Poll

Pick One!

Sector 1 - Rush/FBN/COS/2112
Sector 2 - AFTK/HEMI/PEW/MP
Sector 3 - SIG/GUP/POW/HYF
Sector 4 - Presto/RTB/CP/TFE
Sector 5 - VT/S&A/CA

Author Topic: Favorite Rush "Sector"?  (Read 2382 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Favorite Rush "Sector"?
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 10:48:42 AM »
But as I've repeatedly said over the years, I'd put Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels up against anything they've ever done before that. Almost inexplicably with this band's track record how that can happen, but the evidence speaks for itself.

I can only argue that point a little.  If I was to rank them, Era 5 would be second in my books.  My ranking would be 2-5-3-4-1... although it's really a tie for 3/4.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 03:38:40 PM »
Shockingly, I wasn't the only one to vote 5.

But as I've repeatedly said over the years, I'd put Vapor Trails, Snakes and Arrows and Clockwork Angels up against anything they've ever done before that. Almost inexplicably with this band's track record how that can happen, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Good god I wouldn't. TFE, VT, S&A were abyssmal for me. Not one track on those 3 albums I would ever feel the need to play. CA was very good though.

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 06:24:00 PM »
Looks like there are three of us now....

Offline jammindude

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 06:33:55 PM »
I had to vote sector 2...but I wanted to stick up for sector 5.    Vapor Trails wasn't that great, but S&A and CA are both phenomenal, and IMO they do easily hold up along side the sector 2 output.   

As a matter of fact, if you were to trade out Vapor Trails with Test For Echo, I would almost call it a dead heat...but not quite.    Test For Echo is just an absolute GEM of an album.  I feel bad for Sector 4 because it has my least favorite album (Roll the Bones) and a couple of mid-tier albums (Counterparts and Presto) and then ends on a top 5 all time Rush album (to me at least, I know I'm in the minority on that one).
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 09:41:07 PM »
Interesting and new twist with this poll. Very well done.

Very tough for me, as I know a lot of the personal back story of most of their work. So, I'd choose all of it, really.

Okay, if I had to pick one for me it would be #3; with #2 a very close second.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2014, 02:49:21 PM »
I had to vote sector 2...but I wanted to stick up for sector 5.    Vapor Trails wasn't that great, but S&A and CA are both phenomenal, and IMO they do easily hold up along side the sector 2 output.   

As a matter of fact, if you were to trade out Vapor Trails with Test For Echo, I would almost call it a dead heat...but not quite.    Test For Echo is just an absolute GEM of an album.  I feel bad for Sector 4 because it has my least favorite album (Roll the Bones) and a couple of mid-tier albums (Counterparts and Presto) and then ends on a top 5 all time Rush album (to me at least, I know I'm in the minority on that one).

I don't like Test For Echo enough to consider it Top 5, but it's a damn fine album with some incredible hooks.