Author Topic: bl5150's Top 50.........TOP TEN ...#1  (Read 71022 times)

Offline Lowdz

Re: bl5150's Top 50.........the main event...#20.............street crime
« Reply #385 on: July 29, 2014, 11:15:27 AM »
I took a long time to get into TGRC. It was the slow beginnig that threw me - I loved Hang Tough but the next 2 didn't hit the spot for me. Its a long album too. Once I got throught hat "its not MR II" I came to prefer it over the debut. In fact MR is my 3rd favourite after TGRC and PS.

Bust a nut is 2/3 of a great album. Some filler in there but some great songs too. A little influenced by the grunge era, though not grunge-y per se, its the slower, more ballad-y songs I prefer. Great fold out Hugh Syme cover too.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #386 on: July 29, 2014, 11:21:19 AM »
Bust a nut is 2/3 of a great album. Some filler in there but some great songs too. A little influenced by the grunge era, though not grunge-y per se, its the slower, more ballad-y songs I prefer. Great fold out Hugh Syme cover too.

Agreed.  I didn't like it much when it first came out, but when I revisited it recently, it's aged well for me.  Still fourth in a four-horse race though when compared to the first 3 discs.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #387 on: July 29, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »
situation report

Sorry, I don't speak Canadian.  :biggrin:

Agreed! I really like Bust A Nut. It may even be my second favorite after this one. It may be a bit more dry in terms of sound (it definitely sounds 90s - but not bad at all) and there are some great songs on there - I enjoy Shine Away, Rubberband, Mama's Fool, and Alot To Lose. The rest are great too.

Cry, Shine Away, and Solution would be my Top 3 from that album.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #388 on: July 29, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
What you guys pimped me a little while back from Tesla was good, looks like I need to check out this one.  Wasn't a fan of the new stuff though.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: bl5150's Top 50.........the main event...#18
« Reply #389 on: July 29, 2014, 07:51:44 PM »
If I could go back I think I'd swap Tesla into this position and Skid Row back to #19 but hey- we're talking fractions at this point.

#18 Skid Row : s/t
Released 1989

Tracks
1.     Big Guns     
2.     Sweet Little Sister     
3.     Can't Stand The Heartache     
4.     Piece Of Me     
5.     Eighteen And Life     
6.     Rattlesnake Shake     
7.     Youth Gone Wild     
8.     Here I Am     
9.     Makin' A Mess     
10.     I Remember You     
11.     Midnight/Tornado 

Skid Row owned 1989 in the hard rock world with their debut album – 5* platinum and 3 hit singles (18 & Life, I Remember You and Youth Gone Wild) make it an amazing successful debut.  It has the songs to back it all up too.  If I had to pick a few weaker tracks they’d be Piece of Me, Makin a Mess and Here I am but that’d be clutching at straws – this album is near perfect heavy rock/hair metal/ whatever………..I’m not one for getting all uptight about genres.   It’s an album that manages to be much heavier than compatriots like Bon Jovi and Europe but still retain the same sort of commercial appeal with some huge singles.  The sound on this album is fantastic too courtesy of big label budget (Atlantic) and a Michael Wagener production.  It’s was a tight thing between listing this or the heavier Slave To The Grind  but in the end I reckon this album got more air time and it a touch more consistent. Having said that - at this very moment I'd probably grab STTG. I need to keep reminding myself that this is about "life impact" and there are a number of albums ahead that I almost never play now but which had a huge impact back in the day.

Anyway -both great albums and it’s hard to believe that the same guys wrote some of the shite that has been released since.

There’s all sorts of trivia around this album, including the name needing to be bought from Gary Moore,  but the most interesting is the relationship with Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora.    The Skids got their deal with Atlantic via BJ’s manager Doc McGhee and also got on the New Jersey tour – in return for being such a great mate JBJ of course insisted on the band signing away the publishing from their debut album and the deal was done.  Nobody was expecting it to go 5* Platinum and of course some angst developed around this. Supposedly Sambora relented a few years later but not JBJ as far as I'm aware.

Favourite Tracks:  Youth Gone Wild, Rattlesnake Shake, 18 and Life, Midnight/Tornado , Big Guns  .............no links as again - sure you guys know this stuff.

Honourable Mention :  TNT - Tell No Tales

Up next...................the album I mentioned earlier that I expect nobody to know.  Feel free to surprise me . 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 08:00:51 PM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #390 on: July 29, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
Never was much of a Skid Row fan, but that TNT is excellent.

Offline FreezingPoint

« Reply #391 on: July 29, 2014, 08:03:10 PM »
Skid Row.... :metal

However, I feel like Slave is the better album. A bit more on the metal, a bit more raw.

I have to say, I'm surprised we haven't seen any Van Halen until this point.
avenuex.bandcamp.com

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2014, 08:56:28 PM »
Love Skid Row w/ Bach. 

Slave to the Grind blows the s/t out of the water IMO, but the s/t is still great; just shows how good STTG is.

Why this band doesn't just put differences aside and get back together is silly.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #393 on: July 29, 2014, 09:01:08 PM »
I think I knew that JBJ tie in.  Agree with everything you said, including the comparison's to STTG.  This finished high (11th) on my original Top 50.  I played the fuck out of this album, and holy shit did I want Sebastian Bach's hair.  I had such a man-crush on him.

Really been meaning to check out more of TNT - Harnell sounds great with Starbreaker, and he fucking slayed on the ProgNation tour.  Guess I only have one more to add to the list today.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: bl5150's Top 50.........the main event...#17
« Reply #394 on: July 29, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »

#17 House of Spirits: Turn Of The Tide
Released : 1994

Tracks
1.    Dawn   01:31   
2.    Turn the Tide   04:34   
3.    Wasteland   04:35   
4.    Keep Me from Dreaming   05:23   
5.    Close to the Edge   04:43   
6.    He Waited   04:04   
7.    In My Heart   05:50   
8.    The Eye of a Storm   04:53   
9.    In a Daze   04:15   
10.    Final Mistake   04:19   
11.    Time Has Come   05:39   

Back in the early 90’s when I was on my crusade to discover all the best new prog metal I stumbled onto a cool tune by a band called Jester’s March (Rain Falls ) – that became a firm favourite with me and , as you do , I investigated further .Unfortunately I found that I didn’t like much else that they’d done but  I did  keep tabs on them enough to discover House of Spirits which was formed out of the ashes of Jester’s March.  Add in a couple of new band members ,  Uwe Baltrusch  (guitar ,ex Mekong Delta ………crazy band) and Jorg Michael (ex- everyone) on drums, and Turn of the Tide was the result  .

The singer Olaf Bilic has that sort of Queensryche-ish vibe but he has a much more delicate voice (nice way of saying less powerful) than a Geoff Tate or Midnight.  The music isn’t anything ground breaking I suppose but by the same token I’ve never heard anything else quite like their very atmospheric brand of prog metal  – ....I used to kick back and just immerse myself in this album.  Bilic’s vocals are a big part of that but it’s the music too.  It is supposedly a concept album but don’t ask me what about  :angel:   A tide that turns perhaps.

This is yet another disc that seems to have vanished from the record books – there’s barely a trace anywhere on the net but I'm hopeful it’s one that a few here will like   .  For me it's just one of those albums that had a big impact.

Favourite TracksClose To The Edge , Keep Me From Dreaming , , In My Heart,Wasteland  ,   He Waited

In My Heart is one of the best "metal ballads" in my collection..........would make Queensryche in their prime proud.  :hefdaddy Now that I'm listening to it again , I'm wondering if I've ranked it high enough.  Love this album.

Honourable Mention:  Heaven - Knocking on Heaven's Door;    A long lost classic of Aussie rock that nicely combines the classic pub rock that we're known for with some more melodic rock moments....definite shades of DL's High'n'Dry in parts.  I'm pretty sure they supported Judas Priest when I saw them with Ripper.   Link is there as usual but here's a few extra : No Turning Back ,  , Nowhere To Run

Had to upload them myself.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 04:11:03 AM by bl5150 »
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #395 on: July 29, 2014, 09:24:40 PM »
Sorry, can't surprise you.  Never heard of either.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #396 on: July 29, 2014, 10:01:33 PM »
Skid Row! Finally something I actually know! :biggrin: :metal
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2014, 02:49:44 AM »
That Skid Row is a classic debut. I prefer it to STTG. I didn't go with the heavier direction. Didn't even buy it after hearing a couple of the singles which is strange considering how much I played the debut. I saw them live touring with Vain and Vain kicked their ass. Sebastian was great though.

Never heard of your wildcard so you can sleep easy there Brent.

Love that TNT album. it was a soundtrack to my teens - one of many.  :biggrin: The guitar playing kicks all kinds of ass and those vocals -  it was meant to make my list (an honourable mention at least) but forgot it  :facepalm:

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2014, 05:29:21 AM »
Sorry, can't surprise you.  Never heard of either.

Same.

Even I have never heard of Heaven, but they sound damn good.  Looking on wiki, Rowan Robertson is a current member, nice.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2014, 06:46:28 AM »
B, I freaking loved Heaven. I had all three albums, though I definitely prefer Where Eagles Fear To Tread.
Wasn't Alan Fryer the runner up to Brian Johnson for the AC/DC gig?

Looking on wiki, Rowan Robertson is a current member, nice.

Really? Wow!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2014, 07:00:12 AM »
Eagles?   Is that the US pressing?  ;D   Good album with some interesting guests too.

The album I listed was also produced by Paul O'Neill - for a band unknown in their own country (diehards aside) they managed to draw some talent.  Guitarist on KOHD was Mitch Perry who's also got a fair pedigree.

There was plenty of crossover with AC/DC in various ways - their early sound , management etc..... and yeah - not sure if he was 2nd on the list but I believe he was in line for the gig.  I like his voice but not sure he would've fit with AC/DC.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
Eagles was released in the US as were all three. Not sure who distributed then. I had all three on cassette. My first exposure to them was the video to In The Beginning. Can't link it here cuz I'm at work on my phone.
They did a great cover of the Supreme's Love Child too.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2014, 05:07:25 PM »
I was having a joke with you Tim  ;)    The album was called Where Angels Fear To Tread.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2014, 06:22:29 PM »
I was having a joke with you Tim  ;)    The album was called Where Angels Fear To Tread.

I was typing quick at work. I get it.. :facepalm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_KOpvXcYWc

Awesome tune and album anyway.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: bl5150's Top 50.........the main event...#16..attention black_floyd :)
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2014, 07:38:57 PM »

#16 Dokken : Beast From The East (Live)
Released 1988

Tracks

1.   "Unchain the Night"      5:38
2.   "Tooth and Nail"       3:18
3.   "Standing in the Shadows"     4:27
4.   "Sleepless Nights"     4:08
5.   "Dream Warriors"     4:09
6.   "Kiss of Death"     5:21
7.   "When Heaven Comes Down"     3:44
8.   "Into the Fire"  5:02
9.   "Mr. Scary"     8:13
10   "Heaven Sent"     5:12
11.   "It's Not Love"     6:14
12.   "Alone Again"     5:34
13.   "Just Got Lucky   5:02
14.   "Breaking the Chains"     3:55
15.   "In My Dreams"     5:02
16.   "Turn on the Action"     4:58
17.   "Walk Away"     (studio track)

NOTE: CD version (not JAP) loses 3 tracks that were on LP/cassette (which I had) – Standing In The Shadows, Sleepless Nights and Turn On The Action.

This might seem an unusual choice for my first live album in the list but it does what I expect from a good live album and that is to add some life and interest that isn't there on the studio tracks.

It was really intended to be a battle between Back For The Attack and Under Lock and Key for this spot but when I did my little reminiscing exercise it was clear to me that BFTE was my most played (and first) Dokken album – it had most of their best songs and a bonus studio track exclusive to the release.  Sure -  the drums are very flat and the rhythm guitar a bit scratchy, but I think the performances are great otherwise – esp Lynch who changes things up from the studio versions in a tasteful way. Choosing this album also avoids me having to make the hard decision between the other two albums.  ;D  FWIW I had decided that if it came down to it I would’ve gone for Back For The Attack.   It's a tie based on just songs but the real key is it has a much more lively, crunchy production whereas ULAK is rather flat in that department , which is a shame as I love that album , esp deeper cuts like Will The Sun Rise. .  And that goes for Tooth and Nail too which is why I think the live album is the better representation of those songs.  Just that intro at the start to Unchain The Night is magic.

I have included Up From The Ashes as an HM below – IMHO it’s almost as good as anything Dokken recorded and one of the best ever twin guitar attacks put on record.  Lynch’s Sacred Groove (half instrumental, half vocal with Glenn Hughes/ Ray Gillen/Nelson) would've been under consideration too if it weren’t for the two atrocious tracks with Mandy Lion – dafuq ?  :facepalm:

For those very casual Dokken fans , i might as well mention that it's probably worth tracking down the song  Back For The Attack which was a B-side to Dream Warriors but didn't make the album.  Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWsiSijRU-Q

Favourite Tracks: Unchain The Night , Kiss Of Death , Mr Scary, It's Not Love, Dream Warriors ,Alone Again , Into the Fire

Honourable Mention:  Don Dokken : Up From The Ashes...........great album that I seem to like a bit more than everyone else  :D  Great twin guitars from Norum and Billy White.  It's a shame Billy didn't do more rock like here as he made Norum seem tame on this.  Ex- Watchtower so he was probably cruising along , but great stuff to my ears.  He has the solos on the linked track.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: bl5150's Top 50.........#16..attention black_floyd :)
« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »
Damn, always keep meaning to check Ashes.

That live album is incredible.

Online jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »
Wolf, check out Ashes, its an fantastic release.

Beast from the East is one of my favorite live albums.  5 stars!

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:18 PM »
Good to see love for the beast  :tup  I'm surprised actually - normally when I raise this album the response is that it sounds like shit etc.......never understood that myself.   Same with UFTA actually.  Both great albums.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2014, 09:32:21 PM »

#15 Joe Satriani: The Extremist
Released 1992

Tracks
1.     Friends     
2.     The Extremist     
3.     War     
4.     Cryin'     
5.     Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness     
6.     Summer Song     
7.     Tears in the Rain     
8.     Why     
9.     Motorcycle Driver     
10.     New Blues 

Two of the benchmark guitar albums when I was a teenager learning the instrument were Steve Vai’s Passion and Warfare and , even more so, Surfing With The Alien by Satriani.  My guitar teacher at the time recommended that I check it out (or get my dad to buy it is more like it) and I can remember being floored at how good it was.  That cassette barely left the player for months but in the end I had total overkill on it because in my high school grad year 3 years later (so 16 or 17yo) I did electric guitar as a subject – the first time ELECTRIC had been offered which was cool – and my 3 feature performances at my exam were Circles,  Always With Me Always With You and Midnight.  Rather nervewracking in front of an examination board who seem like they'd never seen an electric guitar in their lives.   So I played stuff off that album every single day for a year and even though I’ve given the guitar away years ago I reckon I could almost still play most of that stuff it’s so ingrained into my head.  It probably deserves this spot but in the end I got sick of it.

The next album Flying In A Blue Dream –  I’d be giving that the gong if not for the vocal tracks which I didn’t like much at all.  Take them out and I think it’s his best album.  The Forgotten Pt 2 , the title track , One Big Rush etc.... are amazing but I struggle with the idea of having an album in this list where I skipped half of it.

The Extremist , like FIABD, is almost flawless ,has no vocal tracks and is a bit more polished and has a bit more feeling /depth than Surfing……………Satch was at the peak of his powers around this time but everything that came after this I either didn’t like (s/t as an example) or was half killer, half filler (Crystal Planet).  His first three albums are essential and he was also my first or second major gig , so he played a big part in my musical life.  I can also say that I saw Satriani live with hair!

Favourite Tracks:  Motorcycle Driver, Summer Song, The Extremist, War, Friends

Honourable Mention: Steve Vai - Passion and Warfare

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2014, 09:33:11 PM »
I had trouble with the above post - things vanishing etc...and couldn't get links to work. Most of you guys will know it anyway.

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #410 on: July 31, 2014, 02:58:23 AM »
Huge fan of Dokken in the T&N - BFTA era. Was looking forward to the live album but found it flat and uninspired compared to the studio versions. I had the cassette version too, with the complete album on it. I like the studio track tagged on at the end too. I have  to say I would listen to the three studio albums rather than this.
I was disappointed in the Don Dokken solo album too, considering the talent involved. Played it recently and enjoyed it but it suffered from no George Lynch, even though I liked John Norum.

BFTA made my top 50 and I don't know what you're saying about the production- sounds perfect to me. That Lynch rhythm sound is my perfect tone.  :biggrin:

Satch is god.
FIABD made my top 50. Unlike you I love the vocal tracks even though Joe ain't no singer. I think those tracks have a charm to them that would be lost with a "proper" singer. I Believe is just a great song.
I was disappointed with the Extremist when it came out. Starts off fine but I find it short (though admittedly longer than SWTA)- especially as New Blues did nothing at all for me. It did signal the direction the next album would go and that was when things started to slip for me. I know he couldn't just make SWTA and FIABD over and over but I missed that catchy fun style. He's hardly ever recaptured that since.

Crying is a beautiful track. I took the girl I was dating to see the tour for TE and she was in tears during this track and I almost was too. As close as I ever got with music and as Alice said, "I Never Cry".

Vai's Passion & Warfare is a great piece of work too. He is not from this planet and can sometimes be too weird to really enjoy, but when he's on he's on. Of the lesser lauded tracks Blue Powder  is just awesome. I first heard that as a free flexi disc giveaway through a guitar mag long before P&W came out.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2014, 03:49:24 AM »

BFTA made my top 50 and I don't know what you're saying about the production- sounds perfect to me. That Lynch rhythm sound is my perfect tone.  :biggrin:

Well I don't know what you're saying  :P

Point out where I criticised BFTA and I'll provide an official retraction  ;D

FWIW I had decided that if it came down to it I would’ve gone for Back For The Attack.   It's a tie based on just songs but the real key is it has a much more lively, crunchy production whereas ULAK is rather flat in that department , which is a shame as I love that album , esp deeper cuts like Will The Sun Rise. .  And that goes for Tooth and Nail too

Re Satch .........I agree with much of what you said.  As I explained The Extremist was really just a "next best" behind "Surfing" which I did to death and FIABD which has many of my favourite tracks but too much filler IMO.    I actually created a version of that without the vocal stuff - that would be my favourite "album" but I can't really post my edited version  :D

I'm surprised nobody liked the House of Spirits...........looks like I'm the only one who owns that for a reason  :blush
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 04:29:35 AM by bl5150 »

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #412 on: July 31, 2014, 04:40:27 AM »
Coz tried to connect me to Dokken, and I had a go with a few (BFTA, ULaK, and maybe TaN).  Liked them, but not quite enough to continue to go back to them or purchase.

The late 80s saw an attempt to make instrumental music more radio friendly and commercial - led by both Satch and Vai.  I had SWTA, FIABD, and P&W.  All fantastic albums.  Somehow lost the discs over the years, as none of them sit in my iTunes library - and as ya'll know, I'm trying to reconnect with instrumental music.

Nice updates.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2014, 04:59:47 AM »

Well I don't know what you're saying  :P

Point out where I criticised BFTA and I'll provide an official retraction  ;D

FWIW I had decided that if it came down to it I would’ve gone for Back For The Attack.   It's a tie based on just songs but the real key is it has a much more lively, crunchy production whereas ULAK is rather flat in that department , which is a shame as I love that album , esp deeper cuts like Will The Sun Rise. .  And that goes for Tooth and Nail too

Re Satch .........I agree with much of what you said.  As I explained The Extremist was really just a "next best" behind "Surfing" which I did to death and FIABD which has many of my favourite tracks but too much filler IMO.    I actually created a version of that without the vocal stuff - that would be my favourite "album" but I can't really post my edited version  :D

I'm surprised nobody liked the House of Spirits...........looks like I'm the only one who owns that for a reason  :blush

Just realised i read your review wrong - that's what happens when men try to multitask - trying to watch football from last night, cricket (we're close to winning a test match!) and read DTF, whilst listenning to music and watching the kids. Something had to give  :biggrin:. You were criticising the live album sound (which I agree with) not BFTA -  :facepalm:

Youtubed the House of Spirits and it was ok. Didn't stand out enough for me - I think I'm getting very picky these days. Maybe its music overload

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #414 on: July 31, 2014, 05:30:13 AM »
Coz tried to connect me to Dokken, and I had a go with a few (BFTA, ULaK, and maybe TaN).  Liked them, but not quite enough to continue to go back to them or purchase.

*Bitch slaps*
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #415 on: July 31, 2014, 05:48:48 AM »

*Bitch slaps*

oooohhhh... do it again.  DO IT AGAIN!!!

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #416 on: July 31, 2014, 05:49:37 AM »
No Steely Dan in this thread.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #417 on: July 31, 2014, 05:57:34 AM »
I feel that the Extremist is one of the most underrated Satch albums.  I'd say it would make my top 3 quite easily.  War, Why, title track, Moto Driver, Friends, all some of his best songs.

I remember as a young guitarist too hearing Surfing with the Alien for the first time.  Fucking blew my socks off.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of that House of Spirits at all really.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #418 on: July 31, 2014, 05:59:15 AM »
Satch is on of those guys that I just could never get into and seeing him live with DT cemented that.  I find his work with Chickenfoot generic.

Online wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #419 on: July 31, 2014, 06:04:43 AM »
Chickenfoot sucks.