Author Topic: Can someone help identify what company/model this bass guitar is?  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
I'm just starting playing the bass guitar, along with my dad, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with bass guitars in comparison to their six-string counterparts. While I doubt I'd get one of these for quite awhile, I've been interested in figuring out what kind of bass guitar Skott Carino used in his brief stint in Death during the Human era (he played some additional bass parts on "Cosmic Sea," was featured in the music video for "Lack of Comprehension" and acted as the touring bassist for the Inhuman Tour). It looks positively gorgeous. :hat

As I said, I'm not very familiar with bass guitars and I can't tell what company made the instrument. Is it a Conklin? Warwick? Any help here would be greatly appreciated, both as a newbie bassist wanting to know more about the world of basses and as a die-hard Death fan. :tup :metal
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline carl320

• The Knight of Cups
  • EZBoard Elder
Re: Can someone help identify what company/model this bass guitar is?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:14:45 PM »
It appears to be a Carvin 6 string.
In high school my buddies and I built a Van Der Graaf generator.  You know, to get girls.

Offline Mister Gold

• The Makers of Our Own Destiny
  • Human
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
It appears to be a Carvin 6 string.

It's actually a five string (the logo is what you mistook for the the sixth tuner), but yeah, after looking up Carvin's bass guitars, it's definitely a Carvin bass! Sweet! :hat Thanks man! :tup
Beyond the limits of the mortal frame
To the farthest boundary of eternity
Where I, the Cosmic Sea
Watch the little ego floating in me.

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:19:24 AM »
They beat me to it. But to add reassurance, yes it is absolutely a Carvin.
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios