Author Topic: DT Keyboard voices  (Read 893 times)

Offline Pax

• an operator acting over a Hilbert space
  • pianist and music theorist
DT Keyboard voices
« on: May 20, 2014, 03:54:55 AM »
I know all keyboard voices they make are difficult to copy, but let's try.

When my band worked on Metropolis Pt 1, I searched EVERYWHERE to find what keyboard voices Moore was using. And I couldn't find that information anywhere. I had a really hard time making those voices ond my keyboard, but they sound pretty much like the original now. So, to help the other keyboardists with the same problem, here are the voices I am using in Metropolis (this is how the voices are called on Yamaha MM6):

Synth strings for the intro and every other part of the song where strings can be heard

Sawtooth lead for the bass notes and solo at 1:31 (every time reference is from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK16zboigaI)

Glocken chimes from 2:49 to 3:07 and from 8:04 to 8:16

Glocken chimes + rock percussive organ (dual) from 4:11 to 4:30 and from 8:01 to 8:04

Punch lead from 4:30 to 4:54, from 6:19 to 6:32, from 6:57 to 7:08 and from 7:16 to 8:01

Galaga (if you don't have that voice, use Square lead) from 5:50 to 6:19

Galaxy electric piano + rock percussive organ (but in a really low octave) from 6:32 to 6:57

distorted hammond organ color from 7:08 to 7:16

Edit those voices how you think they should be edited and ask if you need anything

Does anyone know how to make the solo voice from Illumination Theory (first solo, main riff is in the background)?
!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇F.F.Chopin!̸̶͚͖͖̩̻̩̗͍̮̙̈͊͛̈͒̍̐ͣͩ̋ͨ̓̊̌̈̊́̚͝͠ͅ ̷̧̢̛͖̤̟̺̫̗͚̗͖ͪ̏̔̔̒́ͥ̓ͫ̀ͤ̇ͥ͝ ̡̊͛̇