Author Topic: The Gibson Guitar Owners Club Thread ! V1 !!  (Read 925 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
The Gibson Guitar Owners Club Thread ! V1 !!
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »

Here is my 2011 Gibson Les Paul Traditional in Desert Burst

And my 2014 Gibson SGM with E-tune in Chocolate Satin.

Between them is my DIY Brandoni Tele Copy. :)

You've got to post a Gibson or twoooo! ;D

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
Re: The Gibson Guitar Owners Club Thread ! V1 !!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:24:36 AM »
I am legally not allowed in the Gibson section of my local Guitar Center... as LP's tend to fall off of stands and off of walls when I am near them.

jk

but seriously I have bad luck around LPs. Even my buddy's dad's LP. His prize possession. It get's locked away in it's case when I come over :lol
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:29:34 AM »
Been a long time since I've owned a Gibson - I sold a number of my guitars when I quit the game and one of these was among those sold.

I seem to have stuffed up the image but click to enlarge.....and excuse the hand :)

The only Gibson I ever owned.  BTW it was a tobacco sunburst with a custom paint job (a la Zakk Wylde) - it was not an official release.  I actually still have the magazine cover somewhere that was used as the reference.

Some would call that sacrilege :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:53:15 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:37:00 AM »
I have a 1982 Tokai LP copy... that's kind of the same thing, right?

That and my Epi Les Paul are the closest things to a Gibson that I have.  LPs are great guitars though  :tup
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 10:42:03 AM »
Never owned a Les Paul. I'm no purist and prefer a superstrat. I want 24 frets and a whammy bar.
My first guitar was a LP copy in black/white as per Brian Robertson of Thin Lizzy. That's as close as I got.

Your LP is nice though.