Author Topic: Dream Theater Signs With SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT via its INSIDE OUT imprint  (Read 15744 times)

Offline Evai

Re: Dream Theater Signs With SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT via its INSIDE OUT imprint
« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
Would DT and Haken be likely? (Or do they have some kind of childish grudge against Haken for the whole Shattered Fortress thing with MP? )
Jordan took Moore's boring, pedestrian parts and elevated them considerably to take them from barely palatable to stellar.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Dream Theater Signs With SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT via its INSIDE OUT imprint
« Reply #141 on: December 20, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »
Would DT and Haken be likely? (Or do they have some kind of childish grudge against Haken for the whole Shattered Fortress thing with MP? )

???  Why would they have a grudge?  I am pretty sure they don't care.

But why do you think DT/Haken is likely?  I have not heard any rumblings that would make me think so.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: December 20, 2017, 11:22:52 AM »
Is there even any rumblings about them dropping the evening with format?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2017, 11:23:48 AM »
Nope.  Nothing one way or the other. 
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline gzarruk

« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2017, 11:41:25 AM »
The DT guys are in good terms with the Haken guys. They did a few shows together in 2015 and seemed to have a great time.
It sounds like, "ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk, ruk." Instead of the more pleasing kick drum sound of, "gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk, gzarruk."

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2017, 12:00:49 PM »
And it's not like label affiliation has in any way been a factor for DT choosing openers before... :P

Offline Fritzinger

« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2017, 12:19:20 PM »

???  Why would they have a grudge?  I am pretty sure they don't care.

But why do you think DT/Haken is likely?  I have not heard any rumblings that would make me think so.

I don't think it's exactly "likely", but it would be awesome nevertheless. Plus, it'd be cool for both bands. Haken have a lot of younger fans, at least here in Germany. I have talked to people at Haken concerts who aren't even that much into prog or so, they have never heard of Gentle Giant or Symphony X or anything.. they just like Haken.
On the other side it would be cool for Haken, I don't think I have to mention why.
But I would be curious what MP would say about that though :D
any rock can be made to roll

Offline goo-goo

« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
And it's not like label affiliation has in any way been a factor for DT choosing openers before... :P

You are correct. But it does make it easier for providing tour support funds to two bands one the same label. It would be kind of cool to get Haken or FW (or both) or another one of IO's bands touring with DT as a support act. We'll see how this goes.

Offline geeeemo

« Reply #148 on: December 20, 2017, 02:39:51 PM »
I, myself, would rather "an evening with" for what it is worth.  I don't enjoy any other bands as much. So if I am going to be a concert, I want as much of DT as I can get - not share.  :)

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: December 20, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »
I'm a bit torn as to what I like better.  Of course more DT should mean better, but there is a point where it does become a bit tiring.  Seems the crowds are usually pretty dead for the first set.   So I guess it depends on the opener and if DT would rotate setlists if they played a shorter set.  I think I'd rather see a DT/Haken tour with both bands rotating songs and try to catch that a couple times vs. a DT only show with a static but longer setlist. 

Offline noxon

• Fan Club Professional
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »

You are correct. But it does make it easier for providing tour support funds to two bands one the same label. It would be kind of cool to get Haken or FW (or both) or another one of IO's bands touring with DT as a support act. We'll see how this goes.

What tour support funds? :P To my knowledge, everything for the tour is handled by DTs "machine", not the label. And the same goes for Haken. Which makes it very hard for a band like Haken to "exist" as touring isn't really cheap.