Author Topic: 7 demos for my band's 2nd album! Feedback wanted!  (Read 1014 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
7 demos for my band's 2nd album! Feedback wanted!
« on: July 29, 2014, 03:00:01 AM »
So here are 7 songs I wrote and demoed for my band's 2nd album (There are 6 more tracks for this release, but I plan on rerecording the guitars for those other tracks before I put them up for any kind of scrutiny).

*THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE LISTENING*

1. A lot of the guitar work is rough. A few mess ups, a few sloppy moments, such as the clean intro to "Smile" (these are just demos I could send to the guys to see if they liked the songs or not). Please don't judge solely on the performances.
2. The drums ARE NOT LIVE DRUMS. They were completely programmed by yours truly. (I am not a drummer, so go easy on me)
3. There is no bass or vocals recorded. These are purely instrumental guitar/drums demos. So if you find some parts to be boring, overly simple, repetitive, etc, keep in mind that there are probably vocals meant to be there.

I really really hope you dudes like these tracks. I received good constructive feedback on one of my other posts, so I hope to get some more for these.

https://soundcloud.com/we-are-all-hail/sets/meanwhile-at-the-legion-of-doom-guitardrum-demos
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 03:31:11 AM by TheLordOfTheStrings »
Check out my various music projects - I’ve got concept albums, singer/songwriter, rock, metal, prog, and more coming soon:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

Offline FreezingPoint

Re: 7 demos for my band's 2nd album! Feedback wanted!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:27:06 AM »
I'll try and listen to some of them tonight if I get a chance. I can't promise I will listen to all of them though, especially if some are lengthy.

I tend to do a lot of demos without vocals as well. Sometimes if it is needed, I will put just a basic saw synth in for the vocal line. It isn't always accurate and sometimes it sounds weird, but I think it gives the song a better sense of form in demo form and gives the listener a basic, if rough melody to follow.

So I will keep that all in mind when listening to your songs.
avenuex.bandcamp.com