Poll

What is your favourite DT track from this pool of tracks which most users hate?

Lie
15 (9.8%)
Lifting Shadow Off A Dream
28 (18.3%)
New Millennium
21 (13.7%)
You Not Me
5 (3.3%)
Burning My Soul
2 (1.3%)
Just Let Me Breathe
3 (2%)
Through Her Eyes
5 (3.3%)
The Answer Lies Within
6 (3.9%)
I Walk Beside You
9 (5.9%)
Never Enough
5 (3.3%)
Constant Motion
10 (6.5%)
Prophets Of War
4 (2.6%)
A Rite Of Passage
4 (2.6%)
The Best Of Times
22 (14.4%)
Build Me Up, Break Me Down
1 (0.7%)
Enigma Machine
10 (6.5%)
Raw Dog
3 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Voting closed: June 11, 2014, 10:23:17 PM

Author Topic: Favourite DT track that everyone else seems to hate  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Favourite DT track that everyone else seems to hate
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2014, 04:15:17 AM »
They wrote the song, why on earth would DT hate Raw Dog all of a sudden?
Hate is a strong word, but similarly, you can't assume that they like all their songs just because they wrote it. JP was pretty critical regarding WDADU in a recent interview for example but they still feature the album live quite often.

When I was in a band - we had songs we didn't enjoy playing just to fill up the set list.

Offline Rodni Demental

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2014, 10:45:20 PM »
They wrote the song, why on earth would DT hate Raw Dog all of a sudden?
Hate is a strong word, but similarly, you can't assume that they like all their songs just because they wrote it. JP was pretty critical regarding WDADU in a recent interview for example but they still feature the album live quite often.

It's not really something I've thought about yet, but it does feel like they're not acknowledging it or that they've dismissed it with all the comments about 'first DT instrumental in 10 years!' by lots of people, including members of the band.

That being said, I think that there would be just enough people in a DT audience to get pretty excited if the Raw Dog Riff kicked in, which might cause a ripple effect in the audience as heavy riffs normally get the crowd goin pretty nuts anyway. They mightent even need to play the whole song, just abridge it in some way or perhaps reference it somewhat like how Liquid Tension material has been referenced in certain songs or solo spots in the past. Maybe a section for it in some sort of instrumedley? Dam it JP why you no like medleys, haha.   :\

Offline James Sucellus

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 08:49:53 PM »
Lifting Shadows Off A Dream is mesmerising. Easily my favourite from that list, although there are a fair few good songs there. Through Her Eyes is the perfect song for that specific part of Scenes From a Memory, and a nice change of pace.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2014, 05:19:05 AM »
I think that there would be just enough people in a DT audience to get pretty excited if the Raw Dog Riff kicked in
I don't.  Not even close.  Probably only a handful in any given venue would recognize it, and 3/4 of them would take a bathroom break.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Polarbear

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 07:38:57 AM »
Lifting Shadows easily! AROP rocks as well.