Author Topic: DT songs that've aged worst for you, relative to how much you liked them at 1st  (Read 2453 times)

Offline TheCountOfNYC

A Rite of Passage. I thought the song was okay now I think it's among the worst in their discography.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline James Mypetgiress

• Call me Dani. I have grown to hate this username.
Pull Me Under. That was the song that got me into DT. Listening to it in my Dad's car. 5 year old me: "Daddy, who's that band?"
"That's dream theatre, son. Isn't it great!"
Now, though, 10 years on, pull me under just seems very average in comparison to all the other DT "classics"

Offline ChuckSteak

None. Actually I can't say it about ANY band, not only DT.  There are some songs I didn't like much that I like now though (or like more than I did before).

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
The Glass Prison: Loved this song when I first heard it. Now, it just seems way too long and bloated for what it is. The fact that it's just straight up pummeling metal just makes it harder to listen to.

The Ministry of Lost Souls: See above, but to a much lesser extent.

In The Name Of God: See above.

Offline PolarizeMe

BMU,BMD.

I loved it when ADTOE first came out, now I can't stand it.

I'll second this. Quite liked it when it first came out, but now it doesn't really do much for me in hindsight.

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
The Glass Prison: Loved this song when I first heard it. Now, it just seems way too long and bloated for what it is. The fact that it's just straight up pummeling metal just makes it harder to listen to.
That's what makes it so awesome!  :metal

I think it's pretty impressive that they managed to write a 13 minute song that was nothing but metal riffs and never loses momentum.
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
A Nightmare to Remember instantly comes to mind.
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline PixelDream

• Maestro
BC&SL. I used to think it was a true return to form, compared to Systematic Chaos.
Whereas I've come to appreciate SC a lot more instead nowadays.
Not 'Down To F***', but 'Dream Theater Forums' .

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Probably all of SFAM. I still like the album, but I used to regard it as untouchable. It's pretty middle of the pack for me now.