Author Topic: The Aspid Thread - In Post-Soviet Russia, Pits Mosh You!  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
The Aspid Thread - In Post-Soviet Russia, Pits Mosh You!
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:17:43 PM »
Okay, so I've been on a radical journey through the thrash metal genre lately. First I got exposed to Voivod awhile back, then I did some more digging into the German thrash bands like Kreator and Sodom and then I came across Vektor and was blown away by them. Finally, after raving about Vektor to some of my friends, one of them told me to check out a band called Aspid, as they apparently inspired Vektor a fair bit.

It turns out that Aspid was a short-lived thrash band from Russia in the early Nineties. They only lasted long enough to put out one album (Extravasation)... but hell, it's something else. Definitely a masterpiece of the genre. :metal

These guys were incredibly technical and heavy. And they're just so Russian. :lol The vocalist, who happens to have an insanely wicked voice, sings all of the lyrics in Russian. I have absolutely no idea what the hell he's singing about or how the lyrics go, but it doesn't really matter to me. It sounds absolutely incredible. :hefdaddy

Soooo... anyone else heard of these guys? If not, if you're interested in great technical thrash metal, definitely check this band out. :hefdaddy :tup :metal :biggrin:
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.