Author Topic: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread  (Read 25684 times)

Offline Parama

• Roulette Bandit
  • EP Enthusiast
Re: The Discography Discussion Tracker Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 07, 2017, 07:05:32 PM »
wow, Scar tried to do an Opeth discography twice  :lol

Offline Samsara

• Queensr˙che (original lineup) Archivist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2017, 03:13:35 PM »
I think I was supposed to post in here that I'm doing a Queensryche one. Sorry.

http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=50337.0
This Samsära guy doesn't post too much, but he's pretty much always right.  :tup

Online jingle.boy

• DTF's resident deceased dictator
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!!!
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2017, 04:55:32 PM »
We noticed.   :biggrin:
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.
Note to forum, jingle is usually right.
I'm actually disappointed he's not Kim Jong-Il

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #423 on: July 09, 2017, 05:38:54 AM »
There's a rumour of Stadler/Barto starting a Judas Priest discussion.  I'm super pumped since JP was slightly off my listening tastes back in the day.  But.... and I don't know how anyone else feels about this .... there are already two immense and very active metal discussions underway in QR and IM.  Perhaps wait until one of those is wrapping up before starting a 3rd?

Thoughts?
Dream Theater Forums: Expanding musical tastes and shrinking wallets since 2009.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #424 on: July 10, 2017, 01:25:08 PM »
Digression... Tim, you referenced (and we all know) your love for UFO.  I'd love for you to do a discussion thread on them.

Thanks Chad! UFO is an important band. Lots of great material, and also lots of not so great material. Their impact can be seen across so many bands.

No need to add me to the list yet, but I think I will do this. As I said, I'm pretty laid up this week. I feel like if I can get a good intro down, and knock off the pre Schenker era this week, then I will be happy. I'll quietly try and put this together over the next few months.

I just did the writeup for the first album, and have the next two outlined.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #425 on: July 10, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »
Digression... Tim, you referenced (and we all know) your love for UFO.  I'd love for you to do a discussion thread on them.

Thanks Chad! UFO is an important band. Lots of great material, and also lots of not so great material. Their impact can be seen across so many bands.

No need to add me to the list yet, but I think I will do this. As I said, I'm pretty laid up this week. I feel like if I can get a good intro down, and knock off the pre Schenker era this week, then I will be happy. I'll quietly try and put this together over the next few months.

I just did the writeup for the first album, and have the next two outlined.

:caffeine:

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #426 on: July 11, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »
Anybody out there with the knowledge to do one on DIO (solo) or Fates Warning? I'm a fan of DIO solo, and a huge fan of Fates Warning, but I'm not versed enough with the history to do justice to either...
This Samsära guy doesn't post too much, but he's pretty much always right.  :tup

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #427 on: July 11, 2017, 11:48:49 AM »
Anybody out there with the knowledge to do one on DIO (solo) or Fates Warning? I'm a fan of DIO solo, and a huge fan of Fates Warning, but I'm not versed enough with the history to do justice to either...

I'd follow the shit out of both of those.

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #428 on: July 20, 2017, 02:51:15 PM »
Helloween would be a great one as well, if anybody has enough knowledge about them...

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #429 on: July 20, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »
Helloween would be a great one as well, if anybody has enough knowledge about them...

I suspect TAC is your man for them too.  Maybe Wolfking.

And yeah, I'd follow the shit out of that one too.

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Just a decent, normal metal-head fellow
« Reply #430 on: July 21, 2017, 04:19:56 PM »

I suspect TAC is your man for them too.   

Not at all. After Kiske left, I gave up on them. Over the past few years, I have pretty much gotten the rest of their discog. But I honestly haven't paid any attention to the Deris Era.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums................or WTF.  ;D

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
    • Feather Child
« Reply #431 on: July 21, 2017, 04:30:37 PM »
You're talking about making a Helloween discography thread? I'm familiar with Their discography very well, I'm fan since I was Young kid and heard Walls Of Jericho. But, I don't know if I could managed it, I would have to remember some most important parts of Their history which is quite complicated especially in Hansen/Kiske era. I could give it a try soon...I think so.
QUEENSRYCHE Survivor 2017 - HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER rounds starts NOW !!!! :corn :corn HELLOWEEN SURVIVOR 2017 Pink Bubbles Go Ape rounds 8 starts NOW!!!!!!! :corn :corn

Offline Samsara

• DTF.org Alumni
  • AnybodyListening.net
    • AnybodyListening.net
« Reply #432 on: July 24, 2017, 05:19:52 PM »
You're talking about making a Helloween discography thread? I'm familiar with Their discography very well, I'm fan since I was Young kid and heard Walls Of Jericho. But, I don't know if I could managed it, I would have to remember some most important parts of Their history which is quite complicated especially in Hansen/Kiske era. I could give it a try soon...I think so.

Cool! Please do!

Offline The Silent Cody

• The biggest polish DT appreciator ;)
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ten years older, but still DT'ish ;)
    • Feather Child
« Reply #433 on: July 24, 2017, 11:29:50 PM »

Cool! Please do!
I'm thinking about a form of it, but I think I'll go with a normal album by album runthrough with some insides in the band. Have to prepare it, but I want to do this. I love Helloween since I was kid, when I heard Guardians it took from the first time :) And I bought (to be precise, my Father did ;) )that album on cassette, only because of the cover  ;) From then, Helloween is one of my favourite bands of all times.
QUEENSRYCHE Survivor 2017 - HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER rounds starts NOW !!!! :corn :corn HELLOWEEN SURVIVOR 2017 Pink Bubbles Go Ape rounds 8 starts NOW!!!!!!! :corn :corn

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
    • my coverband
« Reply #434 on: July 27, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »
Too lazy to look for it, but is there an Iced Earth discography thread? And if no, why not?  :biggrin:
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2017, 06:02:47 AM »
Too lazy to look for it, but is there an Iced Earth discography thread? And if no, why not?  :biggrin:

No, and probably because no one has volunteered for it.

Offline Grappler

• Victory, Illinois Varsity
« Reply #436 on: July 31, 2017, 06:59:51 AM »

I've considered it, but I just don't have the time to really sit down and do it, and I certainly can't compete with the quality of the Maiden and Queensryche discography threads. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2017, 08:40:03 AM »

I've considered it, but I just don't have the time to really sit down and do it, and I certainly can't compete with the quality of the Maiden and Queensryche discography threads.

If everyone felt they had to top Mosh/Samsara, there would never be another discography discussion.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #438 on: August 28, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
After reading Mosh's great great great detailed posts regarding everything related to Iron Maiden so far and seeing how descriptive the Bruce stuff has been so far, I would like to see a discography thread of Chris Cornell being made covering his entire music life that ranges from his early days to Temple of the Dog to Soundgarden to Audioslave to his solo stuff (yes, including Scream as well).

I know I can't do this justice, since I wasn't even born yet when he did Temple of the Dog and everything pre-Badmotorfinger, and I'm a casual fan at best, but I always like what I hear from Chris Cornell from all of his stuff, and I would like to see a thread of his stuff being thoroughly discussed.  Can anyone here do it after the Iron Maiden discography is done?

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
    • my coverband
« Reply #439 on: August 31, 2017, 08:11:29 AM »
I'd love that!
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Online Sacul

• Music elitist, stuff reader, video game addict.
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Make it controversial!
    • Prog Talk Admin
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2017, 01:59:48 PM »
Instead of Ulver, I think in a couple of months I'll be ready to start making a full Steven Wilson discography thread, covering all his body of work, that is: PT, Solo, No-Man, Blackfield, Storm Corrosion, and even I.E.M., Bass Communion, Karma and Altamont if there's enough interest. I'd cover main albums, EPs and live releases, and also rare EPs, singles, collabs, etc. only if people request it :P I'd also revive the survivor along the way, maybe even start it over if necessary or just following it.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
I would be so down to read that thread Sacul