Author Topic: Slash/Myles Kennedy/Conspirators Thread v. The River Is Rising (new single out)  (Read 3242 times)

Offline kaos2900

Re: The Official Slash/Myles Kennedy/Conspirators Thread v. Living The Dream
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 01:43:25 PM »
The new album is not clicking with me like the first two albums. After a few listens I actually think there is more filler on this album that on the first 2 combined. A lot of the songs sound the same and the melodies just aren't that memorable compared to the other releases.

Online Anguyen92

Re: Slash/Myles Kennedy/Conspirators Thread v. The River Is Rising single
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2021, 10:36:08 PM »
Well, for those that still cares.  They got a new song out now.  It's called The River Is Rising.  I feel for me, since Living the Dream onwards and ever since Myles went solo, I'm starting to really find a hard time caring about this band.  Nothing wrong with the band.  Slash is Slash and he's still a solid guitarist.  Todd Kerns, Brent Fitz, and Frank Sidoris is a great rhythm section of musicians. 

For me though, I just don't really enjoy Myles as much here nowadays in comparison to AB and solo and that kinda bothers me a bit when you all know how much I can go on and on on how I really enjoy this guy's material.  I guess I would also feel the same way if Mark Tremonti would go back to do Creed when I really enjoy the Tremonti solo project.  It's like "why can't I enjoy this particular band like I would with either Alter Bridge and their solo stuff."  Maybe there's a form of mental insecurity in me.  Probably.  Preferences.  It can really drive a person nuts at times.

Anywho, for those that want to hear the new song with Slash/Myles/Co. have at it.  Enjoy the new album when it comes out and the eventual tour that will eventually set place.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 08:47:39 AM by Anguyen92 »

Offline Stadler

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Pointing out the "unfunny" since 2014!
Re: Slash/Myles Kennedy/Conspirators Thread v. The River Is Rising single
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2021, 07:21:22 AM »
Well, for those that still cares.  They got a new song out now.  It's called The River Is Rising.  I feel for me, since Living the Dream onwards and ever since Myles went solo, I'm starting to really find a hard time caring about this band.  Nothing with the band.  Slash is Slash and he's still a solid guitarist.  Todd Kerns, Brent Fitz, and Frank Sidoris is a great rhythm section of musicians. 

For me though, I just don't really enjoy Myles as much here nowadays in comparison to AB and solo and that kinda bothers me a bit when you all know how much I can go on and on on how I really enjoy this guy's material.  I guess I would also feel the same way if Mark Tremonti would go back to do Creed when I really enjoy the Tremonti solo project.  It's like "why can't I enjoy this particular band like I would with either Alter Bridge and their solo stuff."  Maybe there's a form of mental insecurity in me.  Probably.  Preferences.  It can really drive a person nuts at times.

Anywho, for those that want to hear the new song with Slash/Myles/Co. have at it.  Enjoy the new album when it comes out and the eventual tour that will eventually set place.

See, I'm the opposite.  I respect Tremonti, and of course, he's excellent, but I MUCH prefer Slash's playing. I'm jazzed for this.  With the advent of Myles' solo stuff - which I like but I kind of wish I liked a LITTLE more - I feared this woudl be the project that got sidelined and I'm glad it's not.  This is probably one of about three bands that I go see every tour now, just because.   I was front row for the show on Long Island last tour, and I yelled "Thank you!" to Myles at the end and he turned and said, "No, thank YOU for coming out!" which I thought was cool. 

Offline DTwwbwMP

Can't wait for album and tour! :metal :metal :metal