Author Topic: Tyrant, an FX Original Series  (Read 990 times)

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
Tyrant, an FX Original Series
« on: June 28, 2014, 09:05:52 AM »
I saw promo's for this show all Summer but they didn't give me much of a clue what the show was even about.
The 90 minute premiere of this show was freaking outstanding!
An American son travels back to the Middle East to see his father (who is the dictator of his birth country) and his ruthless family he has not seen in 20 years. He brings his wife and his son and daughter. They are mesmerized by the experience but he knows all the while this is a dangerous venture he is leading his family in to.
Its got some mind blowing moments and I am really excited about future episodes. If you missed the first episode check it out. Its another in a long line of great FX shows!
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Tyrant, an FX Original Series
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 10:35:00 AM »
I enjoyed it. After watching American Horror Story and Fargo, I'll watch anything that FX puts out. Looking forward to The Strain as well.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 10:32:20 PM »
I enjoyed it. After watching American Horror Story and Fargo, I'll watch anything that FX puts out. Looking forward to The Strain as well.

Being that I'm trying to limit my television viewing and the new shows I pick up....I chose to go with 'The Strain' over 'Tyrant', although both look good. I think I'm going to do HBO's 'Leftovers' as well.....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:47:20 AM »

Being that I'm trying to limit my television viewing and the new shows I pick up....I chose to go with 'The Strain' over 'Tyrant', although both look good. I think I'm going to do HBO's 'Leftovers' as well.....
The Stain is going to have to be real good to be better than Tyrant! This first episode was riveting.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:00 AM »

The Stain is going to have to be real good to be better than Tyrant! This first episode was riveting.

I have no doubts about that...I watched the extended trailer. Looks incredible. I just personally have to find a way to limit all this ridiculous TV I watch  :lol Gotta pick and choose....
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind