Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203644 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1645 on: November 09, 2016, 03:14:13 AM »
Are we forgetting about Wrestlemania X? :neverusethis:
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1646 on: November 09, 2016, 03:14:24 AM »
I fell asleep in my living room and briefly woke up to "Ready to Rumble." I was in an out, so I randomly saw scenes of Oliver Platt, Goldberg, David Arquette, and genuinely had no idea what the hell was going on.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1647 on: November 09, 2016, 03:17:01 AM »
Oh god, I remember seeing that movie when it came out on video, and it was awful even at the time.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1648 on: November 09, 2016, 01:52:10 PM »
Oh god, I remember seeing that movie when it came out on video, and it was awful even at the time.

David Arquette winning the WCW championship really was the final nail on the coffin for the company.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1649 on: November 09, 2016, 01:56:26 PM »

David Arquette winning the WCW championship really was the final nail on the coffin for the company.

Heck, even David Arquette, as a wrestling fan, know that a wrong move to make and donated whatever money he made in WCW to help out Owen Hart's family, Brian Pillman's family, Droz as well?  Now Vince Russo winning the championship.......  That just made no sense at all.  I still don't know how to justify Vince McMahon winning the WWF Championship in 1999 as well.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1650 on: November 09, 2016, 02:01:30 PM »
Yeah, Russo winning the title was another brilliant idea lol.

Watching WCW from 1999-2001 was just a head scratcher and just terrible for the most part.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1651 on: November 20, 2016, 11:53:54 PM »
So I really enjoyed watching Lesnar get utterly humiliated on live tv.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1652 on: November 21, 2016, 02:08:23 AM »
I did not see that coming at all

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1653 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:26 AM »
My knee jerk reaction was feeling a little short changed, but then I started thinking about that wrestlemania match between them which was a snooze fest and then re-think, maybe this was a better option.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1654 on: November 21, 2016, 05:10:33 AM »
THAT WAS THE MOST FUCKING RETARDEDLY STUPID THING EVER.

Fuck WWE, seriously fuck them. You've just thrown away two years of building up a monster and made Lesnar look like a fucking bitch, along with everyone Lesnar has beaten. You brought back an injured old man who hasn't wrestled in a decade to squash the guy who squashed THE UNDERTAKER, ORTON, and JOHN CENA. I knew it was going to be screwy shit when the PPV only had a couple of minutes left, but I cannot believe they have done something so completely thoughtless and stupid as job out Lesnar to a washed up nostalgia act. This is the guy who took two AA's in a row and brushed it off. The guy who took countless superman punches in a row and just laughed. This is the guy who recently won a legitimate UFC heavyweight fight. I've never been more angry about anything I've seen in WWE.

And I already thought it was pathetic that Shane McMahon was in the Survivor Series match as one of the 5 best choices from the entire show of Smackdown, and again was booked to look competitive. But that ending was just the giant turd on the cake.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 05:27:17 AM by BlobVanDam »

Online ozzy554

« Reply #1655 on: November 21, 2016, 07:19:15 AM »
Well Goldberg signed on for more matches,so it looks like Lesnar will be getting his win back in the future.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1656 on: November 21, 2016, 07:20:12 AM »
The damage is already done.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1657 on: November 21, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »
Where is David Arquette when you need him?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online ozzy554

« Reply #1658 on: November 21, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »
Honestly the ending is growing on me. I don't think it really hurts lesnar at all.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1659 on: November 21, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
From what I've heard so far, the ending was changed to what we saw only after Goldberg agreed to work more dates beyond Survivor Series (Royal Rumble and presumably Wrestlemania as well). I think they could take this in an interesting direction for Brock where Heyman basically claims that they didn't think Goldberg had anything left in the tank and he won't sneak up on them again. Goldberg declines a rematch, saying he's beaten Lesnar twice now. Goldberg enters the Royal Rumble and Lesnar shows up and rage-murders a bunch of people to get at Goldberg and get him eliminated from the Rumble. Lesnar then takes down Goldberg at Wrestlemania.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1660 on: November 21, 2016, 10:57:46 AM »
It just seems like WWE put themselves in a tough spot no matter how they try and redeem Lesner from this one.  Unless there was some injuries, I just don't understand how they couldn't have had a brutal fight last night where Goldberg still wins in the end.  Then they can have Lesner get his revenge any way they wanted from that point on.  But to have Lesner job in 90 seconds just takes away the Beast mentality that they have worked so long for him.  I really can't wrap my head around the booking decision on this one.  But I'm interested to see what happens on Raw.  So at the very least, they are getting people talking and tuning into Raw.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1661 on: November 21, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »
To be fair, about 95% of all of Goldberg's matches went exactly like that.  He may not know how to do anything else.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline NunoTenniscourt

• President of my uncle's Anti-Nepotism Organization
« Reply #1662 on: November 21, 2016, 08:07:57 PM »
I can't believe people still watch wrestling with the expectation of it "making sense". That has never been their purpose.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1663 on: November 21, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
I can't believe people still watch wrestling with the expectation of it "making sense". That has never been their purpose.

I don't have high expectations from WWE at all these days, but they still manage to constantly disappoint and hit new lows.
Meanwhile Lucha Underground has managed 3 seasons of logical booking, and I can't think of a single decision they've made in that entire run that I've questioned. No screwy finishes, people don't get jobbed out, nobody is forgotten.
Sure, they don't have as much television to fill as WWE, but it shouldn't be this hard to achieve some level of common sense.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1664 on: December 04, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »
A decent show tonight with Bray Wyatt finally winning a championship, a surprise title change with Alexa Bliss going over Becky Lynch, and James Ellsworth turning on Dean Ambrose allowing AJ Styles to retain the world title.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1665 on: December 05, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
I would say it was decent too.  Main event was good with an interesting ending.

Maybe AJ Styles vs Undertaker at the Rumble?

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1666 on: December 05, 2016, 09:22:53 PM »
Maybe AJ Styles vs Undertaker at the Rumble?

One can dream. Then Cena at WM. That would be perfect to me.

TLC was ok overall, pretty consistent. The title match obviously stole the show, but they've already way overused Ellsworth, and that didn't make much sense at all. It was funny how they tried to keep the camera off Styles' ass after he tore his pants. :lol
That was the first time I've seen Alexa Bliss in a proper match, and she was alright. Good finish to the match.
I hope the Wyatts use Freebird rules so Harper is involved, because he's the only one I care about and think is good.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1667 on: December 05, 2016, 09:46:14 PM »
As happy as I am that women's wrestling is getting so much attention in WWE right now, I really wish Charlotte would take an acting lesson or two. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1668 on: December 14, 2016, 08:47:40 AM »
I have to say, I really enjoyed Raw this week. Both triple threat tag matches (especially the main event) were great, and Jack Gallagher coming out and announcing his intentions to interfere in a match ahead of time was gold. Stephanie getting hosed down in champagne certainly doesn't hurt either :hat Only thing that really fell flat for me was the Lana/Rusev/Cass segment.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1669 on: December 18, 2016, 07:28:04 PM »
Neville just attacked TJ Perkins and Rich Swann!!! He's joining the cruiserweight division!!!

-MirrorMask

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1670 on: December 18, 2016, 08:15:51 PM »
As far as the women's championship goes, apparently WWE forgot that it's called a title reign. Why won't they let Sasha have a long run with the title? The crowd loves her and she's amazing.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:27:05 PM by TheCountOfNYC »

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1671 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:32 AM »
I thought it was a great show overall, the two main events were very good. I enjoyed the swerve with the best friends, I'm glad it will continue on and they aren't going to rush a match out of them yet

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #1672 on: December 20, 2016, 06:27:06 AM »
Wow, Linda Mcmahon got picked to be a part of Trumps cabinet

I'm still holding out for Trump to be on the Wrestemania card this year.

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1674 on: January 05, 2017, 06:48:47 PM »
That's nothing. I'm confident Ric could lift 750lbs

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1675 on: January 05, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »
He was probably promised a free keg of beer if he could deadlift that much weight. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1676 on: January 06, 2017, 02:39:00 AM »
It's probably a work. :lol

Spent all day watching Wrestle Kingdom, all 5 hours of it in one sitting. As usual, a really solid show, and a much easier watch than WM. Not my favourite WK overall, but damn that closing title match is probably the best individual match I've seen in NJPW. 46 minutes long, and it didn't drag one bit. It just kept getting better.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1677 on: January 06, 2017, 04:19:02 AM »
Kenny Omega is an unreal performer.  He is actually from my hometown and still shows up every few months for a bar wrestling show.  Even for these small shows, where there are 40 people, he still puts in a great performance and is head and shoulders above every one else.

I've watched him from when he first began and he just gets better and better.  Its a shame that he doesn't appear to be interested in going to WWE because he would be a perfect fit for NXT.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1678 on: January 06, 2017, 04:27:28 AM »
Kenny Omega is an unreal performer.  He is actually from my hometown and still shows up every few months for a bar wrestling show.  Even for these small shows, where there are 40 people, he still puts in a great performance and is head and shoulders above every one else.

Damn, that sounds awesome. :lol I was thrilled enough to get to see Nakamura from 50-75ft away in a crowd of maybe 5000.

Even though I'm familiar with Kenny Omega, the only match I've properly seen him in was last year's WK, which was a tag match or something. He was still quite good in that, but it didn't allow him to showcase his full talent. I was very impressed by him this year. I was going for him anyway just based on that entrance. :lol

So has he said he's not interested in going to WWE? Because he definitely seems like a guy WWE would be interested in.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:36:31 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1679 on: January 06, 2017, 04:38:07 AM »
I've heard through the grapevine that WWE is interested in Kenny for sure.  He was actually signed with WWE I think about 7 or 8 years ago.  It made the papers here and Kenny went to OVW, which was WWE'S previous training league.  I'm not sure what issues arose, but he was released.

It worked out for him and he has obviously been a huge success in Japan.  I've been told by other local wrestlers here that Kenny just gets mobbed whereever he goes in Japan.  He just enjoys the Japanese culture and NJPW is a perfect fit for him.  I recommend checking out more of his matches as he is someone who never has a bad match.

But it definitely sounds like WWE wants him right now, but he is the one who is resistant in going there.