Author Topic: New Robert Plant  (Read 638 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
New Robert Plant
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:48:16 PM »
Robert Plant will release his latest offering "lullaby and...The Ceaseless Roar" on September 9th. His band is pretty much set up like Strange Sensation, but this time they're called the "Sensational Space Shifters". Too bad they can't shift themselves into a Zeppelin reunion. It's almost cruel how he disses the aging Page time and again. Oh well. Say what you like about Plant and any of his solo stuff (I actually like RPs stuff); but the first cut shows he can still croon a grunt, or an "Ohhhhh" that sounds sexy as hell. I'll be checking this out for sure. The first cut "Rainbow":

https://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2014/07/15/331448581/new-mix-robert-plant-jeff-tweedy-sarah-jaffe-sinkane-the-bug-more#playlist
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: New Robert Plant
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:07:13 AM »
Love solo Plant.  I'll check this out when I get home.  Thanks Temp!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 07:49:37 AM »
Yeah, I'll check this out for sure.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:12:52 AM »
Another cut. This shot at Glastonbury this year.  I've listened to this song about a dozen times already, and I love it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsy6eAz4a3I#t=88

Saw a recent interview where he discussed how he and Page used to travel the world and record different types of music that helped influence Zeps sound. He's apparently spent the last several years now in the deep South of the U.S. trying to get in touch with the primitive side of the Blues. Then he went back to the Welsh boarderlands to write and record this record.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
Yeah, they both used travel as a main source of writing inspiration, and it shows... in Zeppelin and the new tracks from UnLedded.  Will check this out later.  Although I love his voice, I haven't been too much of a fan of his genre/style of music over the last decade or so.  Just not my thing.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 05:37:22 PM »
The man can meld so many different cultures into his music and I still dig it.  Gabriel and Plant lead the way.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
Watched a show he did in April when the single was released. (It may have even have been on his website.) He's still got it.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't care if he works under the Zeppelin banner ever again.