Author Topic: James Speaking On Score  (Read 10106 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: James Speaking On Score
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »
backbacon!
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Setlist Scotty

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2014, 01:18:57 PM »
I also remember him saying something like... "we are shooting a live DVD!". It just kinda sounded funny to me because "DVD" just sounds a little outdated. It's all about the blu ray.
Why?  I can't think of a recent live release I have where the band have announced during the show that they are shooting a live BluRay.  They always say "DVD."  That is still pretty much the standard.
Hmm fair enough.
Maybe it might just be better to say that they're "shooting a live video" or that they're "filming the show".   ;)
As a basic rule, if you hate it, you must solely blame Portnoy. If it's good, then you must downplay MP's contribution to the band as not being important anyway, or claim he's just lying. It's the DTF way.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »
Filming is even more outdated. There was no film stock as far as I could tell.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2014, 03:39:42 PM »
Semantics shmantics.

I just can't wait for it to get released.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline genome

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2014, 03:46:55 PM »
One thing I always thought about James' speech is that he mentions that they're going to be on stage for 2 hours and 40 minutes. As I understand it, the DVD was filmed over two nights to fill that time slot, so wouldn't that have left the crowd a little confused when their set was considerably shorter? ;D

Offline Sir Walrus Cauliflower

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »
I just can't wait for it to get released.

Same. I'm definitely pre-ordering it (assuming it ever gets released  :lol)
I feel strangely honored to be following up a post from Sir Walrus Cauliflower.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2014, 03:51:51 PM »
Damn WMG bastards, pursuing the copyright infringement I committed in uploading the Illumination Theory preview...
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2014, 03:55:13 PM »
One thing I always thought about James' speech is that he mentions that they're going to be on stage for 2 hours and 40 minutes. As I understand it, the DVD was filmed over two nights to fill that time slot, so wouldn't that have left the crowd a little confused when their set was considerably shorter? ;D

It was recorded only on one night in Boston. and it was that long.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Grizz

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2014, 03:58:22 PM »
All the sets are the same anyway, so you must be referring to LaLP, in which case the secondary night was bonus tracks* and not included as part of the main production* and I don't even know if James said that there.

*Except for the shitty editing in which clips from the secondary show were used unnecessarily to fill gaps

Offline genome

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2014, 03:58:35 PM »
I was talking about LALP, sorry.

Was the original night an Evening With, then? When I saw them on the 2012 tour their set was just over 2 hours?

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2014, 04:53:29 PM »
All the legs but the last leg of ADTOE they were 2:00 shows.

The South American leg of the 2012 tour was 2:40 minute shows and they didn't have intermission. (so LALP has 2:40 PLUS 6 extra songs, so total like 3:10 maybe)

The next year they make 2:45 minute shows plus a 15 minute intermission, and call it a 3-hour Evening With show  :lol