Author Topic: Any love for BC&SL?  (Read 11062 times)

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Re: Any love for BC&SL?
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2014, 06:36:03 PM »
Not sure what you see as commonality between BC&SL and ADTOE.  Night and day to me.

I think you meant day after day and night after night.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline fllnsprrw

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
Not sure what you see as commonality between BC&SL and ADTOE.  Night and day to me.

LOL...

he's right though

why is this place so dead now?
1. Images & Words/ 2. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence/ 3. Scenes From a Memory

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2014, 01:56:18 PM »

YOU WOULD BE SO WRONG
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2014, 02:08:53 PM »
BUT,

BUT,

Yes sir.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2014, 02:25:10 PM »
 :lol

My one terabyte hard drive has a 1/3 partitioned for all you gifs. :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2014, 02:29:26 PM »

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »
DAMN YOU! :lol

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »

Offline Randaran

• The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2014, 01:58:32 PM »
I do like this album, though I do consider it to be the weakest in their catalog; though this speaks more about how DT has released consistently great albums than on BC&SL. With most of their albums, I find that I can listen to them over and over without getting tired of them. I can listen to this album every once in a while, and I enjoy it whenever I do, but I find that it wears out its welcome after a few listens. I attribute this mostly to the inconsistent quality of the first two tracks; both ANTR and ARoP are mostly comprised of exceptional moments, but have a few components that do not work. Coincidently, the parts I take issue with in both songs involve part of Jordan's solos and Mike's vocals. Due to this inconsistency in the first 25 minutes or so, I find it hard to motivate myself to listen to the album, even though the remaining two thirds are excellent. Unlike their other albums, I prefer to listen to parts of this one rather than the entire thing.
Only a prog fan would try to measure how much they enjoy a song by an equation. :lol
My anime can beat up your anime.

Offline JiM-Xtreme

« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2014, 03:37:34 PM »
Plenty of love for this album. I'd be so bold as to put it at the #2 spot for me. It's the last Dream Theater album I ever listened to that really excited me right from the very first listen.

Offline Enalya

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2014, 02:55:47 AM »
A Nightmare To Remember brought me into DT and I'd still call it my favorite song of them. But the ridiculous talking at 11 mins breaks the whole epicness every time for me >_> The only song I don't like of the album is The Best of Times. I love The Shattered Fortress and even The Count of Tuscany is on it, my second favorite :hefdaddy

To me, it's not important to be able to listen over and over to an album and still like it. I always like to have some time between listening sessions, because it's so beautiful and great that I don't want to 'abuse' it, if that makes any sense.

Offline Mladen

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2014, 03:12:52 AM »
I still think this album is pretty awesome, although it's not in my top 5 the way it was when it came out. Tracks like A Nightmare to remember, The Count of Tuscany and The Best of times are certainly among the band's best epic pieces, and Wither is a really sweet ballad that I'd love to hear live. I'm not a huge fan of The Shattered fortress, although it kicks ass in concert, to be honest.