Author Topic: New Enchant Album  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: New Enchant Album
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »
I have never heard of this band. 

On one hand, they were pretty much dormant for 10 years. On the other hand, given your location, I'm really surprised you didn't trip over them somehow.

As for the new album, it's not their best, it's not their worst, it's a solid Enchant album. Was surprised after 10 years that it did hold a good bit of the Enchant sound to it. If you went in expecting that because it's been 10 years it better be the greatest thing since sliced bread, then you're probably disappointed. However it's a good rebound album and I'm excited to see them support it next year.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2014, 09:50:13 PM »
Perhaps my disappointment is because I JUST bought this back catalog a few weeks back, so in listening to everything, The Great Divide doesn't hold up to the others.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gazinwales

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
Yup agreed it's solid, nowhere a masterpiece, but given the time between albums, it's mildly disappointing.
Ten years is a long time to come up with very strong material and it seems this album might be a stepping stone to the next one being a killer release?

But if you asked me to make a best of Enchant CD, how many songs from this album would I put on it?
One, and it would really be at a push.

Offline T-ski

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2014, 09:37:58 AM »
Enchant has always been one of those bands for me that I can enjoy all of their albums but none of them really stick out as being better or worse than the others. 

I'm sure when I pick up the Great Divide that feeling won't change.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
I have never heard of this band. 

On one hand, they were pretty much dormant for 10 years. On the other hand, given your location, I'm really surprised you didn't trip over them somehow.

Seriously, I did  :lol

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2014, 02:12:12 PM »
Perhaps my disappointment is because I JUST bought this back catalog a few weeks back, so in listening to everything, The Great Divide doesn't hold up to the others.

If your disappointment is such that you don't want it anymore, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands for something you'd be more happy with.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 04:21:17 PM »

If your disappointment is such that you don't want it anymore, I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands for something you'd be more happy with.

:lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC