Author Topic: The Faith No More thread ("Sol Invictus" released May 19, 2015)  (Read 16442 times)

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
There is no FNM thread already?!  I'm shocked.  Anyway, people are saying a new album might be in the works!

Link: https://www.revolvermag.com/news/are-faith-no-more-writing-new-music.html
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 01:47:44 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: The Faith No More thread -- New album in the works?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
Interesting to see where it goes, but it will probably be a while away.

Great band.  King For A Day is my fav, phenominal album.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 08:48:07 AM »
A new album would be amazing. I love the band, and I love Patton. I really like all the Patton albums, but I would say Angel Dust is the best one. The Real Thing and King For a Day not far behind, and while Album of the Year is not quite as good as the others, I still really like it. I would love a new album.

Offline Lolzeez

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 11:02:45 AM »
I love this band,Angel Dust was a grower for me and so was The Real Thing. Now I love both of those albums. For some reason can't get into their other albums. But I'd love a new album!

Offline Mladen

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
I'd like a new Faith no more album. They performed a new song when I saw them two years ago and it was a pretty sick tune.  :metal

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 02:57:04 PM »
I've heard a few Faith No More songs that I really like, but the only thing I love from Patton is his work in Tomahawk; absolutely addicted to every album. But this would be awesome as it'd be a great point to jump into the mix, catch up on all the stuff I missed.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dittomist

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »
A new Faith No More album would be amazing! I just finished reading a biography about Faith No More and Mr. Bungle so I've been revisiting all those albums lately. Angel Dust is still the greatest, by far, but I also really love The Real Thing and King for a Day. Introduce Yourself is also quite good but I wish it could have been re-recorded with Patton singing. All of the Mr. Bungle albums are really interesting but the self-titled one has always been my favorite.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 07:46:31 AM »
I liked the Fantomas Directors Cut album but Delerium Cordia was just wtf ?! an album of sounds...

I didn't bother with Suspended Animation. Tomahwak was ok though.

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 08:10:40 AM »
I like both Fantomas and Tomahawk, but neither are in the league of Mr. Bungle and Faith No More IMO.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »
Also :

Fan TOM as

TOM ahawk

Peeping TOM.

Is this just coincidence ?

( inb4 - FaiTh nO More )

Offline jammindude

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
Album of the Year is GROSSLY under-rated, and is probably my second favorite FNM album behind Angel Dust.

Never could get into King for a Day, and I feel like I'm the only one.    I really love Ricochet and Digging a Grave...but I just couldn't get into any of the rest of it.  Big disappointment for me.
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline PolarizeMe

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
I'm familiar with Mike Patton through his Ipecac Records label which signed bands like The Melvins and Isis (as evident by my avatar, I'm a HUGE Isis fan) at some point, but not so much his music itself. I've been looking into getting more into some of his music through FNM cause I've heard great things about it, so which FNM album's good for starters do you think?

Offline jammindude

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2014, 09:53:51 PM »
I'm familiar with Mike Patton through his Ipecac Records label which signed bands like The Melvins and Isis (as evident by my avatar, I'm a HUGE Isis fan) at some point, but not so much his music itself. I've been looking into getting more into some of his music through FNM cause I've heard great things about it, so which FNM album's good for starters do you think?

Even though Angel Dust is considered almost universally to be the best album, I would actually say that The Real Thing is the better "starter" album.   It's really fantastic, and just a bit more accessible.    If you like more experimental stuff...Angel Dust is FNM at their peak. 
"Better the pride that resides in a citizen of the world.
Than the pride that divides when a colorful rag is unfurled." - Neil Peart

The Jammin Dude Show - https://www.youtube.com/user/jammindude

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »

Even though Angel Dust is considered almost universally to be the best album, I would actually say that The Real Thing is the better "starter" album.   It's really fantastic, and just a bit more accessible.    If you like more experimental stuff...Angel Dust is FNM at their peak.

Agreed..........The Real Thing is the only album of theirs that I play with any sort of regularity.  The rest...........just the odd song here and there.  I'm not a huge fan obviously but I think The Real thing is a good mix of accesssible and "out there."
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline Azyiu

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 11:18:18 PM »
After over 20 years of its release, Angel Dust is STILL one of my all-time fav albums
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953,
1954, 1972, 1980, 1982,
1985, 1987, 1988, 2000,
2001, 2002, 2009, 2010... 2020

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 10:33:32 AM »

Agreed..........The Real Thing is the only album of theirs that I play with any sort of regularity.  The rest...........just the odd song here and there.  I'm not a huge fan obviously but I think The Real thing is a good mix of accesssible and "out there."

I do love their first three albums but then they started to get too "out there".  Patton gets all this praise but I get the feeling he needs to be reined in by a good producer to really reach his full potential.  In a live setting, he just sucks sometimes.  He can't or refuses to even sing his own melodies he has written and will just squeal and jump around the stage.  Then, ever the arrogant human being, openly talks shit about other bands.  I saw an interview with him at some festival and Wolfmother's set started and he started talking shit about them.  He said, "Just listen to this, what fucking decade are we in?  This is terrible."  I love FNM music BUT I will never see them in concert unless it is a short drive and cheap tickets. 

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2014, 08:12:42 AM »
Faith No More became significantly less interesting to me after Jim Martin left. Patton's nasal singing aside, The Real Thing is excellent and Angel Dust is an immense album, but after that it all went a bit mediocre.

There's a couple of songs I like on King For A Day and Album Of The Year, but I feel that both albums are sorely missing the metal edge Jim Martin brought to the band.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 10:16:16 AM »
I'll admit, I'm shocked. I didn't think this would actually happen.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
:jawdrop:
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2014, 10:35:09 AM »
I know they teased it before, and I was actually just waiting for the announcement to come, but I'll admit that I feel more at ease now, and it's awesome to have it confirmed. One of my most anticipated albums of 2015 for sure.  :hat

Offline Kwyjibo

• Worse troll than Blabbermouth
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 12:10:14 AM »
This better be good, because after 18 years I have high expectations  :metal
Must've been Kwyji sending all the wrong songs.   ;D

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2014, 12:21:22 AM »
I'm trying not to expect anything, to avoid getting my hopes up, but that's gonna be hard, because I love Faith No More so much.

"Happy birthday, fucker!!!"  :metal
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2014, 05:54:06 AM »
Bring it on.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2014, 05:26:37 PM »
Joy!
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »
YES!

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »
I'm surprised that song "Motherfucker" is going to be the first single.  It's hard to tell from the YouTube quality how good the song actually is, but I feel like they can do better choosing a single.  And I've never seen a single that's a curse word before!  :o

Offline fibreoptix

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
I'm surprised that song "Motherfucker" is going to be the first single.  It's hard to tell from the YouTube quality how good the song actually is, but I feel like they can do better choosing a single.  And I've never seen a single that's a curse word before!  :o

Had the pleasure of seeing it live at Hyde Park. It really is that good. A better choice than the other new song they played that day (Leader of Men) in my opinion. Although both songs make me VERY excited for this album.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni

Offline abrandnewname

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 01:57:46 AM »
Discovering Faith No More and listening to their whole catalogue was an amazing thing. Definitely in my top 10 favorite bands. Angel Dust is my favorite album, followed by King for a Day. Mike Patton is so unique, it's not even. I also got into Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, and Peeping Tom too. Anything he does is perfect. I am looking forward to the new album and is happy to be a fan at this point in time.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 12:38:17 PM »
Video of FNM's performance over the weekend at a record store in San Francisco: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/faith-no-more-plays-surprise-set-at-amoeba-records-in-san-francisco-video/

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 08:53:30 AM »
Link: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-faith-no-more-vocalist-chuck-mosley-falls-on-hard-financial-times-asks-fans-for-donations/

Former FAITH NO MORE Vocalist CHUCK MOSLEY Falls On Hard Financial Times, Asks Fans For Donations

Former FAITH NO MORE singer Chuck Mosley has fallen on hard financial times and is asking for help from his fans so that he and his family can avoid being evicted from the house they have lived in for the past decade.

In a December 3 post on his Facebook page, Mosley writes: "Hey friends and other peoples, I am really dreading this. I have fought myself over this for more than a couple months. I seem to have no other choice than to lose my pride due to the lacking ability to provide a sense of security for my family.

"The shocking truth is that i'm not rich. We struggle every day, just like most everybody, more, right now, worse than ever, in a long time.

"Our landlord wants to sell the house we've lived in for ten years, and yes, we are behind in our rent, so he's using that as leverage to get us out so he can fix up and sell, right away, Technically, we're supposed to be out today, December 3rd, but he's deciding whether to give us another week. So here I am, for my family, on my knees, asking for help.

"I'm ashamed for being in this condition, that I have to burden others who look to me only to be my friend, and for me to be theirs, and I am abusing that relationship, and I apologize, but for my family I'll do anything... legal. And that's the reality.

"I could go into a dissertation about how and why, but the bottom line is we are broker than we've been in a good good long time, and can't bail out, so here I am asking that anybody who could afford to send a few dollars to my/our PayPal account (chuck@mosleyvua.com) and for any substantial donations, we will offer up my better half's portrait of my dog, Fredo, and me, real scarface meets... me. She's an awesome artist, her name is Pip Logan, and there's a few more pieces of her work she's willing to part with for a few of the more generous donations. Just throwing that out there.

"Our band, VUA, has had to put off trying to tour or play any shows. We're starting to record new stuff, but even that is suffering at the hands of my family's financial situation, so, please, if you can, help. We will be eternally greatful and I will be eternally self loathing for having to be at this level.

"I'm sorry for asking. If i could do anything for you, please ask, and I swear I will do everything in my power to serve you, any way I can."

A few hours later, Mosley took to his Facebook page again to thank his fans for the response he received to his plea for help. He wrote: "We are overwhelmed by your support. I hate asking for help.

"We put the digital downloads of our albums 'Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food' and 'Demosforsale' for 1$/donation at chuckmosley.bandcamp.com and we will be adding a few signed vinyl and CD copies soon. Big thanks to Matt Gladyszewski for taking extra photos for the demo release and to Cristian Saldías Sepúlveda for the graphic design help."

Mosley released his first solo album, "Will Rap Over Hard Rock For Food", in August 2009 via the Cleveland-based label Reversed Image Unlimited. The CD featured guest appearances from John 5 (ROB ZOMBIE, MARILYN MANSON), Roddy Bottum (FAITH NO MORE, IMPERIAL TEEN) and Michael Cartellone (LYNYRD SKYNYRD). KORN frontman Jonathan Davis, who attributes Mosley as a massive influence, also made an appearance on the single "The Enabler".

With Mosley at the helm, FAITH NO MORE became one of the '80s' leading underground bands on the strength of 1985's "We Care a Lot" and 1987's "Introduce Yourself". Despite exiting the group in 1988 under less-than-friendly circumstances, the Ohio-based Mosley is now friendly with most of his former FNM bandmates and has even joined them on stage in recent years.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2015, 09:07:28 AM »
Another new song debut at last night's show.  Here's fan footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZLTlk5tvE44

Offline LordCost

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »
You can listen to the studio version of Superhero here: https://consequenceofsound.net/2015/03/faith-no-more-shares-new-single-superhero/
I'm not very excited about Cone Of Shame, I hope the studio version will improve the song a bit. Superhero and Matador are way better than the other two in my opinion

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 06:25:04 PM »
Superhero sounds pretty good.........and I haven't really been much into them since the days of The Real Thing and  Angel Dust.
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au