Author Topic: Dating Naked...  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Arry

• Only the good die young...
  • There is only one Um...
Dating Naked...
« on: July 18, 2014, 07:40:46 AM »
We have really hit rock bottom with tv... But it's hysterical... :corn

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Dating Naked...
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:43:30 AM »
Stop watching it. You are adding to its rating and are contributing to that "rock bottom".

Offline Arry

• Only the good die young...
  • There is only one Um...
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 07:49:47 AM »
Even if it's DVR'd??? Goddamn these two make NYers look awful...

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:51:08 AM »
Even if it's DVR'd??? Goddamn these two make NYers look awful...

Yes.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 07:54:00 AM »
Stop watching it. You are adding to its rating and are contributing to that "rock bottom".

Totally this. The majority of people don't have a positive view of reality TV shows but don't put their money where their mouth is so to speak. It'd be like someone complaining about littering then saying "I only throw an occasional hamburger wrapper or paper from a stick of gum out of my car while driving every few days" and wondering why their city looks like a dump. I'm not calling anyone who watches reality TV a bad person, but I really think the detractors need to realize that if they made a conscious group effort to never watch these shows or give them accidentally free publicity by talking about them, that progress could gradually be made toward TV being less shitty.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:58:01 AM »
I'm holding out for..."Naked with the stars"
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 08:59:49 AM »
I've never been a fan of a reality show and I kinda stopped complaining about them since it attracts the kinda douchebag audience that usually retaliates below the belt, you can't get into a discussion with them cause they're just on a another plain of existence, it's like trying to convince soap opera fans to stop watching it.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 09:47:26 AM »
Just goes to show how stupid people get to make a few bucks.  Complete garbage.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
How has there not been a reality show about a delivery boy yet? Think of all the DRAMA!

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »
I know it wasn't exactly the point of your post but I strongly disagree about TV being at 'rock bottom'.

Sure theree are a lot of really stupid shows out there, but they're very easy to ignore and counterbalanced by a few awesome shows. I'll take 10 Dating Nakeds so long as there are shows like Breaking Bad to balance them out.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2014, 10:32:32 AM »
I know it wasn't exactly the point of your post but I strongly disagree about TV being at 'rock bottom'.

Sure theree are a lot of really stupid shows out there, but they're very easy to ignore and counterbalanced by a few awesome shows. I'll take 10 Dating Nakeds so long as there are shows like Breaking Bad to balance them out.

This

Offline ZirconBlue

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »

Not unless he's got a Neilsen box in his home. 

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »

Not unless he's got a Neilsen box in his home.

I have other nicknames for my boxes.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »
The sad reality is that "reality" TV is not going anywhere anytime soon. Until the "Great Culling" occurs and humanity is thinned to the brink of extinction, we will be stuck with "reality tv" drivel. (The "Great Culling" BTW cannot happen fast enough if you ask me, but I digress.)

Just one excellent example of the grip this shit has on the masses is that the BBC canceled a perfectly excellent show called "Ripper Street", because it decided it was going to put another "reality" program into it's time slot.  :(
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »

FX programming alone is worth having TV for!

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »
What a ridiculous concept.  I don't watch any totally scripted "reality" shows other than America's Got Talent.  I'll probably never get tired of watching something like that.  There's a lot of variety and you never know what the next act is going to do. 

But naked dating? Really?  First off, do you really even want to hook up with someone who would DO this?  They're bound to be complete skanks.   This show along with "Naked and Afraid" "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" or whatever the hell it is, think about the concept there.  A dude has like a dozen hot women in front of him and they're all supposedly looking for an opportunity to connect with him and be chosen at the end and they can then ride off into the sunset together and live happily ever after. 

Yep, that's quite the catch you got there, lady.  He just spent the last 10 weeks fucking his way through a small crowd of women to find you, his one and only love!!   :heart   :heart   :heart

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »

Yeah FX has a lot of great stuff.

Similarly, if standard cable really did hit rock bottom I would go ahead and get an HBO subscription and drop the rest. There's an easy way to not be bothered by reality tv shows and still get a lot of great series.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »

Yeah FX has a lot of great stuff.

Similarly, if standard cable really did hit rock bottom I would go ahead and get an HBO subscription and drop the rest. There's an easy way to not be bothered by reality tv shows and still get a lot of great series.
I totally agree! Their is a shit load of great shows these days! I don't ever watch reality TV, nor will I ever.

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »
True, but just think how many more great shows would exist without reality TV.  As Vox mentioned, reality TV is taking up too many time slots.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
I thought of AndyDT when I saw the title.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 01:27:49 PM »
I'd watch a reality tv series about AndyDT's dating life.

Edit: No, actually having thought about it a bit more, I don't think I would. But I do think it would be better than plenty of currently running reality tv shows.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:41:24 PM by senecadawg2 »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »
That made me LOL. Most of the Andy references here don't amuse me, but this really does seem like something he might have asked about. I like to think he's off banging his way through the entire female population of London, two at a time.

Speaking of somebody who needs to get laid. . .

How is it that nobody's bringing up MTV's who gets their cherry popped first show? Man, that's ten times more basic than the naked dating think, and doesn't even have VH1's sense of decency. Christ, you guys have placed the bottom of the barrel several stories above the drain.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
I can't think of anything that reality programming is preventing from being shown. Television drama and comedy is better than it has ever been.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »
I flew twice this week with JetBlue, so this was my exposure to regular TV programming (I unsubscribed from TV many years ago). I ended up watching "Coming to America" after rotating through all the channels. The rest was totally shit.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »
I didn't know this was a show and I wondered what the hell this thread could possibly be about.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
Dating naked in my 20's.  For sure!

Dating naked now, Check please!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2014, 05:20:24 AM »
I watched about two minutes of this show this morning.

I've seen worse stuff than this on TV.  I mean, yeah, it's kind of dumb, and nothing I would watch with any regularity, but it's not revoltingly stupid, like some other things I've seen.  It's not on FOX.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2014, 09:37:31 AM »
If it makes you feel better, Germany has the same show.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2014, 01:55:05 PM »
I very rarely watch tv, and when I do, I steer far, far away from all "reality" bullshit.
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »
There are some competitions I enjoy from time to time. All the talent shows, Gordon Ramsey shows, and American Ninja Warrior.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 04:15:24 AM »
If it makes you feel better, Germany has the same show.

If I'm going to watch naked German's I'm going to see something I'd probably never try in bed.   Not dating. :lol

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 09:43:45 AM »
Everytime I see a show like this, I think back to a Saturday Night Live parody they did.  About 15 years ago when reality TV was really taking off.  They did a trailer for a new show called..."Who Farted"  It was fucking hilarious...and in hindsight, pretty right on target.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2014, 01:38:15 PM »
Only a matter of time before Smash TV becomes true.

GIVE ME MAH  BRAND NEW VCR
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 06:21:48 AM »
Dating naked in my 20's.  For sure!

Dating naked now, Check please!

can I have a bowl of nipple soup please?
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 08:16:33 AM »
:lol