Author Topic: Dork Castle's Roulette V.Can You Feel it? Round 6 Results! Time for Rd.7  (Read 22320 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: Dork Castle's Roulette V.Can You Feel it? Round 6 Results! Time for Rd.7
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2014, 11:49:41 AM »
Sorry GentlemanofDread, JAESUS ruined it for me  :sadpanda:

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2014, 11:50:47 AM »
Damn it Cash and all that religion before you covered this song  :rollin
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ¿De qué sirvió haber cruzado a nado la mar?
Re: Dork Castle's Roulette V.Can You Feel it? Round 4 Results! Time for Rd.5
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2014, 11:52:03 AM »
By the way, from what you’ve sent me, I’ve gotta ask do you know of Look Right Penny? They’re not active anymore do to their vocalist having to battle cancer :C but I feel like you would love them if you haven’t heard of them already!
Nice you like the song! And no, I haven't heard about them, but will check them soon  :tup

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #143 on: August 23, 2014, 11:53:17 AM »
I already know I'm going to get the lowest score for the next round because I've discovered exactly 1 band this year
and all I know is one song and it's JAYSUS related
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »
Sent!

I have high hopes for this round
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline Onno

• Well, it's just entertainment, folks!
« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2014, 02:50:58 PM »
Wow, glad you liked the song so much! It's the perfect conclusion of the album for me. Anyway, I'm still thinking on what I'm going to send next.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2014, 04:32:23 PM »
Song sent! Hope you'll dig it.  :heart

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2014, 05:47:38 PM »
Sent :hat

Offline adace

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2014, 12:49:02 AM »
And sent.

Offline Onno

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2014, 02:53:23 AM »
Hey DC, is the Shining on your band list the Norwegian Shining or the Swedish Shining?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2014, 02:55:29 AM »
Hey DC, is the Shining on your band list the Norwegian Shining or the Swedish Shining?
Norwegian one, although I'm also familiar with the Swedish one as well, heh, didn't even think of that.

Offline Onno

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2014, 03:07:54 AM »
Damn! Well, I'll have to find something else then  :biggrin:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I found something else. Sent!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:18:28 AM by Onno »

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2014, 06:47:45 PM »
Sent for round 7!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #153 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »
Results should be in tomorrow. I believe I have everybody

Offline Onno

« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »
Excellent!

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2014, 12:57:51 PM »
GentlemanofDread: Eden’s Curse - No Holy Man

You don’t have to worry about something being inherently related to the JAESUS, I’m not that much of a dick :P The song itself reeks of 80’s flair which I have a very weak spot for, seeing this would be right up my bio dad’s alley, and if this had come out in the 80’s, he probably would have had this on repeat on the road trips we took in the past summers. A tight song, that I can definitely get behind and jam to.

8.5/10

Senecadawg2: Wayfarer - Children Of The Iron Age

Good old atmospheric black metal. This is a genre I surprisingly find my mom enjoys if I put on, because even though she’s not a huge fan of vocals like these for obvious reasons, the atmosphere of the music itself is usually super gorgeous, which really anybody can get behind. And I can get behind these guys, tight knit stuff that doesn’t really break down the gates, but definitely hits ya good and hard nonetheless. Also that final 2 minutes.

8/10

Sacul: Saviour Machine - Carnival of Souls

Sailing choruses and then some smooth guitar, which then transitions into a song with a pretty tight groove. Vocals definitely weren’t what I was expecting, but I think it’s good that it wasn’t what I was expecting, because I like these vocals better. The lack of guitar presence in what I can only assume is the chorus is unfortunate, but that sounds like more of a mix thing, other than that I really enjoy this song, I shall have to check out more from them over the weekend!

8.5/10

Zantera: At the Drive-In - Cosmonaut

This is a band I’m actually trying to get in! I have both of their albums but have only mildly listened to this one. I am now convinced I should listen a lot more. Great intensity to it, and that bass guitar shall be stuck in my head. Also of course Omar+Cedric= awesome. These guys are just incredible(along with the rest of the band of course x) ) and it’s just mind-blowing how diverse they are. Putting this album on my iPod again right fuqqin now.

9/10

Adace: The Oath - Night Child

Feedback starting a song is always a good sign, I also see a bunch of retro metal/doom metal bands in the related videos bar, aw yissssss. The riffage is tasty as fuck with this group, and that bass sounds sooooooooooo gawt damn good. Their vocalist has a pretty good voice, and drenching it in reverb and a bit of delay works so well for it. Chalk this up to another band that I will have to check out as soon as possible, I absolutely love this!

9.5/10

Onno: 4th movement of Antonín Dvoràk’s 9th Symphony

I can always appreciate classical music, I used to take breaks from listening to other music in my car and just keep my radio on the Minnesota public broadcast classical station. There’s just this exclusive beauty to classical music that’s special to itself. This piece itself is incredibly gorgeous, it swells up with emotion and falls back down into dainty playing. You might have just kickstarted a period of classical music for me Onno, it’s been awhile since the last one.

9/10

WebRaider: Exotic Animal Petting Zoo - Through The Thicket… Across Endlesse Mountains

I’ve heard of these guys through metal blogs, but never actually checked them out. I think I like what I’m hearing :lol: some math rock thrown in with some great clean vocals. The dynamic between the harshes and cleans work so well, each one builds the other up so much. And the music, oh gawd, the music is so gorgeous. That guitar that comes in around 2:15 oh gawrsh it’s so pretty. And the drummer that dude is pretty damn good. I shall most definitely make sure I finally give this band a proper check out, because I would love to hear more of this sort of music.

9.5/10

PROGdrummer: Solution .45 - Gravitational Lensing

Melodic Death metal *windmills for days*, I could absolutely do without those clean vocals, they sound more like modern hard rock radio vocals than anything. Everything else though, fuck yeah. Also that bit after 1:20, I love when bands do things like that. Not much to say other than that. If they got a clean vocalist who fit more with the music that would be preferable, but as it stands the whole is good enough to put up with those clean vocals I suppose. The group cleans around 4:00 were cool though.

7/10

Senecadawg2: 52.5+8= 60.5
Sacul: 47.5+8.5= 56
Zantera: 52+9= 61
Onno: 49+9= 58
WebRaider: 51.5+9.5= 61
Adace: 54.5+9.5= 64
PROGdrummer: 49.5+7= 56.5
GenlemanofDread: 47+8.5= 55.5
MoraWinterSoul:  45

Great round guys, I've got plenty of new music from this round alone to check out, and you guys are consistently nailing it! It's been fun, but it looks like we're at our last round, which is the second free round. Y'all earned it, so send whatever you want, and let's end this thing with pizazz.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
... Well now.

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2014, 03:09:31 PM »
Yay! That album is definitely outstanding, and that's just the opener ;). Sent.

Offline Onno

« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2014, 03:44:49 PM »
Wow, I didn't expect you to like it that much, that's great! And if I've indeed kickstarted a period of classical music, then that's awesome! :metal

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2014, 02:35:28 AM »
Song sent! :)

Offline adace

« Reply #160 on: September 01, 2014, 12:46:09 AM »
Glad ya dug it  :hat

Sent.

Offline Onno

« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:04 AM »
I have a great entry in mind, but it's a bit over 20 minutes. What's your limit on song length DC?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:06:08 AM by Onno »

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #162 on: September 02, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Results tomorrow or Thursday

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2014, 09:12:31 AM »
Cool :coolio

Offline PROGdrummer

« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2014, 10:16:29 AM »
Lets just see who won already  :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
aw come on, I'm only a day late!  :lol
Results up this evening.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »
Take your time man.  :)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA, I LIED HERE ARE THE RESULTS RIGHT NOW.

GentlemanofDread: Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe, Eugene

I was at a friends house one night, and another friend who was blazed out of their mind put Live At Pompeii on. So we sat talking and would look at the screen occasionally and would be like “Hm, this is some tight shit right here, I tell you h’whut”. It really is a fantastic listen though, and this song is so chill, while also making the hair on the back of my neck stand at certain moments, all in all a great song!

8.5/10

Senecadawg2: Gallowbraid - Stone of Remembrance

Vocalist has some good harshes, pretty clear enunciation etc etc, I really like the production of this track, seriously and I like the folk metal slivers that thread themselves into the song, on top of the killer black metal music. One thing I could do without was that power metal scream at 2:30 or so :lol: but is something so minor compared to the 8 minutes and 29 other seconds of music that kick complete ass. That acoustic bit a little bit before the song reaches the 4 minute mark is so pretty with that flute combination and distorted guitars also chugging in. And then that solo in the 5 minute region, that’s some tasty shit. Great great great song dude, I seriously love how the folk elements blend so well with the rest of the song, you’re ending the roulette in a very strong fashion!

9/10

Sacul: Nils Fram - For - Peter - Toilet Brushes - More

Spacey *ha look at me, what a wise guy* synths stretch out to a simply beautiful effect, I feel like I’m just lying down in space floating, as I reach out to poke tiny little stars. After 2 minutes though the mood changes, and it now feels almost ominous, but more so a cautious, adventurous, feeling. Around 5:40 it begins to enter that floating feeling again, but it’s not as comfortable this time, but it’s just as gorgeous. Overall, it’s a song that takes many twists and turns, as 7 minutes in can tell you, where this “Tribal” feeling percussion comes in, after a while a new keyboard part comes driving in. It’s all gorgeous, and covers many, many different feelings, and I may just have to check out the rest of this album and more from this person, as I love it!

9/10

Zantera: Cult Of Luna - Dim

Cult Of Luna! I have their most recent album, but haven’t checked out anything else from them, which is silly, because I love Vertikal :lol: The song has this playfully ominous feel to it for the intro. It’s very pretty though, and at 2:00 minutes, oi m8 I just melted in my chair. That synth sound and the instrumentation, that’s the girl I could never pick up the courage to ask, it’s just a 10/10 gal that makes my palms sweat even though they don’t ever do that. As the song evolves it continues to be gorgeous through and through. And then at 9:00 the vocals come in and the ominous little tingling I felt in the beginning rears it’s head, and I love it! I need to dig into the rest of this band’s discography, because I can’t miss out on such beautiful music!

9.5/10

Adace: Avatarium - Moonhorse

Not related to the song, but surprising they’re on Nuclear Blast, you don’t see too many Doom bands on that label as far as I’ve seen. Anywho to the music, Heavy intro that goes into acoustic guitars and a fragile female voice, singing as if she’s telling a tale, and then boom heavy lead injected brick filled sac riffage. This pattern repeats, and it’s quite interesting honestly, but instead of the same riffage, it goes into this molten, running display of radical guitars, and now the vocals come in over the riffage, and it works greatly. I don’t know if this is a band I’d listen to often, but when I would, it’d be a fine listen.

8/10

Onno: Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony no. 9, 4th Movement

I actually have this, in D minor :3 I don’t listen to it nearly often enough though, as it’s such a gorgeous display. There’s been times where I began to play the 1st movement at work and my coworkers made me change it because it certainly wasn’t fitting music for setting up a wedding banquet :lol: Thanks for sending this though, I may just have to go back and listen through it all today :)

8.5/10

WebRaider: Amplifier - Continuum

Like you said, the music does build, and I too really dig stuff like that, when bands can make a song evolve and become this beast of a song. The vocals are pretty good too. When he says listen and the song has this little explosion of energy, that works really well, and the part that follows it sounds trippy. At 4:40, I like how the sound becomes ominous before going into a beautiful solo, and then that becomes this aggressive  churning beast that breaks out of it’s cage and just rampages, all before just going back into the original musical idea, so many changes in a short time and it all sounds so damn good :lol: Fantastic submission, and a fantastic finale from you!

9/10

PROGdrummer: IceJJFish - On The Floor

Oh my god, dude I have nothing to say but well done. A masterful display of music crafting, and the ability of the human voice. This shall be put on display in the halls of the White House, truly a masterpiece.

2/10

Senecadawg2: 60.5+9= 69.5
Sacul: 56+9= 65
Zantera: 61+9.5= 70.5
Onno: 58+8.5= 66.5
WebRaider: 61+9= 70
Adace: 64+8= 72
PROGdrummer: 56.5+2= 58.5
GenlemanofDread: 55.5+8.5= 64
MoraWinterSoul:  45

It was a super close race, but our winner is:

1st: Adace
2nd: Zantera
3rd: WebRaider

Congratulations to everyone though, you all sent me a butt ton of wonderful music that I shall now have to look into, and I had a blast listening to what you guys sent, hope you guys enjoyed yourselves as well!

Thanks for participating guys!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:21:49 PM by Dark Castle »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2014, 01:02:38 PM »
Glad you enjoyed Gallowbraid! I also enjoyed playing in the roulette!  :tup :tup

Congrats Adace
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2014, 01:07:25 PM »
Heyyyyyyy.... I think I got a whole round of scores taken away and should be a third place finish!!! :sadpanda:

LOL, I deserve it for my own scoring mistakes in my roulette...

Was fun and I hope you found lots of stuff you'll take time to get into. I'm still going back and delving more into the bands submitted to me in my roulette. Enjoy!  :hefdaddy

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2014, 01:20:14 PM »
You're right! How the bloody hell did I not notice that  :lol Fixing it right now, no idea how that happened

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2014, 01:56:44 PM »
Glad you liked Cult of Luna! :) I don't know if this was the part that knocked it down 0.5 from a 10, but the outro might get a bit repetitive or long drawn on its own, but in the context of the album it segues perfectly into the next track. :) Anyhow, glad you liked it!

Offline adace

« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2014, 02:09:57 PM »
Can't believe I won :omg: Thanks, man! :hefdaddy

And thanks for running such a rad roulette. :hat I'll definitely participate in your next one, if you decide to have it.

Offline Onno

« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2014, 05:12:04 PM »
That was fun, thanks for running the roulette DC! Congrats to Adace!

Offline Sacul

• Spinettapilled
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2014, 07:56:47 PM »
Great you liked Nils Frahm! That guy is truly a monster when he plays live :tup . Anyways, congrats adace and thanks DC for such a cool roulette :biggrin: .