Author Topic: Fargo- TV Series  (Read 13320 times)

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Re: Fargo- TV Series
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2016, 03:45:06 AM »
Halfway through season 2 and what an awesome tv show this is!! Absolutely fantastic, and I definetely want the sondtrack to series 2!!  :metal
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline lucky7

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2016, 04:30:48 AM »
I thought season 2 was great, but I was a little disappointed with the final episode, yes it wrapped everything up but I just think it felt rushed.
The writing/performances the whole season was top notch, but the final episode wasn't even in the same league.
Saying that I am looking forward to Season 3.  :smiley:

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »
Hey gang. Just started watching this. Episode 1 was pretty good.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 08:13:40 PM »
You're in for a treat.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 03:42:42 AM »
I hope so. I loved the movie.

Online faizoff

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 05:59:14 AM »
The show is an extension of the movie set in the same universe, there aren't really any tie-ins apart from a few things. The show continues the same humor and drama from the movie and does an amazing job at it.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 06:01:21 AM »
Oh ya.

Billy Bob Thornton is amazing in it. Colin Hanks and Martin Freeman are good too.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 06:31:56 AM »
Can't wait for S03!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Online faizoff

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 07:27:43 AM »
I wonder if we'll see season 3 release this year, doesn't seem like it. Haven't kept with any of the buzz regarding season 3 return date or timeline.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 08:25:33 AM »
Wiki says Spring 17.

I'm on Episode 6 now. I wish that Nygaard hadn't killed his wife. I wanted it instead to be all about that misunderstanding in the ER.

Oh well. I guess that Officer Solverson and Tom Hanks Jr are the protagonists.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 01:39:09 PM »
Just watched the new series on FX, Fargo. Loosely adpated from the original movie, and still involving the Cohen brothers, it's actually based on a true story that apparently happened in 2006 in Minnesota.

They also said that about the movie and it was 100% fictitious. Methinks they're carrying on with that tradition.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
Finished. Watched 5 episodes a day.

Pretty good. Keeps you guessing.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2016, 06:22:08 PM »
The thing I really loved about Season 2 is the music. They knocked it out of the park with Locomotive Breath in Episode 6 and War Pigs in the Finale.

Online faizoff

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:48 PM »
Yup just about everything in season 2 was amazing. The songs they chose for the scenes, the score itself was very fitting. I'm extremely happy how the entire season worked out. I could watch it over and over again. I know some people have a problem with the appearance of certain elements in various episodes but I didn't mind it at all.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2016, 07:14:08 AM »
Stayed up far too late last night to finish this (season 2). Loved it!! Lots of crazy twists and turns, and great performances all round.  :tup

I have to say though, the last episode felt like an anti-climax after everything that happened in the previous one. It almost felt like an epilogue rather than a full blown finale - maybe that's how it was intended.

Did anyone else notice Martin Freeman doing the voiceover at the beginning of the episode?

Can't wait for season 3 - I read that Ewan McGregor will be playing two brothers in it, which sounds interesting!

Online faizoff

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2016, 12:28:14 PM »
The second season finale definitely felt structured like an epilogue as all the main action had happened in prior episodes. I love season two and began rewatching it lately and love it even more.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2016, 03:47:19 PM »
I think it was a couple of episodes in, at the part where Lou disturbs Ed in the butchers, and the fingers go rolling under the door, that I said to myself "this is going to be great"  :lol

Oh yeah, and that incident outside the motel, with the light and all (trying to stay spoiler free), was just bizarre!

Online faizoff

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2016, 08:48:41 PM »

Just did another rewatch of Season 2 and I think this season is the absolute perfect season of any show (save maybe breaking bad) Every single scene and frame on this show is perfection. The performances are out of this world by every single actor. I can't think of any other season as a whole that made me feel this way.
Can't wait for season 3 even more.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2016, 05:35:11 AM »
Yea the production value is top notch on that show. To my surprise which I didn't expect the 2nd season was equally good if not actually better than the first which is rare especially when the first season was in such high quality. I loved the first one and had my doubts about the 2nd one but I was pleasantly surprised.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline kaos2900

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2016, 08:15:30 AM »
Just finished the first season a couple of weeks ago. Patiently waiting for season 2 to be added to Hulu.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2017, 04:50:37 AM »
Late to the party, just watched Season 1 and I wanted to praise its brilliant writing and great characters  :hefdaddy

It's basically Fargo the movie 2.0, structured over 10 hours, but it was really funny, absorbing and clever. Lorne Malvo deserves his own spinoff! I loved when he was in "devil on the shoulder" mode and was prompting people to do bad things just for the sheer lulz of it.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 02:34:56 PM »
Damn i'm soo glad this show is back! Other than the interesting and well acted first scene it was a bit of a slow start but I think it caught on towards the end. The stoner contributed to some hilarious scenes and it was pretty obvious what would happen. I think Ray is an interesting character. I just love the suspense mixed with the humour, it's something this show does so well. Hopefully this season will be equal in quality as the previous seasons.

Online faizoff

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 02:50:14 PM »
I think that season opener was one of the best episodes of this show. I can't believe how this show does it. I love the setup already with that episode and can't wait to see where it all goes. I personally felt that episode was perfect start to finish.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 02:58:18 PM »
Sounds great. I've been looking forward to season 3 for a while. I can't wait to see what Ewan McGregor's character is like.

Though I might hold off until some more episodes are available. This one is usually one for binge watching!  ;D

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2017, 06:17:59 AM »
I recognized Maurice(stoner guy seeking stamp) as the guy in halt and catch fire.  To confirm I looked in IMDB and thought I would see 1 appearance in Fargo based on what happened at the end of the first episode.  Turns out he is in 10 episodes if IMDB is correct.  So I guess he was not the guy hit by the AC unit or he comes back after death.

Great start to this season. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2017, 08:25:20 AM »
Could I start watching this season without seeing the first two? Are there things I'd not understand?
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2017, 12:45:57 PM »
Each season is meant to be an anthology series so they're technically not related storywise. Though they do have a loose connection and there are usually callbacks or nuggets here and there in each episode referring to something from the prior season. In the strictest sense you don't need to watch it in order but I think it's advisable you do watch it in order. The first two seasons are some of the best TV there is. I usually don't buy TV series blurays but Fargo is a day one purchase for me the past two times.

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2017, 01:44:40 PM »
Each season is meant to be an anthology series so they're technically not related storywise. Though they do have a loose connection and there are usually callbacks or nuggets here and there in each episode referring to something from the prior season. In the strictest sense you don't need to watch it in order but I think it's advisable you do watch it in order. The first two seasons are some of the best TV there is. I usually don't buy TV series blurays but Fargo is a day one purchase for me the past two times.

I've heard it's pretty dang good. Your endorsement is yet another in the host I've heard.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online faizoff

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 09:07:50 PM »
Of the shows that are currently airing that I watch, after Game of Thrones, Fargo is by far my favorite show on right now.

Online faizoff

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
The second episode delivers as well, it's so rewarding to see the show maintain the stark and dark humor of the original movie so well. Very intriguing in terms of plot unfolding and the buildup is fantastic.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2017, 01:12:21 AM »
I've seen only the first season - and it was fantastic. One of the most brilliant and well written series ever.

Malvo is the breakout character, I want a spinoff about him  :D I think they should have made even more room for his pranks, his "devil on the shoulder" attitude, like when he got the motel guy to piss in the car of the owner. I'd watch a show made up solely of Malvo trolling people like that.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Online faizoff

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2017, 12:35:34 AM »
Easily the best episode of this season. I think I remember episode 8 being my favorite of season 2 as well. What an amazing set of sequences that episode was. I had no idea but there's talk of no more Fargo after this season and that would be a crying shame.
The editing of this show is on point.

Offline NoseofNicko

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2017, 06:42:19 PM »
Yeah episode 8 was pretty awesome.

Online faizoff

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »
I think it's becoming more apparent that season 3 maybe the last in the series at least for the foreseeable future. Show creator Noah Hawley seems to have no new idea to take the series further for now so there's no commitment on new seasons going forward. It's a shame but I'll be fine with 3 amazing seasons and an extension of the Fargo world in TV form. With 2 more episodes to wrap up season 3, I don't expect it end any different way than it has so far.

Online faizoff

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2017, 11:54:20 PM »
And finale is done, great wrapup to another fantastic season. No timeline for season 4 so it just may take a while. slightly different for the show to end the way it did but I don't mind. All in all a very satisfying way to wrap this season.