Author Topic: Keyboard Band Cover - Pull Me Under  (Read 1144 times)

Offline mazegeek999

Keyboard Band Cover - Pull Me Under
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:29:56 AM »
Hi, I made an arrangement of Pull Me Under in which all of the different instruments are played on the keyboard. So there are like 6 keyboards going at once. Here it is if you want to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mgKRh0Gh7s

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Keyboard Band Cover - Pull Me Under
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:51:40 AM »
Very nice! The keyboard and guitar leads were great, and dat drum fill near the end! :metal I quite like the drum sound on that keyboard. Did you quantize it, or was that recorded direct?
There was an incorrect note in the pre-chorus(?) melody. I think you used a major 3rd instead of minor 3rd or something like that. Very minor (no pun intended) complaint though!

My suggestion would be to utilize the pitch bender more for vibrato to add more expressiveness, especially when emulating those guitar parts. Keep it up. :tup
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline krands85

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 05:08:19 AM »
 :metal That's great, very nice job  :tup Must have taken a lot of time and effort to get that right! Really cool way to hear the song :D
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline Nefarius

• Named Nefarius since before it was cool.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »
Great stuff, immediately started singing at 2:02.
At work.
Loudly.

:biggrin:

Greetings...
Nef

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:22:42 PM »
bad ass!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline Bertielee

• RIP, Dad (1935-2017)
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 12:22:00 PM »
It's really good! And for a 15 year-old dude, it's impressive even! Keep up the good work!

B.Lee
"Life is divided into two sets of people : people who have lost and people who haven't yet." George Michael

Offline Rattlehead

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 09:08:32 AM »
This is awesome  :metal Well done.