Author Topic: Continuum TV Series - only 6 final episodes.  (Read 6511 times)

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Continuum TV Series - only 6 final episodes.
« on: April 13, 2014, 04:16:51 PM »
Off the bat... I'm quoting something from the general TV thread that has IMMEDIATE SPOILERS for those of you watching on SyFY... so don't read on if you don't want to know.  Sorry boys, but blame Canada.

Caught up on Continuum. I loved that they made Alec meet himself. Awesome stuff.

Spoiler alert for those watching on SyFy in real time, as you're what ... 2 or 3 episodes behind the rest of us.

Yeah, that was awesome.  I like how they've settled in with this timeline, but not sure why they (at least for the moment) have abandoned the hunt for Kira's killer.  I also like they divergence they're putting between Carlos' and Kira's morals.

Now that Alec has met himself, I think things will get more interesting with Kira's part with this timeline's Alec. So far she's kind of been going through the motions with him. I also like how Alec inheriting Piron will diverge the Alecs further in the two different directions the future could potentially go.
And the Freelancers are the ones supposedly finding Kira's killer, and I'm sure the reveal will probably be a big point in the season arc a little later.

Mrs. Jingle thinks Kira killed herself.  I'm going with the police chief.

As for the two Alec's... I think that the 'current' Alec is the one that grows into the 2077 (X Files, Cancer Man) Alec.  He becomes 'corporatized', and that's why Cancer Man Alec sends everyone back to change/fix things that he regrets.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:17:17 PM by jingle.boy »
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Continuum TV Series - SPOILERS for those watching on SyFy
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 08:59:08 PM »
I doubt Kira did it, although it's possible. She's a straight shooter, and she seemed pretty sincere about the situation, so I discounted it early. Still, that would make a good plot twist for a future reveal, and she's capable of it.
She didn't get killed in the original timeline, so the change needs to be linked to Alec's/Kira's arrival in the past. There weren't a lot of people affected by the changes at that point. That certainly puts Kira high on the shortlist.

I'm placing my bets on original timeline (non corporate) Alec to live at this point, because he's the one we're attached to. Then again, that would be a great reason to kill him off.

I think I should give up trying to predict this show. :lol
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 09:08:28 PM »
:lol this show is pretty hard to predict and that's something I am loving about it. And the twists are not wacky.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
:lol this show is pretty hard to predict and that's something I am loving about it. And the twists are not wacky.

They never throw in twists randomly just to throw you off. When something is revealed, you can look back and see it all clearly. That's why I enjoy re-watching the show so much.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 09:18:43 PM »
Yeah I am definitely rewatching this summer with time off!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 11:21:44 PM »
Another good episode tonight. Everything is out in the open concerning the two Alecs, and the fallout is already becoming very interesting. Kira appears to be losing both Alecs at this stage.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:26:57 PM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:11:03 PM by Nekov »
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »
I'm not buying Kira shooting herself. I could see the freelancers doing it in order to prevent some mayor fuck up like the 2 Alecs meeting. Regarding which Alec will remain, the corporatized version seems the one most likely to be the one to survive however his heartbreak with Emily seems to have turned him into a more cold hearted person however if I recall correctly the Alec from the future sent a message in Kira's CMR telling young Alec that he should do something to avoid going in the same direction which seems to be what the Alec from the other timeline is doing.

If the Freelancers off'd Kira so there wasn't two of the, why haven't they off'd Alec?  I guess because of the comment by the 'head' Freelancer that Kira had to figure out which Alec to get rid of in order to preserve her future.

Here's a mind fuck... what if we find out there are still 2 Alec's in 2077?  That'd be a good twist.
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 04:44:42 PM »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 09:36:06 PM »
I'm not buying Kira shooting herself. I could see the freelancers doing it in order to prevent some mayor fuck up like the 2 Alecs meeting. Regarding which Alec will remain, the corporatized version seems the one most likely to be the one to survive however his heartbreak with Emily seems to have turned him into a more cold hearted person however if I recall correctly the Alec from the future sent a message in Kira's CMR telling young Alec that he should do something to avoid going in the same direction which seems to be what the Alec from the other timeline is doing.

If the Freelancers off'd Kira so there wasn't two of the, why haven't they off'd Alec?  I guess because of the comment by the 'head' Freelancer that Kira had to figure out which Alec to get rid of in order to preserve her future.

Here's a mind fuck... what if we find out there are still 2 Alec's in 2077?  That'd be a good twist.

That would be awesome, although I don't know that they'd ever be able to show it, except for if they physically go back to 2077. Some people are confused enough by the time travel without throwing in future flashbacks and potential future flash forwards. :lol
They've been showing a bit less on the future scenes this season, mostly just a scene at the start and end to tie in to the story. I hope there's still more backstory to tell there with future Alec.

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 06:20:57 PM »
No episode tonight because of Easter...?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
A lot of shit went down in the new episode! Things just got (more) interesting.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
I could see the freelancers doing it

I'm quoting myself because it feels good to be a clairvoyant

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 04:56:21 AM »
^ You so smart! 

Though I don't see what the big deal is with Curtis knocking her off on his own, I mean... she has to get rid of one of the Alec's because there can't be two, so why isn't it the same with her?  Why would the Freelancers allow there to be two of Kiera? 

Haven't watched last night's episode yet. 

Also, I'm still betting there are two Alec's in 2077.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 07:20:20 AM »
^ You so smart! 

Though I don't see what the big deal is with Curtis knocking her off on his own, I mean... she has to get rid of one of the Alec's because there can't be two, so why isn't it the same with her?  Why would the Freelancers allow there to be two of Kiera? 

I won't spoil the new episode for you, but Curtis' story clearly isn't done yet, so I'm sure we'll learn more about his motivations soon.

New episode was interesting, as 95% of it only took place in the future flashback, so it seems like it was more about setting up the next episodes.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 07:33:16 PM »
Yep, that episode was pretty interesting.

Jingle, I'm with you on this one, there are some signs that there are 2 different Alec's in the future and we've been seeing them all the time.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »
So, I'm a few episodes behind from all my travel in April/May.  Just watched the episode where some guy shows up with a severe case of amnesia, but is clearly from the future.

With all the twists and turns going on, it's hard to remember where we've even been. For instance, when Carlos showed Alec the dead Kiera, I had to think for a moment 'was this the current Kiera, the old Kiera?'.  Did when Curtis and Kiera encountered each other, I couldn't remember if Curtis knew there was still another (alive) Kiera.  It's really difficult to keep up if you're not watching the shows on a regular basis.

They're really playing the future up that the law and order is really corrupt and oppressive, and Kiera is starting to question which is the 'good' side.

This show really keeps you on your toes.  Damn I love this series.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 08:28:37 AM »
So, I'm a few episodes behind from all my travel in April/May.  Just watched the episode where some guy shows up with a severe case of amnesia, but is clearly from the future.

With all the twists and turns going on, it's hard to remember where we've even been. For instance, when Carlos showed Alec the dead Kiera, I had to think for a moment 'was this the current Kiera, the old Kiera?'.  Did when Curtis and Kiera encountered each other, I couldn't remember if Curtis knew there was still another (alive) Kiera.  It's really difficult to keep up if you're not watching the shows on a regular basis.

They're really playing the future up that the law and order is really corrupt and oppressive, and Kiera is starting to question which is the 'good' side.

This show really keeps you on your toes.  Damn I love this series.

I'm 'caught up' on the American SyFy's schedule....but I'll agree, this series is awesome. It's well written for a time travel show and it just keeps getting more interesting show by show.

I like how Kiera is now questioning the authority that she worked for in the future and I dig the (2) Alecs and the potential for the show to use them both at any given moment, despite (for the time being) time travel Alec being locked up.
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 08:29:28 AM »
The most recent episode is a doozy. There's quite a brutal death scene in there, and another death you wouldn't expect. And now the time travelling Alec Sadler is back in play, and a new important character is introduced for the freelancers.

I can't wait for the season final. I'll probably rewatch the whole season after the last episode to get a better hang of what's happened.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 08:31:02 AM »
The only thing I'm kinda disappointed in is that they (so far this season) have completely abandoned Kiera's desire to get back home.  That was the total arch of Season 2, yet it hasn't come up at all.  And time-travel Alec knows where he hid the sphere.

She's also got a pretty decent apartment.  Who's paying her anyway?  Kellog?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 08:34:24 AM »
The only thing I'm kinda disappointed in is that they (so far this season) have completely abandoned Kiera's desire to get back home.  That was the total arch of Season 2, yet it hasn't come up at all.  And time-travel Alec knows where he hid the sphere.

In the episode with the built-in therapist, she accepted that she might not get home, and this season they've focused more on her struggle with either preserving the future as it was, or creating a better future. I like that things are getting murkier concerning every character's alliances and motivations. Getting back to her kid/family is also addressed in a conversation she has with the future guy you mentioned. Not sure if you're up to that yet.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »

In the episode with the built-in therapist, she accepted that she might not get home, and this season they've focused more on her struggle with either preserving the future as it was, or creating a better future. I like that things are getting murkier concerning every character's alliances and motivations. Getting back to her kid/family is also addressed in a conversation she has with the future guy you mentioned. Not sure if you're up to that yet.

I remember that part, but right up until Season 2 finale, it was still her top priority.  You're spot on with the 2nd part of that sentence though, and I can appreciate that about her character.  As for the last comment... nope, not there yet.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 09:52:14 AM »

I remember that part, but right up until Season 2 finale, it was still her top priority.  You're spot on with the 2nd part of that sentence though, and I can appreciate that about her character.  As for the last comment... nope, not there yet.

I think the S3 opener with the freelancers changed her priorities, once it was all laid out, and she better understood how the time travel worked. She had to be sure that she'd preserved "her" future before risking returning.
Then over the course of the season, she's starting to see the seeds of the future she came from, and realize it's not all it's cracked up to be, with the changes to the police department, the growing power of the big businesses, and Alec's changing attitudes after inheriting Piron from his father.

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 09:58:46 AM »
I think the S3 opener with the freelancers changed her priorities, once it was all laid out, and she better understood how the time travel worked. She had to be sure that she'd preserved "her" future before risking returning.

RIGHT!  Kinda forgot about that.  Like I said, there's so many twists, there are some elements I'm forgetting as we proceed.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
So I'm up to the last episode which will air Friday.  Love to see all the faction realize how futile all their work has been and how it's changed the timelines all ready.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 10:08:30 AM »

RIGHT!  Kinda forgot about that.  Like I said, there's so many twists, there are some elements I'm forgetting as we proceed.

Likewise. I'm often thinking to myself "wait, does this guy know this bit of information yet or not?", and little details like that with how things are intertwined.
That's why at the start of the season I made a point of watching every episode twice before the next one aired (probably why I remember that season opener pretty clearly). I stopped doing that about halfway, but I'm going to rewatch them all again some time before S4. The recaps at the start of the episode aren't always enough for this show!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
The recaps at the start of the episode aren't always enough for this show!

Tru dat!

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2014, 09:20:18 PM »
Just watched the last two episodes to get completely caught up, so just the finale to go.  Holy schnike were those two incredible episodes.  Just when I though that it couldn't get better with the scene where all of them realize the futility of trying to change the future, that last episode sure did change things for the Freelancers.  :lol

And the ending scene with the sun behind Kellog is starting to have me believe he (from multiple time branches) is the one manipulating everything.

I might re-watch the whole season again too.  This has been awesome.

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »
I agree what a season it has been.  So I caught up to you jerks finally. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 07:22:16 AM »
That last episode blew my mind. They keep introducing amazing stuff and turning the story all around. This is surely one of my favorite shows

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2014, 07:39:29 AM »
Season finale for us tomorrow night.  Man they run these seasons quick.  Hope they pick it up again in the fall, rather than making us wait until 2015.  Supposedly, Simon Barry has 7-10 seasons in mind to tell the full Continuum story.  Rachel Nichols has confirmed there are already story plans for Season 4, despite the fact Showcase hasn't confirmed a renewal.  I'll go ape-shit if it gets cancelled.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »
Season finale for us tomorrow night.  Man they run these seasons quick.  Hope they pick it up again in the fall, rather than making us wait until 2015.  Supposedly, Simon Barry has 7-10 seasons in mind to tell the full Continuum story.  Rachel Nichols has confirmed there are already story plans for Season 4, despite the fact Showcase hasn't confirmed a renewal.  I'll go ape-shit if it gets cancelled.

The show is obviously well plotted out, so I hope they get a chance to tell the story fully how they want to, instead of having to rush a conclusion in a few episodes, or even worse, not get a chance to finish it off at all.
Most scifi shows don't last very long these days, so I hope it doesn't get canceled any time soon. It definitely deserves to keep going. It's the best scifi on TV right now.

Online gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »

The show is obviously well plotted out, so I hope they get a chance to tell the story fully how they want to, instead of having to rush a conclusion in a few episodes, or even worse, not get a chance to finish it off at all.
Most scifi shows don't last very long these days, so I hope it doesn't get canceled any time soon. It definitely deserves to keep going. It's the best scifi on TV right now.

It'd be a shame if they cancelled this especially sense they wasted money on that dreadfully horrid series 'Defiance'...some May like it but I think it's a waste of an time and money.

Continum gives them a chance to showcase technology (theoretical or real) and make political statements without getting all political.

I can't wait to watch the finale...this season has been awesome!
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2014, 08:17:58 AM »
It'd be a shame if they cancelled this especially sense they wasted money on that dreadfully horrid series 'Defiance'...some May like it but I think it's a waste of an time and money.

Continum gives them a chance to showcase technology (theoretical or real) and make political statements without getting all political.

I can't wait to watch the finale...this season has been awesome!

Great point Gary.  I didn't realize that Defiance sucked that much wind.  The commercials make it seem intriguing enough... and being from St. Lou, I figured it'd be right up your alley.  :lol

Ala Jericho?  It suffered BOTH fates... cancelled after a great cliffhanger, then an online uproar brought it back for 8 VERY rushed episodes to bring it to some sort of closure.  Terrible way conclude a fantastic (single season) series.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2014, 08:22:23 AM »

Exactly the kinds of things that good science fiction often does, and it does it all very well.

I gave Defiance a fair chance and watched the entire first season, but I'm not bothering with the second season. That show is everything that is wrong with modern scifi. Heartless, unoriginal, watered down, mediocre crap, that's nothing but a weak drama thinly disguised as scifi.
I'm glad that SyFy showed some dedication to backing scifi for a change, but they've backed the wrong horse with that one. Very disappointing given the hype.