Author Topic: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)  (Read 15583 times)

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: Trump Tweets (sorry Stadler)
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2018, 09:23:53 AM »
I agree with Stadler that he shouldn't have to reject his endorsement. At the same time I'd actually find it refreshing for somebody to do so, and the fact that nobody is willing to is very problematic for me. Frankly, Romney would differentiate himself in a good way if he'd express his honest opinion that Trump is an ass-hat of the highest order. I'm really tired of republicans, and democrats too, plying him with token respect because of the office he holds. He has no respect whatsoever for the presidency so I don't see why it should provide him cover for acting like an ass.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #491 on: February 21, 2018, 09:38:04 AM »
Both totally fine comments.  We'll agree that we have a different perspective on this response.  IMO, there's nothing right or wrong about any kind of response - it's just telling/revealing... and everyone can/will interpret it how they see fit.
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #492 on: February 21, 2018, 11:25:51 AM »
I agree with Stadler that he shouldn't have to reject his endorsement. At the same time I'd actually find it refreshing for somebody to do so, and the fact that nobody is willing to is very problematic for me. Frankly, Romney would differentiate himself in a good way if he'd express his honest opinion that Trump is an ass-hat of the highest order. I'm really tired of republicans, and democrats too, plying him with token respect because of the office he holds. He has no respect whatsoever for the presidency so I don't see why it should provide him cover for acting like an ass.

I don't see anything different between Republicans kissing Trump's ass and Democrats rejecting everything as a matter of course.  Neither are doing anything to further the best interests of the populace at large, which is - or rather should be - their primary goal. 

Offline El Barto

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2018, 11:28:08 AM »

I don't see anything different between Republicans kissing Trump's ass and Democrats rejecting everything as a matter of course.  Neither are doing anything to further the best interests of the populace at large, which is - or rather should be - their primary goal.
So?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2018, 11:37:14 AM »

So?

Sew buttons on your underwear!  Haha, I was just making an observation.