for the record I guarantee you Dream Theater fanboys are worse than any Paramore fanboys.

Yep. Most Paramore fanboys/girls will move on. Dream Theater fanboys say things like "You're only a true fan if you appreciate every single thing the band has ever done in their entire career. If you don't then you don't truly appreciate the band".

*shudder*

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »
for the record I guarantee you Dream Theater fanboys are worse than any Paramore fanboys.

Yep. Most Paramore fanboys/girls will move on. Dream Theater fanboys say things like "You're only a true fan if you appreciate every single thing the band has ever done in their entire career. If you don't then you don't truly appreciate the band".

*shudder*

they are worse in the overall but "inthenow" paramore fans are some of the worst in music

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:18 PM »
the worst in music

Sorry, that title belongs to the Slipknot fanboys.

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2009, 02:27:03 PM »
the worst in music

Sorry, that title belongs to the Slipknot fanboys.

Agreed.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »
So 73120, I should hate Dream Theater because they have fans that will defend anything the band does and refuse to give other music a chance?  Or Rush because most of their fans won't/can't/refuse to accept someone's opinion that Neil Peart may not be God's gift to drummers?  If you don't like the music, fine, but this whole "I automatically won't like the music if a bunch of girls my age listen to it constantly and the word 'punk' or 'emo' is in their genre" thing?  This isn't working. 

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2009, 02:52:59 PM »
So 73120, I should hate Dream Theater because they have fans that will defend anything the band does and refuse to give other music a chance?  Or Rush because most of their fans won't/can't/refuse to accept someone's opinion that Neil Peart may not be God's gift to drummers?  If you don't like the music, fine, but this whole "I automatically won't like the music if a bunch of girls my age listen to it constantly and the word 'punk' or 'emo' is in their genre" thing?  This isn't working. 

im not exposed to those types of fans and i like the music so therefore i have no problem with the fans, im stating my opinion on a band i truly dislike no mater how biased

ps. neil pert is god's gift to drummers

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2009, 02:59:47 PM »
who?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2009, 03:01:30 PM »
who?

i was tyoing to fast...Neil Peart, happy?

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2009, 03:39:16 PM »
Who is fast and why are you tyoing to him?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »

i was typing too fast...i need a typing class :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »

Hmmm, after doing some research, I've come to an interesting conclusion:

That wrath guy was last active on 7/31/09. You registered on 7/31/09 and chose your username as the same date. You and wrath both have terrible grammar. My conclusion? You're one in the same.

Stop trolling, you fuck!

Offline ehra

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2009, 04:11:41 PM »
The plot thickens!

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12:17 PM »
that actually is an extremely weird coicidence but i can guarantee you I'm not wrath, and i dont enjoy being called a fuck.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2009, 04:14:15 PM »
BUT IF HE'S WRATH... THEN WHO WAS PHONE??!!

Sorry, couldn't help it.

Anyways, I remember hearing that Twilight song on the TV and I thought it was OK.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »
trust me, im not wrath, I dont't even know who he even is. I live in Allentown,PA. Where did wrath live? that should point you guys in the right direction, and for your information, i have excellent grammar. I just can't spell for shit, type too fast, and I'm lazy.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2009, 04:17:08 PM »
that actually is an extremely weird coicidence but i can guarantee you I'm not wrath, and i dont enjoy being called a fuck.

Oh I'm sorry.....

overly sensitive are we?

Did you know that Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth was a satanist in his youth?

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
nope i just dont enjoy being called a fuck because then if I try to one-up you, I'll get banned.

Offline Arcaeus

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2009, 04:18:37 PM »

Hmmm, after doing some research, I've come to an interesting conclusion:

That wrath guy was last active on 7/31/09. You registered on 7/31/09 and chose your username as the same date. You and wrath both have terrible grammar. My conclusion? You're one in the same.

Stop trolling, you fuck!

Oh, wow. We need a mod to check their IPs, now :o

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2009, 04:24:35 PM »
nope i just dont enjoy being called a fuck because then if I try to one-up you, I'll get banned.

Hey, I'm not trying to fight you. It was really in jest. kinda... Sorta.... But really, "one-up me"? I just called you a fuck. Was that really an insult?

Offline shadowfex

« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »
I think Riot is a legitimately good album. Their singer is good.
"Once he had forests and mountains that were only his - listening to him. Once he would run through the summer days catching memories for ages to come. Now he is dressing this naked floor with his flesh and blood, and time passes by. His trade of pain might just have lead him to deal with consequence for some change as time passes by"

Offline JRT

« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2009, 10:56:48 PM »
i understand. im 15 and i was a prog snob til this year. btw chick is hot