Author Topic: Fargo- TV Series  (Read 13342 times)

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
Fargo- TV Series
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »
Just watched the new series on FX, Fargo. Loosely adpated from the original movie, and still involving the Cohen brothers, it's actually based on a true story that apparently happened in 2006 in Minnesota. I was really entertained by this show. It has an amazing cast, and a ton of well known celebrities are in it. Martin Freeman is excellent as the male lead, and Billy Bob Thorton is an incredible sociopath. I can't wait to see where this one goes. If you get the chance, check it out.
Anyone else catch this? Thoughts?
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Re: Fargo- TV Series
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:46:35 PM »
First I heard of it.  If I had any disposable time on my hands, I'd check it out.  The DVR is already about a month backlogged with shows.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:56:32 PM »
Billy Bob owned that first episode.

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 12:25:42 PM »
Billy Bob owned that first episode.

Yes, he was great.  He is so calm, no matter the situation. Plenty of surprises in that first episode.  The scene with the two brothers and the hockey stick is great.
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline sueño

• How Dare I Be So Beautiful?
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:04:59 AM »
Thoroughly enjoying this show!
"We spend most of our lives convinced we’re the protagonist of the story, but we rarely realize that we’re just supporting characters in everybody else’s story. Nobody thinks about you as much as you do."

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 02:21:24 AM »
I definitely need to check this out. I loved the movie, and i love the Cohen Bros

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 08:52:24 AM »
If I had any disposable time on my hands, I'd check it out.  The DVR is already about a month backlogged with shows.

This is me.....I just don't know if I can 'handle' another show......I've gotta find a way to eliminate some of my current ones and NOT start anymore!!!!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 10:42:52 PM »
Just saw the first episode. I'm thoroughly interested.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 09:11:36 PM »
This show just got amazing.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 03:22:26 PM »
I haven't watched the last 1-2 episodes but I fell in love with the pilot and it's been getting better since.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 03:49:39 PM »
A bit disappointed in the latest episode. The first 7 were really amazing, this one felt sub-par.

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
Season 2 trailer. This looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFVNi8gUEy4

Offline faizoff

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 09:48:56 PM »
Did a marathon today and finished the entire show today. Been meaning to watch it for a long time now and the show is fantastic all round. Great writing, acting all round. Can't wait for season 2.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline faizoff

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 07:52:41 AM »
The only minor gripe I would say with the show is that I think the addition of Key and Peele uprooted the momentum somewhat. I think they're hilarious guys but their humor to me wasn't inline with the show's tone and kinda distracted things for me. But even then overall it was a fantastic season.
"Oh how am I doing?...eating so much pussy, I'm shitting clits, son!" - Jonah Ryan

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 08:28:14 AM »
Just started watching the first episode. I was looking for a good drama/thriller/crime show, a bit burned on action, zombies and fantasy and given I really enjoyed the movie this was the perfect pick. Love the setting, script, mood, characters although some characters felt like copies from the movie. Will definitely keep on watching!
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 12:02:09 PM »
Well that's just because of the setting. The first season is a real treat and the second is even better so far so I'd highly recommend to keep watching.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »
 :tup
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 08:19:57 AM »
Why aren't more people watching this? It's probably the best show on TV currently.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 09:16:54 AM »
I loved the first season, I only last night watched the first episode of 2nd season and it was just as awesome as previous episodes. I need to catch up on the rest.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 10:17:38 AM »
Yea i'm really enjoying the first season! I think i've watched 5 episodes so far.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »
First season done and 4 episodes in 2:nd season. I was a bit worried the second season would not hold up in standard compared to the first season but 4 episodes in and i'm equally captivated. Great stuff!

Offline faizoff

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2015, 07:22:30 PM »
Yea I've caught up with all the episodes for 2nd season and I love it just as much as the first season so far. It's different yet maintains the same vibe of the first season.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
Oh man this season keeps getting better, what a hoot of an episode was the sixth one.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 09:18:53 PM »
Why aren't more people watching this? It's probably the best show on TV currently.

The Americans would like to have a word with you, unless you want to invoke the technicality that it is between seasons.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 10:03:25 PM »
I've been meaning to check that out.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 07:06:45 PM »
This season is so good I want to have sex with it.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 01:08:48 PM »
Great episode! I just love seeing Ted Danson and Nick Offerman in a drama show. I'm so glad Fargo didn't turn out like True Detective with an amazing first season and a average 2nd season.

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2015, 05:23:38 AM »
I actually think season 2 is better than season 1, and I didn't think that was possible. Fast becoming my favorite show on television. Incredible casting, excellent story.
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline faizoff

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 12:18:36 PM »
Agreed on season 2 being better than the first one. That's not even remotely a knock on the first season but this season esp the last few episodes have been nothing short of some of the best drama I've seen on TV. I can't believe the amazing set of episodes the last three have been and there are 2 more left for the season to end. Phenomenal episode after episode. The acting has been brilliant.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 05:33:23 AM »
Another great episode. That ending!  :corn

Offline faizoff

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 05:55:01 AM »
OH Yah! this is my absolute favorite show now, amazing string of episodes. Can't wait for the finale!

Offline mike099

• do or do not; there is no try
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2015, 12:00:16 PM »
Another great episode. That ending!  :corn

Great episode.  I liked the narrative taken from the book in the beginning of the episode.  Since the UFO was seen early in the series, I was wondering if it would make another appearance.  I thought it might when I saw the photo of the store owner and his wife on the wall and the plague that mentioned UFO's. 
Quote from: Flying BIZKIT

Yeah, I hate when I visit the local circus and all they fucking play is Haken.

Offline MajorBoobage

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2015, 12:14:30 PM »
Starting this series today, im sure this will be great
It seems that they're entering an area of extreme hazard. A zone of some sort. A dangerous one.

Offline faizoff

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2015, 12:14:37 AM »
Very fitting finale, wrapped things up nicely with a warm farewell for season 2. Kirsten Dunst's character was so heart breaking. I was always annoyed with her acting in the spiderman movies but this in this show she blew it out the park. As did literally every single other actor. Even the ones who were there in just one episode or so they nailed their roles as well. I'm so glad I got into this show.
I'm very curious where and who will be in season 3. I'm very glad it got renewed and I'm very confident given the track record of the first two season that season three will be great as well.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
Yea that's one thing that I really like about this show, the fact that they use alot of actors that you wouldn't associate with drama or a show like this. Kirsten, Ted Danson, Offerman, Brad Garrett to name a few and of course all the other actors have been spot on. A pretty calm finale but still great. Do we know anything about S03? Feel like they definitely will continue with this story although maybe in another timeline.