Author Topic: Continuum TV Series - only 6 final episodes.  (Read 6488 times)

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
Re: Continuum TV Series - SPOILERS for those watching on SyFy
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »
I didnt even make it until the end if the first season. I stopped with three episodes to go. Had them in the DVR and there was nothing about that show that made me want to watch the last three.

There was great promise with the premise....but beginning with the acting, then the costume/make up design...and finally the writing....it was brutally bad.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2014, 08:44:07 AM »
I didnt even make it until the end if the first season. I stopped with three episodes to go. Had them in the DVR and there was nothing about that show that made me want to watch the last three.

There was great promise with the premise....but beginning with the acting, then the costume/make up design...and finally the writing....it was brutally bad.

You didn't miss anything. In the final episode of S1, the main dude dies, then gets resurrected by the main alien chick with some quasi-religious/spiritual crap. You know it's time to give up on a show when you're disappointed that the main character is brought back to life. :lol
I only stuck with it because I was desperately starved for scifi, but then I finally gave Continuum a try, and now Defiance isn't even worth wasting my time on. On the other hand, I've already watched most episodes of Continuum twice, and I only got into the show after S2 had already finished airing.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2014, 10:51:19 AM »

You didn't miss anything. In the final episode of S1, the main dude dies, then gets resurrected by the main alien chick with some quasi-religious/spiritual crap. You know it's time to give up on a show when you're disappointed that the main character is brought back to life. :lol
I only stuck with it because I was desperately starved for scifi, but then I finally gave Continuum a try, and now Defiance isn't even worth wasting my time on. On the other hand, I've already watched most episodes of Continuum twice, and I only got into the show after S2 had already finished airing.

Have you given 'Falling Skies' a chance? After a slow start I thought it picked up and has turned into a sci if show worth watching...for me. My brothers gave up on it but I've actually enjoyed it. I'd put it at better than Defiance but not as good as Continum.   :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »

Have you given 'Falling Skies' a chance? After a slow start I thought it picked up and has turned into a sci if show worth watching...for me. My brothers gave up on it but I've actually enjoyed it. I'd put it at better than Defiance but not as good as Continum.   :lol

I know of it, but I haven't checked it out. These days I tend to be a bit slack on checking out scifi, and wait until it's had a couple of seasons and some cred before committing to watching it. There are still quite a few other scifi shows I've yet to watch too.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 11:44:19 PM »
A great final, as expected.

I thought maybe they were going to drag out longer the question of which Alec had won, but I'm glad they didn't do that. A bit of a cliche as far as doubles go, and one the show didn't need.
The tenuous alliance between Kira and Liber8 was different and fun. With Liber8 taking over the Freelancer's HQ, it will be interesting to see how that all develops in the next season.

As soon as they mentioned that beacon, I knew that was going to be used as the cliffhanger of the episode, I just didn't know who or what was going to come through. I still don't know who or what the hell came through, but whoever those guys are, they're badass! :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 05:30:54 AM »
Blob, I agree with Gary about Falling Skies.  It is well done and I know my mission in life is to distract you so it comes King approved! :tup
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 05:32:45 AM »

I thought maybe they were going to drag out longer the question of which Alec had won, but I'm glad they didn't do that. A bit of a cliche as far as doubles go, and one the show didn't need.
The tenuous alliance between Kira and Liber8 was different and fun. With Liber8 taking over the Freelancer's HQ, it will be interesting to see how that all develops in the next season.

As soon as they mentioned that beacon, I knew that was going to be used as the cliffhanger of the episode, I just didn't know who or what was going to come through. I still don't know who or what the hell came through, but whoever those guys are, they're badass! :lol

Agreed on all accounts... and I'm glad they brought the final three Liber8 gang back together after a brief hiatus.  My prediction that Kellog is the master puppeteer is looking strong.  You know those dudes that came through are bad mofo's when Brad's response is "Run!"

And Alec's death was another pretty gory scene.  They're certainly pushing the limits of what Canadian cable companies would show in primetime.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 06:33:20 AM »
And Alec's death was another pretty gory scene.  They're certainly pushing the limits of what Canadian cable companies would show in primetime.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. Some grisly deaths the past couple of episodes! That blood just kept coming, didn't it? :lol

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »

Agreed. I was half expecting the show to end with an Alec that smiles to the camera, alone in his office, maybe hinting that this is in fact the other Alec, but I'm glad they skipped through all that. It would have been an easy and lazy way to end the season. And the roof top scene was surprisingly and pleasantly gory, hope they show more of that in the future since it's something that usually isn't in scifi - everything is kept so clean and shiny.

The "unholy alliance" was a lot of fun to watch, especially the part when they went to Lucas. He reacted the same way I did when I saw where it was going - i'm in, 100%!

A bit sad that Sonya had to go in the previous episode, I liked her both as an actress and character. Not to mention she's gorgeous to look at (a casual fan since Andromeda).

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:02 AM »
A bit sad that Sonya had to go in the previous episode, I liked her both as an actress and character. Not to mention she's gorgeous to look at (a casual fan since Andromeda).

Having killed her off, I was half expecting more time travel in the final episode to bring her back, but they pretty thoroughly shut down that idea by both destroying the reactor at Piron, and destroying the Freelancer's time machine. :lol
I'm sure they'll bring her back in some form somehow. After all, it's scifi! Maybe she can get some tips from her husband. :P

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:53 PM »
Oh, man, why you remind me of that, my heart still feels the lack of new SG1 episodes :lol

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2014, 08:28:45 AM »
That finally was the shiznit!  No matter what you do the timeline the players in this show seem to have not control of the outcome.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 04:59:54 AM by kingshmegland »
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
That finally was the shiznot!  No matter what you do the timeline the players in this show seem to have not control of the outcome.

Yeah, that finale was awesome. Like Blob and Abydos mentioned...I was waiting for the proverbial wink of an eye or grin from Alec to indicate that the 'bad' Alec had lived. I too am glad they chose to end the speculation before there was speculation. I was surprised they dethroned Alec so quickly though with Kellog taking the helm.....which would explain (I suppose) how the alternate future with him as 'king' is still in play and came about.

This show is so well written and thought out...I cannot wait until the next season. Hopefully it's not a long wait.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
  • What a hell of a day to embrace disorder
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2014, 09:08:52 AM »
I only stuck with it because I was desperately starved for scifi
Fringe. :getoffmylawn:

Forget that JJ had anything to do with it.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
Just caught up and finished season 3. What the hell was that ending? My god this show is awesome.

Although the only thing I do not get is why Kiera is basically hooking up with Amnesia Man (name is slipping at the moment).

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »
Just caught up and finished season 3. What the hell was that ending? My god this show is awesome.

Although the only thing I do not get is why Kiera is basically hooking up with Amnesia Man (name is slipping at the moment).

Bran Tonkin.  I think Kiera is starting to come to the conclusion that she doesn't want to get to the future that she remembers, and realizes that with every effort she makes to change it, either a) she won't get back, or b) there will be no husband/son waiting for her.

Everybody needs a little lovin. 
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2014, 09:57:36 AM »
Haha yeah I agree, but I was wondering if I missed something else :lol

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2014, 01:06:45 PM »

Bran Tonkin.  I think Kiera is starting to come to the conclusion that she doesn't want to get to the future that she remembers, and realizes that with every effort she makes to change it, either a) she won't get back, or b) there will be no husband/son waiting for her.

I think it's just the matter of they've both essentially lost thier husband/wife and kids....both experiencing the same type of "WTF" have I gotten myself into and is happening??!! and realize the only shot they have at a "normal" relationship would be with each other.

This show by far IMO has handled a time travel storyline better than any other show I've seen. Very well written and thought out....I hope it continues on in that way.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2014, 04:59:39 PM »

Damn straight.

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2014, 07:56:11 AM »
As of earlier this week:

Continuum Season 4: No News of Renewal or Cancellation, Canadian Series Gets Back Up Netflix and Rogers Media

Continuum Season 3 ended with a breathtaking finale. Now the fans are hanging high and dry with no official news of the Canadian series being slated for a new season.

Continuum is a Canadian sci-fi thriller created by Simon Barry. It is based on the year 2077 and revolves around a conflict between rebel groups. The rebels time travel to the Vancouver of 2012. They time travel in an attempt to stop the governments in the future from being replaced by corporations.

While the rebels time travel, they are accidentally accompanied by a police officer – played by Rachel Nichols. The show follows how Nichols tries to stop the rebels from acts of dissent, and taking precautions to stop others from realising that they are from the future.

In an interview in May this year, creator Simon Barry had spoken about plans to continue Continuum for at least seven to ten seasons. The story they have at hand is not going to end with three seasons. This got the fans all excited. Rachel Nichols, the lead actress of Continuum, further revealed that Continuum Season 4 is going to explore a different side of Kiera.

Executive producers had revealed that news regarding Continuum Season 4 will be announced by Shaw Media, the production company, by August. However, no news of a renewal or cancellation has been announced till date.

Canadian media had reported that the talks for Continuum Season 4 have halted because of financial problems, although, we have no official word on this yet. The science fiction series has an interesting plot with well crafted characters. Fans of Sci-Fi series like Lost and Battlestar Galactica would like Continuum. When Syfy started airing the series in the United States back in 2013, it picked up a huge fan following.

Cancellation of Continuum Season 4 would massively disappoint the regular viewers, but it could be done based on low ratings. There has been a huge fall in viewership rating from Continuum season two to season three with Syfy registering a 30% drop in views.

Syfy doesn’t have the financial base to push the series on its own. If Showcase doesn’t support Continuum Season 4, it will not be heading off the table. Syfy Studio executive Ted A’Zary said that they could only acquire the viewing rights for the US while someone goes ahead and creates the show.

When Netflix is teaming up with Rogers Media to support a new Canadian series called ‘Between,’ fans of Continuum are hoping and praying that some media leader backs Continuum Season 4 and gets the ball rolling for them.

No news is no news.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2014, 08:17:32 AM »
I've been wondering when this would come back on....I thought that it was confirmed for a 4th Season?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2014, 08:18:57 AM »
Nope, they've been lingering for months now on renewal. They said they were going to have information by early August, but that never eventuated. I just assume at this point that it's died a silent death.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2014, 08:20:26 AM »
That's a bummer because this is the best 'time travel' show (I've never watched Dr. Who so...sorry) going. They do a great job writing this and the story remains compelling. Plus, Kiera is hot which doesn't hurt.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 08:23:46 AM »
I only just got into it before S3, and it is (or was?) perhaps my favourite show currently on TV, and I think it's the best time travel show in a long time (I love Doctor Who too, but that's an entirely different animal, and doesn't try to hold itself to the strict internal consistency of Continuum's time travel).

And also yes, Kiera is hot. That's just a bonus.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2014, 12:14:31 PM »
S2 Blob is when you got hooked.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »
It was just after S2 had finished that I got into it, but long enough before S3 that I ended up watching the whole series twice before S3 started.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2014, 07:38:42 PM »
Yup.  Exactly.   

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2014, 08:37:59 PM »
Renewed for a final season of 6 episodes. I'm bummed that it's only a token final season, but I'm glad they'll at least get to give the show a conclusive ending rather than a cliffhanger.

https://www.shawmedia.ca/Media/PressReleaseDetail.aspx?pressReleaseId=6442460551

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »
Sucks that it will end, but glad it will get a proper ending. I think they could do a lot with just six episodes.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »
They could do a lot, but I assume with the setup from the cliffhanger that they had at least a full season arc in mind, and I know Simon Barry had a plan for at least 7 seasons. So I'll always feel like we're missing out on what could have been, because it was such a well planned show from the start.
Hopefully they can pack a lot of awesomeness into these 6 episodes without it feeling overly rushed or incomplete.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 09:02:08 PM by BlobVanDam »

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2014, 09:01:19 PM »
They could do a lot, but I assume with the setup from the cliffhanger that they had at least a full season arc in mind, and I know John Barry had a plan for at least 7 seasons. So I'll always feel like we're missing out on what could have been, because it was such a well planned show from the start.
Hopefully they can pack a lot of awesomeness into these 6 episodes without it feeling overly rushed or incomplete.

Came in here to post just this.  Except that it's Simon Barry.

Although, I have reservations about how I feel.  All shows that are given a token 'final' season with not a full complement of episodes - Fringe and Jericho come to mind.  Sure, it's nice to get the creator's view on how things should wrap up, and remove the cliffhanger, but (as you said Blob), Barry always had 7 seasons in mind.

Disappointed, and only marginally less so than if it was outright cancelled.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
:lol Oops. I knew it was Simon. I've been cranking too many Bond soundtracks this week, which is why I had that name on the mind.

Token final seasons are a bit disappointing, but as I was expecting it to be outright canceled anyway at this point, I'm still excited to get something. If anyone can do it right, I think Simon Barry could.
It's a shame SyFy already said a while ago they wouldn't pick it up if it got canceled. They could actually produce some good scifi for a change. They saved Stargate SG-1 after S5, but that was a different time.

Offline Bolsters

• Lost Boy
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »
Unfortunately, SyFy would rather produce boring stuff like Defiance, and cheesy TV movies. ::)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2014, 09:35:07 PM »
Yeah, and that's when they even do scifi at all. Like many networks, they don't do a whole lot for their namesake any more.
I was happy at first that they decided to guarantee Defiance 2 seasons, but after giving it an entire season to grab me, the show was just dull and uninspired, so I haven't watched it since.

I think Continuum is the best scifi show in a long time, so it's a shame that something of that caliber gets 3 and a half seasons, while the empty crap gets to last much longer.

Online Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2014, 03:30:37 AM »
This is sad, just yesterday I was wondering when this show was gonna come back. Those 6 episodes better be freaking awesome.
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants.