Author Topic: 8/5/09 Wallingford, CT Show Bootleg  (Read 3386 times)

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
8/5/09 Wallingford, CT Show Bootleg
« on: August 06, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »
I was at the show last night at the Chevrolet Theater and was wondering if anyone recorded the whole show in good quality. I have nothing to trade, and no money left after buying the ticket and tour shirt, but I just figured I'd ask.

Offline Elsydeon

Re: 8/5/09 Wallingford, CT Show Bootleg
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 01:32:24 AM »
There's usually someone that records the CT shows. I remember there was a good bootleg from when they played there during the systematic chaos and the octavarium tours. I'm sure one will turn up on dimeadozen within next week, I'll let you know if I run into it. I'm looking forward to it as well, the show was totally awesome.

Offline Birch Boy

• DTF's Heavy Metal Hippie
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 10:44:48 AM »
Alright, thanks.

And by the way, can you explain to me how this dimeadozen thing works? I've read a lot of discussions about it on the bootleg threads and I have no idea what is or how it works.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »
It's a torrent tracker. Basically someone uploads a show via torrent, and the users of that site then can acquire and help share the show. How torrenting works is the huge show is broken down into a bunch of different pieces so it can be shared around quickly and effectively.

If you want to join DIME it's best to start now as it is hard to get an account there, but enough repeated attempts will bring success. I also suggest getting uTorrent as your torrent client, and then reading the FAQ's on DIME on how to use it.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline kefka

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:49:47 PM »
if you're on a mac, i recommend using "transmission" as a bittorrent client.  link is in their faq.  nice thing about the app is that you can set individual ratios and track your overall DL/UL ratio, and this is very important for DIME, b/c you lose the right to download if you don't keep a .25 upload rate, or if a torrent is 1GB, you're expected to allow at least 250MB uploaded from your computer.