Author Topic: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.  (Read 681 times)

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:29:00 PM »
Rest in peace, Eli, and thanks for all the fine work.

"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
Re: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
I actually had to look that up; I was more of a Calvera fan (though Tuco was still fantastic). A real loss, though. Still, he always struck me as one of those guys that was just happy to be around, and he had 98 years which I'll bet he enjoyed immensely.

What happens to these people will happen whether I kill you first or not.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Sycsa

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »
I always quote that line from the thread title when I watch movies, most recently with prince Oberyn. RIP

Sycsa is perhaps the most brilliant and insightful man I have ever encountered.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 08:47:38 AM »
RIP

What a great actor.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline vtgrad

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 09:15:46 AM »
+1

Ah Tuco; one of my all-time favorite characters from my all-time favorite movie.

"Don't die, I'll get you water. Stay there. Don't move, I'll get you water. Don't die until later."
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man."  Ecclesiastes 12:13

Now with Twitler taking a high end steak of this caliber and insulting the cow that died for it by having it well done just shows zero respect for the product, which falls right in line with the amount of respect he shows for pretty much everything else.- Lonestar