Author Topic: Will DT tour another leg or will they enter the studio in January?  (Read 4724 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Will DT tour another leg or will they enter the studio in January?
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:19 PM »
Will DT enter the studio in January?

I don't see another leg coming up. It's a short SA and Asia leg but if they continue the album/tour cycle release, it would be about that time to rest and reconvene in January for a fall 2015 release (DT 12 was released Sept 2013). I have no insider info but the 2nd US leg from the ADTOE leg were minor markets and I don't think they did well. I know for fact that at least two Texas show (El Paso and Dallas) were not even close to selling out. I don't recall if the other cities from the 2nd leg were sold out or pretty close to selling out.

I hope they tour. They skipped most of the US for DT12 so far. 

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 02:23:31 PM »
JP said in his Ultimate Guitar interview they'll be back in the studio "next Year" - he didn't specify the timetable though.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »
JP said in his Ultimate Guitar interview they'll be back in the studio "next Year" - he didn't specify the timetable though.

They may not have an exact timetable yet either, until they're done with the DT12 tour. I'm hoping they take a little time off for solo projects etc.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:51 AM »
JR answered one of my tweets on 6/22/14 when he did a Q&A in which I asked if there would be a second US leg and he said "it is very possible that we will do another states tour during this world tour."
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
I hope we get a new album from DT next summer or fall 2015. I haved loved the last two albums and I think creatively they are at the top of their game.

I agree.  DT has been in the zone creatively on the last two albums -- much moreso than the previous two with MP, in my opinion.  I would keep everything as is, and hope they can continue to crank out magic.  No need to change a thing about the creative process.
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
I like the songs on the last two albums but I thought that Black CLouds was a better produced album than either of them.