Author Topic: Whats your idea of a good night out?  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Arry

• Only the good die young...
  • There is only one Um...
Whats your idea of a good night out?
« on: June 02, 2014, 06:02:01 AM »
The older I get the less interest I have in being out and about. My idea of a great night out is not out, but home with my lady, a good movie or sports event on TV, sometihing delishous to snack on and a cold beverage. Perfection.

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Whats your idea of a good time?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:05:27 AM »
Being at home with a nice movie or listening to music. Cook some tasty dinner and just relax by myself.

I have no desire whatsoever to be out and socialize - I never go to bars or parties. I got my fill of that when I was 19.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Re: Whats your idea of a good night out?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:31:33 AM »
Going out play putt putt with my fiancé, driving go carts and then maybe getting chipotle. Then probably a movie at home.

Don't care out wining and dining, or going to the club or going drinking. None of that has any meaning to me.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
I don't typically go out, but a good night for me typically consists of a combination of any of the following: cooking a nice meal with my girlfriend, watching a good movie or TV show, playing a game, maybe something outdoors, and lovin', touchin' and squeezin'.
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 07:02:40 AM »
When we do go out it's a dinner with friends or family or hanging out at a fore pit at a friends house.  Nice and relaxing.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 07:52:33 AM »
A good meal, first and foremost, with my wife and/or other family/friends.

Also, some kind of other activity - visiting with someone, catching a movie, live music, something.

A great night at home would include hanging out around the fire pit and having some wine.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 07:53:13 AM »
I don't think there is one particular thing I consider a good night out. I thought I was done with going out to clubs to drink and dance but last week's Saturday I went out to a little club where one of my friend's girlfriend and her friends were throwing out a party and I had an awesome time. This last Saturday on the other hand I had a goodbye party for a friend that is going to Europe for 6 months and there were lots of people I knew that I hadn't seen in a while and I really thought I was gonna have a great time but I didn't have as much fun as the previous weekend.
So I would say the perfect night out is basically one where you have fun regardless of what you are doing or with whom. And it's also important not to set an expectation before hand and being open to whatever comes.

Being at home with a nice movie or listening to music. Cook some tasty dinner and just relax by myself.

I have no desire whatsoever to be out and socialize - I never go to bars or parties. I got my fill of that when I was 19.

You missed the hookers and the blow
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline robwebster

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 10:15:52 AM »
Silly music and plenty of vodka-cokes, with a whole bunch of people I already know and the rest of the crowd I'd like to know. As long as nobody's taking themselves too seriously, I'm set.

Nights like that are a bit thin on the ground as late, mind. I do hate my hometown.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »
The night of our joint bachelor/bachelorette party - wings and beer, friends pouring Jack into my mouth straight from the bottle, being on the verge of not being able to walk out of the strip club on my own (but surprisingly managing to), and receiving a lap dance directly across from Mrs. C. who was getting one also?  That was a good night out.

Offline son_ov_hades

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »
Chilling by a fire with some records spinning or any night that involves making out with a stranger.  :D
"Ok, these guys are only catering to the hardcore fanbase that already bought the $8000 meet and greet package complete with signed LaBrie eye patch"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 11:39:11 AM »
Chilling by a fire with some records spinning or any night that involves making out with a stranger.  :D

Add a bearskin rug and you have a winner folks.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:01 AM »

"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
First some good rock climbing, then going out with the same group for Mexican, with margaritas. Yum.
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 12:10:51 PM »
Sitting around a fire with friends and being home by 12.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2014, 12:32:05 PM »
A good meal, first and foremost, with my wife and/or other family/friends.

Also, some kind of other activity - visiting with someone, catching a movie, live music, something.

A great night at home would include hanging out around the fire pit and having some wine.

This is a very good description for me too. I'll also add, we typically (schedules permitting) do a date night once each week. We try and incorporate a new restaurant we haven't tired at least every other week
We also go to a lot of shows...symphony, comedy, theater.

And we entertain a lot at home. I love to create new things in the kitchen. This is usually followed by some group game like Quelf, Cards Against Humanity, Trivial Pursuit, Catan, etc.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:33 PM »
Sushi, Slip n Slide, and then an arctic swim

:JayOctavarium:
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
What the fuck is a "night out"?

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2014, 12:48:41 PM »
1.Cinema to see your big film of the year ( i.e. not just any old thing you fancied seeing ).

2.Meal in a restaurant afterwards. ( Something nice - not a fast food joint ).

3.Home with the people you sent to see the film with to discuss it whilst watching some TV or maybe a DVD with snacks / soft drinks.

That'd do me.  Might do that for Interstellar as it's released on November 7th - which is my birthday :).

--- Actually having thought about it --- since it's my birthday - maybe I can get treated and we can go to see it in IMAX  :metal

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 01:23:09 PM »
This was a pretty killer evening:

First we had dinner at a nice, somewhat upscale bistro in the North End of Boston, then we went to see Cirque du Soleil - Amaluna  Incredible show! :omg:   :hefdaddy   :tup

Capped off the evening and played a nice game of "hide the salami" with Mrs. NoseHair. 

All in all, it was a 5-star Friday night.  :corn 

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 01:25:02 PM »
That's what the people who come to your restaurant are doing.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

Yeah, they are those people who come in three minutes before your shift ends and say things like "you're not closed yet are you?".
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:59:40 PM by Chino »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2014, 01:34:01 PM »

Yeah, they are those people who come in three minutes before your shit ends and say things like "you're not closed yet are you?".

The best way to handle that is, for example if they ask, "What time do you close?", and it's 11:55 p.m. and you close at midnight, instead of saying, "Midnight," say, "Five minutes."  You can sometimes shame people into not staying if you word it just right, and maybe even throw in a look at your watch or the nearest terminal to see the time, which indicates hey maybe we are closed already, but of course you'll always have some a-holes who insist on staying anyway.

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2014, 01:45:43 PM »
If I ever came into RJ's restaurant near closing... I'd make sure it's worth it for him :eyebrows:

I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2014, 05:40:37 PM »
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2014, 07:59:31 PM »
Bottles of wine.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzIuar2DhuE

Wow, I immediately assumed the video you posted would be this:

https://youtu.be/O8UdYd1HgG8

But it wasn't!

I have such a dislike for that skit and that movie.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »
My idea of a good night out?

Spending time with people that make me forget I even have stress.

Offline Neon

• DT.net Member
  • Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2014, 10:28:36 PM »
While I also love a nice night in, complete with a good movie and a good meal, my ideal "fun time out" involves the following things:  Friends, booze, tunes, and food.  With a combination like that, it's really hard to go wrong :)
I'd kill myself for you.
I'd kill you for myself.

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2014, 11:52:25 PM »
While I also love a nice night in, complete with a good movie and a good meal, my ideal "fun time out" involves the following things:  Friends, booze, tunes, and food.  With a combination like that, it's really hard to go wrong :)

Exactly this.