Author Topic: "We hope to be back in Vancouver sometime early 2015" -JLB  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Milzinga

• DTF.org Alumni
"We hope to be back in Vancouver sometime early 2015" -JLB
« on: April 19, 2014, 12:41:40 AM »
This bodes well for a second NA leg. Especially for coming to the PNW. When I saw DT in Vancouver last Saturday he made mention they'll be coming back sometime early 2015 so this is good news for us in this area! :)

Offline billybobjoe1881

Re: "We hope to be back in Vancouver sometime early 2015" -JLB
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
That was great news.  I've only gotten into the band a few months ago, and this show blew my mind.  I definitely need to see them again.

Offline TL

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:35:47 AM »
Now I just need them to visit anywhere in Atlantic Canada ever.  :P

Offline RoeDent

• 2006 Time Magazine Person of the Year
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:33:16 PM »
If that's the case, then this is going to be an awfully long tour. How much rest time will they get between legs? Don't want them burning out now, do we?

Offline Milzinga

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »
If that's the case, then this is going to be an awfully long tour. How much rest time will they get between legs? Don't want them burning out now, do we?

Well at the end of this month they are taking a few months off until July when they play some shows in Europe again.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 12:41:50 AM »

Well at the end of this month they are taking a few months off until July when they play some shows in Europe again.

Which I bet will lead to some time off in the fall before touring Asia/Australia/South America (guesses) before some more time off then another NA leg. Pretty much standard DT touring.

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 02:07:45 AM »

I like your avatar!  I actually applied for a program to study Acadian history this summer.  I didn't get accepted though  >:(  Still taking a vacation out that way and studying various things as I go along.  I love Atlantic Canada!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 04:29:22 AM »
Anyone else realised it's probably about 18 months til the next album is most likely to come out ? :p

if they stick to their usual schedule of finishing the tour in around November and entering the studio in January.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 04:34:44 AM »
Anyone else realised it's probably about 18 months til the next album is most likely to come out ? :p
:|

Offline ?

• Apparently the best username
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Less=Moore, Even Less=Wilson
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 05:15:49 AM »
I have a feeling we won't get a new album until early 2016.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 05:16:30 AM »
I have a feeling we won't get a new album until early 2016.

omgz conceptz

Offline energythief

• Chubby Chaser
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 12:03:57 PM »
Cannot wait! Are there better venues, or is the QE the best for them? I enjoyed it, but it was very... sedate.

Offline Daso

• A cultivator of dread
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 12:11:57 PM »
I feel they won't release anything until early 2016 either but I have a feeling that it's going to be such an incredible album. I can wait for it, to be honest. They've been releasing, both as DT and on solo projects, a lot of stuff recently  :lol

Anyways, I think it's cool for them to go back to NA early 2015, because then they can visit some cities they didn't visit on this leg. At the same time, it could mean they will play some other songs they aren't playing right now and that they don't play on the second European leg. Perhaps another free official bootleg for 2015's Holidays?  :biggrin:

Offline devieira73

• Boldly go where no brazilian has gone before...
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 12:53:13 PM »
Maybe DT will enter in the " more tours less new albuns" mode, which is more interesting for the bands nowadays, for the financial side of things.
"one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." (RIP Neil Armstrong)

Offline TL

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

I like your avatar!  I actually applied for a program to study Acadian history this summer.  I didn't get accepted though  >:(  Still taking a vacation out that way and studying various things as I go along.  I love Atlantic Canada!
Thanks! That's really cool to hear (the interest that is, that's a bummer about not getting accepted). It is a great culture, and the history can be incredibly interesting. (Looking at that statement after typing it, really, that goes both for Acadian culture and the overall Atlantic Canadian culture).

Hope you enjoy your time out here. Are you planning on going to any particular part of the region?

Edit: Honestly, I get a bit excited when someone recognizes or mentions Acadian culture, let alone taking an interest in it. Do you have a particular connection to it? (Either way, it's always really great to see someone interested in it).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:20:28 PM by TL »

Offline Madman Shepherd

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 07:26:25 PM »

Thanks! That's really cool to hear (the interest that is, that's a bummer about not getting accepted). It is a great culture, and the history can be incredibly interesting. (Looking at that statement after typing it, really, that goes both for Acadian culture and the overall Atlantic Canadian culture).

Hope you enjoy your time out here. Are you planning on going to any particular part of the region?

Edit: Honestly, I get a bit excited when someone recognizes or mentions Acadian culture, let alone taking an interest in it. Do you have a particular connection to it? (Either way, it's always really great to see someone interested in it).

None except I have some french-canadian ancestry (which I know is very different than Acadian although a significant portion does have at least a trace of Acadian heritage).  I just love that region of northeast united states and atlantic canada.

Actually, I'm gonna PM you in a bit so as to not threadjack but I wanna talk more about this.  Gonna go on a walk first.   

Offline TL

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »

None except I have some french-canadian ancestry (which I know is very different than Acadian although a significant portion does have at least a trace of Acadian heritage).  I just love that region of northeast united states and atlantic canada.

Actually, I'm gonna PM you in a bit so as to not threadjack but I wanna talk more about this.  Gonna go on a walk first.
Sounds good. After this post I'll defer to that PM.
Yep, there are a bunch of different french-Canadian cultures, Acadian being one of them. An interest in the culture by anyone is always welcome. I'd be happy to talk more about it in that PM.