Poll

Does Splent take too long

Yes, he needs to listen more and stop procrastinating even though he's busy as fuck
5 (41.7%)
Yes, but I understand his life is crazy right now so I'll let it slide for now
4 (33.3%)
No, don't worry about it, you're doing fine
0 (0%)
No, in fact you can slow down a bit and it'll still be ok
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Splent's Controversial Roulette v.1.0.11 - R10 RESULTS!! FINAL ROUND COMMENCING  (Read 88148 times)

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
will send this evening
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
  • DTF's resident music educator/conductor
EPs are in. I'll try to start listening tomorrow; however I have a job interview and so all my focus is on that right now so it may not be until Wednesday.
I don’t know what to put here anymore

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
Bumparoo.

I start a new job on Monday, a little closer to home, but still like a 45-50 min commute (hey, 10 min closer means 20 minutes more and I am only in one building). I should polish off my listenings by midweek and end this thing. Sorry for leaving you all hanging. I can't stand my commutes but my listens made them more tolerable.

Hopefully my next one won't be so long to drag on into the summer when ironically I have less time for listening :P

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Looking forward to seeing the songlists!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt
hangmanen when  :corn

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
I'll start it later. :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
Bumparoo.

I start a new job on Monday, a little closer to home, but still like a 45-50 min commute (hey, 10 min closer means 20 minutes more and I am only in one building). I should polish off my listenings by midweek and end this thing. Sorry for leaving you all hanging. I can't stand my commutes but my listens made them more tolerable.

Hopefully my next one won't be so long to drag on into the summer when ironically I have less time for listening :P

Hi!
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
 The new job is insanely busy, but I finally have my feet on the ground. I'll do some of this during my planning period today.

My car is in the shop, so I haven't been able to do any listens in the last few days.

Offline Crow

• Holy Guide of the 4/10
  • DTF.org Member
  • tdjghjjkhliòujoàupougjyufkuyrkuyt

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
Re: Splent's Controversial Roulette v.1.0.11 - R10 RESULTS!! FINAL ROUND COMMENCING
« Reply #1725 on: September 01, 2016, 06:35:32 PM »
Not :soon:.

Sorry. This job, while at an age level I love, is complete chaos. It's not anyone's fault, basically the incoming new principal inherited a clusterfuck with scheduling, and the kids are obnoxious because half of them are in a choir class when they don't want to be in choir, so it's just messy.

I will do listens. I promise. But I can't do it now. All my focus right now is on this job, and on top of that, I'm getting sick.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
BUMP.

I have a four day weekend.

And I'm going to be driving to Green Bay tomorrow and back to Chicago on Sunday.

My goal is to FINALLY finish this thing this weekend.

Truth be told I've been so busy, and felt so overwhelmed, that I haven't been listening to new music very much. I know. It sounds bizarre. My brain shuts down and I don't want to listen to anything new. Or old. And I'm the music teacher. That says a lot. I've also been caught up with my cubbies so I've been listening to a lot of (gasp) sports radio. But I'll get this done. I will have ample time. My goal is to post results on Monday, but it may not be until Tuesday since I am leading rehearsal for my choir that I associate conduct on Monday since the artistic director is going to he out of town.

Once the cubbies win the World Series I won't have a reason to listen to Chicago sports radio again until April so we will be good to go.

Offline Big Hath

• DT.net Veteran
 :tup

it's all good in the 'hood
Winger would be better!

. . . and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
Cool, I was starting to worry that this was never going to be finished. :tup

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
OK, I did not get as many lessons as I would've liked to in, I did get some lessons in though. However, my father-in-law had a heart attack late Sunday night  so my mind was elsewhere for most of the day yesterday. It's not looking very good. The Cubs game was actually kind of a reprieve for my mind  since we won't know why anything until this morning at least.  If I find out this morning that everything is OK, I will finish my lessons this afternoon/this evening and post on here. If it's a worst-case scenario, I will not get it done this week.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
I'm sorry to hear that about your father-in-law.  I hope he's ok.

Offline splent

• Moderator Emeritus
Dang mike changing listens to lessons...

We will know for certain tomorrow what his status is. I'll post something in the GD subforum. Needless to say my mind is elsewhere right now. He lives in Virginia, so I don't have a majorly strong relationship with him, and he and my mother in law divorced when my wife was two and that was a really messy situation for her, but he's still her dad so she's very upset and concerned as well.