Author Topic: X-Drive (Ex-Megadeth/Montrose members)  (Read 856 times)

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
Re: X-Drive (Ex-Megadeth/Montrose members)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 01:15:50 PM »
No thanks.

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 01:16:05 PM »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 01:26:24 PM »
Not for me either.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 01:39:49 PM »
I thought it was "okay."  Kind of misleading to bill it as "ex-Megadeth/Montrose members," even if it is technically true.  The "ex-Megadeth" member is Lomenzo.  Okay, he was technically the bassist credited for playing on United Abominations and Endgame.  But he has no writing credits and I don't know that he was ever more than a hired gun (not to mention the fact that he has played for something like 8,000 bands--is he truly a "member" of any of them?).  And the "ex-Montrose" member is St. John, who was the "hired gun" touring-only singer for Montrose's extremely sporadic touring from 2002 to 2011.  And the brain child behind this project is apparently the unknown guitarist, who had no connection to Megadeth or Montrose whatsoever. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 01:42:10 PM »
I thought it was "okay."  Kind of misleading to bill it as "ex-Megadeth/Montrose members," even if it is technically true.  The "ex-Megadeth" member is Lomenzo.  Okay, he was technically the bassist credited for playing on United Abominations and Endgame.  But he has no writing credits and I don't know that he was ever more than a hired gun (not to mention the fact that he has played for something like 8,000 bands--is he truly a "member" of any of them?).  And the "ex-Montrose" member is St. John, who was the "hired gun" touring-only singer for Montrose's extremely sporadic touring from 2002 to 2011.  And the brain child behind this project is apparently the unknown guitarist, who had no connection to Megadeth or Montrose whatsoever.

But they need the names for the draw!

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 03:25:02 PM »
:lol  Well, of course...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »
So..this isn't the new Sammy Hagar/Marty Friedman project?
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Mindflux

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 03:37:12 PM »

Neither of their names are on the roster, so.. no?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »

:caffeine:

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:14:24 AM »

But they need the names for the draw!

Though there's little point when the music isn't related to those bands. Even Montrose rocked harder than that.