Author Topic: Hello from So. Cal.!  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Shawn

Hello from So. Cal.!
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Man, it took a long time for the mods to approve my account. I had written this place off. I got the approval email at 7 minutes into Illumination Theory. Is that a sign or what? Well, it's nice to be a part of this community. I'll see some of you guys/girls at the Orpheum Theater tomorrow night!!

Later,
Shawn

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Hello from So. Cal.!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 02:39:16 PM »
:welcome:

:tup
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
Hiya Shawn! Where abouts in Southern California are you from?
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:54:55 PM »
Whoa. Shawn. We are the same height... That is neat!

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:59:46 PM »
Yo Shawn!  Welcome to DTF  :metal  Where you at in SoCal?  I'm in Huntington Beach.  Here's a thread for the show tomorrow night at the Orpheum.  Some of us are gonna try to hook up before the show at the LA Brewing company.

https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?board=3.0

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
I'm in Anaheim at the moment. I wish I had money to go see the show  :-[

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 04:05:44 PM »
I'm up in Ventura County. I'll be in La Puente for the weekend.... but not going to be going to either show. :(
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 04:12:07 PM »
Sorry you guys aren't gonna make it...  :-\

Offline dparrott

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
I'm in Anaheim at the moment. I wish I had money to go see the show  :-[

Riverside area, and me too.
"I don't know nuttin about nuttin" - Marshawn Lynch

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 09:52:05 PM »
Mods have to approve accounts now? Damn, the spammers must've been getting bad. Anyhoo, welcome aboard.

This is where we put all the vapors and entities and slimers that we trap. Quite simple really. Load a trap here, open, unlock the system. Insert the trap, release, close, lock the system. Set your entry grid, neutralize your field and... the light is green, the trap is clean. The ghost is incarcerated here in our custom-made storage facility.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Shawn

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 11:49:22 PM »
I'm in Simi Valley. The LA brewing company sounds like a good idea. I'll be solo too, so meeting up with some DT fans sounds fun.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 04:10:19 AM »
Mods have to approve accounts now? Damn, the spammers must've been getting bad.
We've had to approve accounts for...well, as long as I've been a mod, so for at least 4 or 5 years.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:10 AM »
I'm in Simi Valley. The LA brewing company sounds like a good idea. I'll be solo too, so meeting up with some DT fans sounds fun.

SLIMEY VALLEY! LAND OF NO TOILETS!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline dparrott

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 03:32:53 PM »

It was land of pot heads when I lived there...ugh.

The very soul of what was once real music is now lost in a digital quagmire of emotionless sonic madness.

Offline Shawn

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 04:05:13 PM »

Oh no, we have plenty of toilets. Why do think Oxnard, "smells like crap"? It's because you're down stream from Simi Valley.

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »
:lol

its good have another 805 local on the forum :JayOctavarium:

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Shawn

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 06:11:50 PM »
:lol

its good have another 805 local on the forum :JayOctavarium:

Right on! You missed a great show!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 07:10:55 PM »
No I didn't.  My trip to La Puente was a front by my girl friend to surprise me w/ tickets and a M&G

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Shawn

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 10:31:43 PM »
No I didn't.  My trip to La Puente was a front by my girl friend to surprise me w/ tickets and a M&G

Right on! Are you that guy who almost hit my Mini Cooper on the way home? Lol!

Offline JayOctavarium

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 10:33:45 PM »
Was it a purple PT Cruiser? haha!

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline dparrott

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »
I'm so sick of 805, lived and worked here over 20 years.  I'd be back in 818 if I had my choice.

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 01:26:54 PM »
Welcome.  I, too, am from SoCal.  I'm somewhere around the Pomona area.  I could have checked out one of the DT shows in the SoCal area, but I had Easter-related things that I had to do.