Author Topic: Mike Mangini and Portnoy--daisy picking and skipping through meadows?  (Read 23983 times)

Offline Grizz

Re: Mike Mangini and Portnoy --The Fight that wont stop.
« Reply #175 on: July 02, 2014, 11:24:34 AM »
Yeah I have it too. Too bad it's trapped on the HDD I can't access at the moment.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #176 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:34 AM »
Oh and about the thread- PERFECT discussion, and yea, how come it's okay to completely disrespect someone else's points only if their in the minority view? I guess rules really only do apply if the mods disagree with your view.. "No bashing" -my ass; "no disagreeing with Bosk and the majority of DTF" is where it's at. Here I am supporting a person's tactics who I thoroughly disagree with substantively, again.
Not sure how this got missed earlier.  But you are dead wrong in your assessment.  Plenty of people here disagree with my opinions, bosk1's opinions, and the rest of the mods.  But by all means, if you don't like how things are done here, then pretty please, with a cherry on top, get the fuck out.  Maybe it's not the place for you.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • welcome to the wasteland
« Reply #177 on: July 02, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
This is obviously not true, as bosk threatened to strike me with his banhammer when I put Space Dye Vest at the top of my top 50 list. You don't want to know what gross things I had to do to get out of trouble, and I never transgressed again. Quit spreading lies, hef.

Dennis, there are reasons why some minority opinions are just minority opinions. While I do agree DTF can be harsh to people who have some unpopular opinions, not being able to phrase them respectfully over and over again is a big part of why it seems to be that way. And similarly, there are just some things that have been debated to death already, with unpleasant results, and this sort of OP really gets a rise out of people because we're either jaded of this discussion or we can't believe that after everything that happened someone still has that sort of a viewpoint.

I'm just saying there's a certain time and place, and a certain way to bring this sort of discussion into light again, and the OP didn't do that. While some people can't fit into DTF, this is by far the most welcoming and diverse and respectful internet community I've ever been a part of. Mods themselves have all sorts of different viewpoints, and I never felt disrespected around here.

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

type : mora : and delete the spaces for a surprise

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: July 02, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
"Not sure how this got missed earlier.  But you are dead wrong in your assessment.  Plenty of people here disagree with my opinions, bosk1's opinions, and the rest of the mods.  But by all means, if you don't like how things are done here, then pretty please, with a cherry on top, get the fuck out.  Maybe it's not the place for you."

Hef... handling the situation with the blunted edge of the cat o' nine tails as always.  Soft as Angel Soft...

My opinion of the situation?.... it doesn't matter what my opinion is.  DT knows what really happened; MP knows what really happened... all of our opinions (whether good or bad regarding either party) are simply fun (in some instances) speculations.  There's nothing wrong with speculating; as long as the speculator remembers that he/she is speculating.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 12:25:34 PM by vtgrad »
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #179 on: July 02, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »
Oh and about the thread- PERFECT discussion, and yea, how come it's okay to completely disrespect someone else's points only if their in the minority view? I guess rules really only do apply if the mods disagree with your view.. "No bashing" -my ass; "no disagreeing with Bosk and the majority of DTF" is where it's at. Here I am supporting a person's tactics who I thoroughly disagree with substantively, again.
Not sure how this got missed earlier.  But you are dead wrong in your assessment.  Plenty of people here disagree with my opinions, bosk1's opinions, and the rest of the mods.  But by all means, if you don't like how things are done here, then pretty please, with a cherry on top, get the fuck out.  Maybe it's not the place for you.

Welcome to DTF, may I take your order please?

Yeah, I'll take one troll thread, hold the self-awareness, with an extra large order of smackdown.

Would you like a Vlasto shake with that?

NO.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2014, 01:23:01 PM »
This thread delivers....

Heartburn 

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2014, 02:52:53 PM »
noahlol
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Online ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
Re: Mike Mangini and Portnoy
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2014, 03:23:05 PM »
While I do agree DTF can be harsh to people who have some unpopular opinions, not being able to phrase them respectfully over and over again is a big part of why it seems to be that way.
I would say it's mostly that, in fact. A lot of my opinions on DT go against the majority, and I'm sure you're the same Milena, but we're able to express them in respectful ways. Frankly, I would say DTF comes down much harder on people who act like jerks even when their opinion is the majority one.

NOW EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND LET'S MAKE DAISY CHAINS :heart

EDIT: Oh yeah and I changed the terrible misleading thread title.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline Tim van Duijn

« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2014, 03:27:53 PM »
Oh my god people. Just read Lifting Shadows. There is so much more in that book abuot this case than what we've been told.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2014, 03:28:51 PM »
My take :

MM acts like he deserves his place in DT and is loving every minute of it & is nothing but grateful.

MP towards the end seemed like he thought he was the band.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2014, 03:53:38 PM »
While I do agree DTF can be harsh to people who have some unpopular opinions, not being able to phrase them respectfully over and over again is a big part of why it seems to be that way.
I would say it's mostly that, in fact. A lot of my opinions on DT go against the majority, and I'm sure you're the same Milena, but we're able to express them in respectful ways. Frankly, I would say DTF comes down much harder on people who act like jerks even when their opinion is the majority one.

NOW EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND LET'S MAKE DAISY CHAINS :heart

EDIT: Oh yeah and I changed the terrible misleading thread title.

Rich, that thread title was full of win.  It needed to be highlighted.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2014, 06:21:44 PM »

:rollin :metal :hefdaddy

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2014, 02:53:58 PM »
This thread delivers....

Heartburn 
Tum ta tum tum tummmms! :metal
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2014, 03:10:02 PM »
Mike Mangini seems like the kindest humblest man going. Seriously.
He works his ass off to be great. Great enough to be considered to replace a guy like Mike Portnoy, and the competition he faced as well.
He auditioned for a legendary prog metal band. He was so ecstatic about being hired he was over the top emotionally.
This guy is great and I'm so glad he is in the band. I don't think he spends one waking minute of any day of any week thinking about Mike Portnoy, good, bad, or otherwise.

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »
Yea, well sorry guys, I'm not going anywhere so you're stuck with me, I freakin' love this forum  :P haha

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2014, 09:15:56 PM »
Four things:

1.  The thread title is still a hot mess, and I will fix it momentarily.

2.  Yes, this thread exhibits some great trolling.  Some good points, but expressed in a way that is obviously designed solely to stir up controversy and not for the purpose of having intelligent discussion.  The thread came within an inch of being locked.  Then this happened:
Hooooly shit, Hellholming!!
Best thread role reversal in the history of the Internet.

3.  This is perhaps the best thing I have read in a long, long time:
I have always taken these "we're friends" statements by musicians with a big grain of salt. MP and Neal are clearly actual friends. But MP and MM,  they will probably have met at the occasional drumming event. I have no doubt they were on very positive terms with each other, but it strikes me more like the kind of "friendship" you have with a coworker whose work you respect.
Eh, it's obvious they aren't scheduling sessions of daisy picking and skipping through the meadows

Do people actually do that?  I mean, I'm not judging.  If you or people you know do that, its cool. 

4.  What hef said:
You've been warned in other threads.  Consider this an official warning.  Knock it off, or you will find that you are quite mistaken about us being "stuck" with you.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
Re: Mike Mangini and Portnoy--daisy picking and skipping through meadows?
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2014, 09:36:01 PM »
The new thread title: :clap: :hefdaddy

Offline TheAtliator

• Sixdegrematichaos onachristmasmorning
« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2014, 09:38:48 PM »
I meant stuck with me as in a reply to "if you don't like how things are done here, then pretty please, with a cherry on top, get the fuck out."

As in, if you're asking nicely, no I won't leave you all alone because I like it here whether everyone hates me or not  :lol

No, really though I'll be good, that was the last time you'll hear from me in this way  :biggrin:  :angel:

and-
The new thread title: :clap: :hefdaddy

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
Of course they used drum sticks to pick the daisies.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2014, 11:53:28 PM »
Kevin Moore
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #196 on: July 04, 2014, 12:59:11 PM »
1.  The thread title is still a hot mess, and I will fix it momentarily.
:heart

Don't try to BS her about Kevin Moore facts, she will obscure quote you in the face.

Offline Grizz

« Reply #197 on: July 04, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »
I think that, while the original thread title was complete shit, changing it so that the thread is not taken the least bit serious is only supporting the anti-DTF points made by some members of this thread.
"I raised the baby, I changed the baby's diapers.  Whenever the baby had projectile diarrhea, I was there in the line of fire.  I even got a little in my mouth!  I sacrificed so much for my baby.  Now my baby hates me and thinks Mike Mangini is its real father!"

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #198 on: July 04, 2014, 02:41:36 PM »
Two posts into this thread it already was a parody thread. The title now reflects that.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #199 on: July 04, 2014, 03:06:41 PM »
I think that, while the original thread title was complete shit, changing it so that the thread is not taken the least bit serious is only supporting the anti-DTF points made by some members of this thread.
Only if you have no sense of humor.  Besides, the current title is more truthful than the original.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: July 04, 2014, 03:32:21 PM »
This anti DTF is always the fringe minority in life.  They always make the biggest noise. So when we do see bat shit crazy posts it's fair game.  We first try to point out the facts that 90% know the true timeline on the events yet others seem to want to make things up out of thin air like the OP in this thread.

when they fight the facts we pounce, not because it's the opposite of what we know, it's the antic that go with their though process.  Bat shit crazy deserve a Hef GTFO and bitchslap.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2014, 12:45:28 PM »

Offline MoraWintersoul

• Gloom Cookie
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2014, 01:07:43 PM »
 :heart

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2014, 01:09:01 PM »
:lol
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Tom Bombadil

• We Do Not Sow
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
That just made my day

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
The hills are alive with the sound of Mangini.

Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Tick

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »

:metal :lol

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
Zydar  :metal
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »

:lol :metal

The hills are alive with the sound of paradiddles........

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2014, 05:55:49 PM »

This is one of my favourite things.