Author Topic: Paramore  (Read 44372 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Paramore
« on: August 07, 2009, 12:44:26 AM »
Allright, I'm sure I'm going to get the living hell flamed out of me for this but I've just heard some of their stuff, and they are actually a pretty good band. I usually despise that pop-punky type stuff, but Haley is a talented singer, and musically they seem to have much more going on. Decode is a damn good song, despite being attached to that piece of shit that is Twilight. Are there any other fans here? (I seem to recall Reapsta saying something good about them, but I could be insane)

Also, Rody Walker of Protest the Hero likes them, so they can't be all bad (the last question around 2:50 is hilarious, as is the entire video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsIT-t-xgeA
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
Re: Paramore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 12:46:45 AM »
i really dont like them
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:53:46 AM by 73109 »

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:48:49 AM »

Anyone else want to make an ass of themselves? I could use some entertainment.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »
i dont like the band
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:54:46 AM by 73109 »

Offline Fuzzboy

• I'm keepin the damn christmas avatar
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:52:26 AM »
I know i am a noob but i feel no remorse when saying this...

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

What the fuck is your problem dude?

I've heard some Paramore, and while it doesn't really interest me, I think it's "above bearable" I guess. Some of the stuff is pretty cool sounding. I dunno. I haven't heard enough of the stuff to make a reasonable decision as to whether I like it or not.
women cops are a joke

to get a boner is just put pressure on the dick

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 12:53:28 AM »
okay maybe i was a little strong, but of bands that i absolutly despise, paramore is in my top couple

my bad, im editing my post

Offline staveoffzombies

• Mostly Harmless
  • Oversized hats are cute.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:10 AM »
Wasn't there a Paramore song on Rock Band 2?  It was ok I guess...I think I recall liking to drum for it.

Offline Sigz

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:58 AM »
Wasn't there a Paramore song on Rock Band 2?  It was ok I guess...I think I recall liking to drum for it.

Yeah, Misery Business.

my bad, im editing my post

Too bad you can't edit someone else's quote.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 12:59:36 AM »
yeah i know, it was a heat of the moment thing, my bad :\, i just really HATE paramore

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 01:27:49 AM »
Misery Business is an awesome song. That girl is absolutely adorable and she has a great voice. I have two of their records but I never bothered listening to either. Maybe I should.

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 02:30:24 AM »
Love them. Can't wait for their new album next month.

Offline Genowyn

• That name's pretty cool, and honestly, I'd like to change mine to it.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But Hachikuji, I've told you over and over...
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 03:06:25 AM »
I quite like them. The lack of stigma from annoying douches at high school has afforded me the opportunity to get into girlier music. :P

...my name is Araragi.

Offline TheOutlawXanadu

• The Original Unseasoned Fan
  • DTF.com Member
  • The Original Unseasoned Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 06:27:52 AM »
They're my sister's favorite band. She's going through a stage right now where if it isn't Paramore, it sucks. :lol

I listened to the first half of All We Know Is Falling in the car last week. It was alright.
:TOX: <-- My own emoticon!

Offline Dunns Beard

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »
It's catchy, harmless pop rock really. Certainly don't have any problem with anyone else listening to it. They literally could replace the band bar Hayley with anyone and no one would notice the difference though. Hayley is the band. She is also rather attractive if I do say so myself.
"Pay no attention to what the critics say. A statue has never been erected in honour of a critic."

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 07:07:39 AM »
Hayley has a good voice.  I'm not gonna actively listen to Paramore, but if its on I don't mind.

That PTH vid is pretty funny in a very awkward way.

Offline LudwigVan

• Proglodyte
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 07:32:08 AM »
Not my kinda music, but they have some talent fer shurr
"There is nothing more difficult than talking about music."
--Camille Saint-Saëns

“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”
--Frank Zappa

Offline ehra

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 08:59:13 AM »
I've got Riot, nothing wrong with them. I don't think I'll ever fell "o shit, I got to listen to Paramore now!" but it's still good music.

yeah i know, it was a heat of the moment thing, my bad :\, i just really HATE paramore

Unless the members of the band kicked your dog, I doubt you have a very good reason to hate any band that much.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 09:39:02 AM »
This band is nothing more than the usual dime-a-dozen fall out boy/simple plan clone, but this time there's actually a girl singing, and although she's hot, she doesn't make up for the lame, boring, annoying music.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 09:43:00 AM »
Don't mind them, will not go out of my way to listen to them.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 09:59:10 AM »
Wasn't there a Paramore song on Rock Band 2?  It was ok I guess...I think I recall liking to drum for it.

Yeah, Misery Business.
That's on World Tour.

I'm not a fan, though the songs I've heard don't sound that bad and Hayley is very cute.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 10:01:10 AM »
This band is nothing more than the usual dime-a-dozen fall out boy/simple plan clone, but this time there's actually a girl singing, and although she's hot, she doesn't make up for the lame, boring, annoying music.

Pretty much this.

My sister listens to bands like that all the time, so I've had plenty of exposure to them. I guess I just can't stand so many same sounding songs made by passionless musicians.

I guess I can see why someone would like to listen to them though.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 10:21:14 AM »

exactly the reason i hate this band. I go to school with a lot of chicks that just love this types of bands and...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline ehra

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »
I've actually attempted to give Fall Out Boy a fair chance instead of hating on them needlessly. Still ended up not liking them, but I'm not seeing the similarity.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 10:38:52 AM »
I've actually attempted to give Fall Out Boy a fair chance instead of hating on them needlessly. Still ended up not liking them, but I'm not seeing the similarity.

fall out boy, my chemical romance, blink 182, panic at the dico, you dont understand, i hate these bands on principal, and even when i did give them a shot......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Offline sonatafanica

• cocksucking maniac
  • DTF.org Member
  • ☠☠☠☠☠☠jesus take the wheel☠☠☠☠☠☠
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 10:39:57 AM »
 :facepalm:

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
:facepalm:

whatever, im just gonna stop posting stupid shit, that will make everybody happy (including me for not gettin gmy ass thrown off the forum), so you've heard it now folkes, im done with my stupid shit. I still think paramore sucks by the way.

Offline Dcrupi

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »

fall out boy, my chemical romance, blink 182, panic at the dico, you dont understand, i hate these bands on principal, and even when i did give them a shot......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MCR actually has some fantastic stuff, and it can be pretty technical...have you listened to The Black Parade?

Anyway, I really like Paramore.  Hayley Williams has a lot of talent, great voice, awesome stage presence and is very cute.  I have Riot and All We Know Is Falling, and the singles (Misery Business, Pressure, That's What You Get, etc) are extraordinarily catchy, and definitely the best songs on the albums.  A lot of the other material is samey sounding...but it's all good, if you ask me.  Above average band, if only for Williams.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 10:51:27 AM »
Yeah, I've given My Chemical Romance a shot. I listened to the black parade and a couple other songs, and once the singer started singing in his horrbile emo-ish voice, i wanted to take a gun to myself. Also what is up with their emo-ish image. Why dye your hair black and where eye liner???  :( It is some stupid thing to get chicks and I hate it. In my opinion, if you need make up to rock and roll (kiss, alice cooper, and motley crue are the exceptions) then you shouldnt be doing it.

Offline ehra

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 10:52:05 AM »

What principal? Admittedly I don't know anything about MCR or Panic At The Disco, but I don't really see how Fallout Boy, Blink 182, and Paramore are similar enough to be grouped together like that. And I don't think anyone really cares if you like them or not, it's just your reason makes it seem like you hate them because of their image or the "people who listen to them."

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 10:57:37 AM »
as shallow as it sounds...that is the exact reason. The fans are horrible, they feel the need to defend everything the band does and put down anything that makes sence. If Dream Theater releases a shitty song, we will all call it shitty, not the fans of these bands, they feel a need to defend EVERYTHING the band does, and it is annoying being around it. Dream Theater walks out onto the stage everyday in jeans and t shirsts, no make up, no tight leather pants, no fancy shit, natural. Maybe because you are not 14, you dont get where I'm coming from, but in a world of shit music, you gotta defend whats yours.

ps. Maybe you will understand my hate...anybody here hate the Jonas Brothers on principal, its the same thing

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
I don't hate The Jonas Brothers. I don't think I've ever even heard one of their songs, but I don't care enough to have a listen.

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
I don't hate The Jonas Brothers. I don't think I've ever even heard one of their songs, but I don't care enough to have a listen.

thats what you dont get. You arent around 13-15 year old hormone driven girls who are all positive they will  :censored the Jonas Brothers at some pont in their lives, it will drive you carzy

Offline ehra

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »
I don't think any rational person here hates ANY band "on principal."  :)

Every band has their fanboys/fangirls. If you want to see DT fans that will never ever criticize anything the band does then take a look at MP's forum.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2009, 11:04:09 AM »
I really don't care for Paramore at all...
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »
Its amazing but this is the one time I can say...you are too old, you wont get it, I guarantee of you ask icy, he will give you the same answer