Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203850 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - NXT > WWE
« Reply #945 on: March 29, 2015, 09:09:09 PM »
Not gonna lie, marked the fucked out at Rollins cashing in!
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #946 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:15 PM »
Lesnar clotheslining Reigns off the ring apron got a pop out of me.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #947 on: March 29, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
Absolutely brilliant and brutal main event. Fantastic booking. Fantastic show!  :metal

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #948 on: March 29, 2015, 09:19:39 PM »
I guess two months of time gives them just enough video to work with for the montage. And I'm out for now. I won't be seeing Wrestlemania until a few hours after it airs, so I don't want any spoilers.

And to the OP, please don't edit the thread title with any WM spoilers! I want to be able to browse GD safely.

Glad that you posted this  :angel:

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #949 on: March 29, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »
In all of my years watching wrestling, I've NEVER once considered cashing in during a match.  Brilliant booking.  Made everyone look better.

That main event was totally Rocky IV. 

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #950 on: March 29, 2015, 09:50:25 PM »
For a Wrestlemania with one of the worst build ups ever, I thought it actually turned out pretty good.

The Fatal 4 way tag match was fun, a bit too chaotic but fun. The only thing I did not like was the inclusion of the usos because since one of them is legitimately injured they had to pull him out fast. Why not pick a tag team with 2 healthy members like the acension, they could use it.

The andre the giant memorial battle royal was alright. It was nice to see mizdow finally turn on the miz, but it just made me wish miz vs mizdow was a mania match. I had no problem with Big show winning it. For a man who's been with the company as long as he's had I think he deserved a wrestlemania moment, since he has lost almost all of his matches at WM.

The IC title match was pretty solid but I wish it was longer. Ambrose has been screwed over repeatedly in all of his solo ppv matches, but I can't complain here that powerbomb to the outside was a good way to take him out of the match. With Bryan winning hopefully this is the first step in rebilding the IC title.

Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton was also pretty solid. I don't have much to say for this one it was a good match with a great finish.

Sting vs HHH I have mixed feelings on. It was a good match until the DX vs NWO stuff started. It was kinda fun to see them but it was just so unnecessary. I just wanted to see a normal match between these two. Especially since I thought sting looked good out there. He was energized and overall looked damn good for being 56. I hope this is not his last mach, because he still has some gas left in the tank and he deserves to go out on a much bigger note.

the bellas vs AJ & Paige was alright. There was nothing really wrong with this match but it just seemed kinda pointless since there was nothing at all on the line.

John Cena Vs Russev I enjoyed more than I thought I would even though the ending was totally predictable. Hopefully russev will be alright, I mean he lost but he still looked impressive IMO. It wasn't a one sided make cena look ridiculously strong match like I was fearing.  I do have to give cena some credit for that springboard stunner thing that he did.

Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt I thought was pretty good but I think it was harmed by the fact it happend in daylight. Taker looked 100x better than he did last year and I loved that he was wearing his 2004 attire. It was nice that they used the fact that he was severely concussed by lesnar and had Bray use it to his advantage (although he messed up what ever the hell that spot on the outside was.) Although it did not make Taker look the greatest. Overall I liked it and it was nice to see that taker has at least has a little left in him.

Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns I thought was a pleasent surprise. Roman got a lot more offense in than cena did at summerslam but brock still looked dominant throughout. Also it looked like they intentionally busted lesnar open on the ringpost which was a surprise. Its like they needed something as visual as blood to make seem possible that brock could come anywhere close to losing. Rollins coming out and cashing in was one of the best things they could have done. Rollins looked smart, Brock is still unpinned as champ and roman isn't the champ.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #951 on: March 29, 2015, 10:05:34 PM »
Fantastic card! I enjoyed every match

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #952 on: March 29, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »
I wish that now that Cena and Bryan are holding the secondary belts, WWE Creative tries to build them up and make them mean something!

But then again

Some thoughts on Haitch/Sting:

That match was book exactly like a big WCW main event was booked! :lol And while the Sting mark in me wanted him to win, once it was a WCW vs WWE thing there was no chance for him. WCW is dead anyway so it doesn't matter, plus that handshake at the end kinda made sure no one was buried (and his oversold bump on Ronda Rousey's judo throw was hilarious!) I thought Sting look really good and would definitely want to see him again. Also, wth was that bruise on HHH's leg??
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 11:24:38 PM by Dimitrius »
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #953 on: March 30, 2015, 12:01:06 AM »
I just checked it out, skipped through most of it. I have to say, I did enjoy seeing Hogan, Hall and Nash. Those were my favourites back in the WCW days.
I don't watch MMA but damn, Rousey is so hot.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #954 on: March 30, 2015, 02:29:46 AM »
Ok, you guys talked me into finding a video of the main event.  I have to admit, that was a hell of a match. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #955 on: March 30, 2015, 05:29:47 AM »
Well shit, that was good.

The opening IC match was great, although it would have been nice to have it longer. Obviously they wanted Bryan as far from the main event as possible, but he won the belt, and everyone looked good. Excellent way to open the show.

Randy Orton vs Seth Rollins wasn't very good. Orton looked really sluggish and out of shape, and he put on a poor performance even for him, and he didn't sell any moves. Rollins should not have lost that match. Orton needs to piss off.

The HHH / Sting match was surprisingly fun. The wrestling wasn't pretty, but it was better than I expected, and they gave the fans a good dose of nostalgia with DX vs NWO. I'm shocked that Sting lost, but in hindsight that shouldn't surprise me coming from HHH. HHH's entrance was cheesy as hell. Sting's wasn't much better.

The women's match was solid. I wish they had more time, but there was some good wrestling all around, and I'm happy that AJ / Paige won. I didn't like that Paige spent most of the match on the floor though. Paige's outfit was awesome.

John Cena vs Rusev was a really good match, easily the best Rusev has had, but the outcome could not have been more obvious. Yeah, Cena was going to tap out at WM when representing USA against Russia. Yup, that was totally a plausible outcome.
Rusev's entrance was amazing. Riding out on a fucking tank to the Russian national anthem while vigorously waving your flag and wearing a Russian teamster jacket. I love you Rocky IV gimmick man.

I could have done without the usual long winded HHH promo. Hey, it's the Rock. And now he's bringing in some fighter chick I've never heard of. You could have used this time for a match. I don't want to see this lead to any matches at next year's WM either. It also wore out the term "Wrestlemania moment". I think telling people you're making a Wrestlemania moment negates making a Wrestlemania moment. :lol It would have been fine if it took up half the amount of time.

The Undertaker vs Wyatt was almost sad to watch. Undertaker was looking better than last year, but not by much. He was struggling throughout the match, and it was completely forgettable. I don't know why they thought Wyatt could put on a good match. And both entrances were total buzzkills during the daytime. Hopefully they choose a better opponent for next year and Undertaker has one final match.

The title match. THAT TITLE MATCH. Holy crap, that was perfect. SUPLEX CITY, BITCH! The whole time I was worried because Reigns was smiling as he took the beating like the arrogant son of a bitch he's been since he won the Rumble, and I thought he was going to overcome all odds and look super strong, especially once he started giving the flurry of superman punches and spears.
Then once Rollins' music hit, I got excited. But then I figured they were just throwing him in there for Reigns to have someone to pin while Rollins was still distracted cashing in the briefcase, but then he got the pin without cheating.
I'm not happy about Reigns kicking out after 3 F5's in the match, or again after the first curb stomp, but they got to make Reigns look good without him winning the belt. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

The stage setup and arena had a great vibe, the crowd was great, they packed in a lot of veterans, it really felt like a big Wrestlemania. Much like last year, they took what on paper looked like a pretty weak card, and turned it into a very enjoyable show.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #956 on: March 30, 2015, 07:18:09 AM »
I went back to see the 4-way tag, man what a hot mess of a spot fest... loved every second of it!

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #957 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:22 AM »
Wrestlemania is like the Super Bowl for my brother as well.  Reading the outcomes sounds like something he would have really enjoyed.  Can't wait to talk to him about it this evening.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline masterthes

« Reply #958 on: March 30, 2015, 11:54:38 AM »
There's a small part of me that wants to get back into the WWE. I was a huge Hulkamaniac, watched it on Saturdays, then became all about Taker and his mystique, then RAW came on and that was appointment TV for me for a long ass time. Then, there's the part of me that just got tired of the whole thing and says, nevermind, I'm good

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #959 on: March 30, 2015, 12:07:51 PM »
I was too busy watching The Walking Dead and missed some of the later matches, but I don't watch wrestling too much anymore. My brother, father, and sister like it a lot, but I don't really watch it now unless it's Wrestlemania. I used to be really into it though. Kurt Angle will always probably be my favorite. Or Mick Foley.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #960 on: March 30, 2015, 12:15:35 PM »
One of my favorites was Chris Benoit, and, well, you know...
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #961 on: March 30, 2015, 12:16:40 PM »
What? Is he not wrestling anymore?

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #962 on: March 30, 2015, 12:19:41 PM »

:(
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #963 on: March 30, 2015, 12:21:05 PM »
Ok ok. :millahhhh

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #964 on: March 30, 2015, 12:22:10 PM »
a tragic reminder that head injuries are a serious thing.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #965 on: March 30, 2015, 04:47:22 PM »
REALLY excited for RAW tonight.  Post WM Raw's are always great and after last night's fantastic show, tonight should be great.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #966 on: March 30, 2015, 04:50:58 PM »
I can't wait for the crowd tonight! If Sheamus does show up tonight, the rain of boos will be too sweet!

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #967 on: March 30, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
I wonder how CM Punk feels about the UFC plugs and Rhonda Rousey showing up especially when he brought the idea to Vince he was totally against it, especially the women fighters. "People could die!" Maybe he doesn't care at this point, but I'd be pissed.

I didn't even know RR existed before yesterday, but damn she's a looker. The arm hold was a bit weak, but it was the only realistic thing they could do. Rolling around with Steph in a catfight would have destroyed her credibility.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #968 on: March 30, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »
I think Brock Lesnar just killed everyone.  :lol :lol  But hey, that's one excuse to explain why Lesnar isn't there for months.

As for last night, reading the reviews, sounds like it was a good show.  Rollins cashing in seems like an audible similar to last year's, cause Vince knew that Reigns winning would erupt in boos that would have been deafening.  Like BVD said, Sting losing isn't a surprise in hindsight, since we know Vince loves any opportunity to make WCW guys look bad.  But Sting is overrated and probably got paid a ton for his handful of appearances and that loss, so I am sure he's just fine.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #969 on: March 30, 2015, 07:44:21 PM »
i haven't watched the wwe in years. but tonight is the night i change that. i was gonna watch wrestlemania last night, but i had to work.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #970 on: March 30, 2015, 07:53:10 PM »
Loved Brock coming in and fucking all shit up! Laughed as hell as Booker and JBL had to sell like death a table falling on them :lol

But holy shit this guy they have replacing them is baaaaaad!

EDIT: Oh god now they brought out King!!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:58:12 PM by Dimitrius »

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #971 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:32 PM »
He's bad, but I'd rather listen to him than the other 3 guys.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #972 on: March 30, 2015, 08:02:26 PM »
The Raw after Wrestlemania is always one of the best of the year.

I rewatched the title match, and the more I think about it, the more perfect it was. It worked out best all around. They got to make Reigns look really strong and survive a beating by Lesnar without winning the belt and having him piss off the fans. They got to keep Lesnar looking strong and unbeatable and take the belt off him without him being pinned. They got to elevate Rollins to champion as he deserves.

And the best bit is that they've got a lot of potential title matches that write themselves. Lesnar will get a rematch at some point, and can either win it back, or lose because Rollins is a heel who will cheat to retain. Reigns can feud with Rollins based on both robbing him of his title shot and being a former Shield member, and it helps lift Reigns to main event status where they want him, so he can still eventually win if things work out. This is the better scenario for him in the long run. And Orton could argue that he deserves a shot because he cleanly defeated Rollins at WM, and there's already a long running feud there, so that already makes him a legitimate contender for the title without any work.

And on top of that, Rollins is a star who has stolen the show at every PPV, so you're also going to have great title matches regardless of the challenger.

Offline Illethal

« Reply #973 on: March 30, 2015, 08:06:30 PM »
Raw after Wrestlemania is always a good show. Especially coming off of one of the hottest Wrestlemanias!

Seriously, that show last night reinvigorated why I love wrestling.

(I'm new here, glad to see some fellow DT fans are WWE fans as well!)

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #974 on: March 30, 2015, 09:19:37 PM »
The Raw after Wrestlemania is always one of the best of the year.

Change that to "almost always."  With the exception of the Lesnar segment, tonight was just another mediocre RAW. 

Kane and Show in the main event?  :lol :lol

I don't know who that guy was who took over play-by-play, but he was dreadful.  Which is putting it nicely.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #975 on: March 31, 2015, 06:17:10 AM »
That main event was the only major weak part of the show to me. The rest was a bit better than usual. Some good match ups, Lesnar tore it up, and no HHH at all. But I say it's one of the best of the year mostly due to the crowd, and they didn't disappoint. I wish the crowds gave that much of a shit all year-round. :lol

And yeah, that guy on commentary sucked big time. I've never liked him when they him on panel discussions and whatever else. You know a guy is bad when you're glad they bring out the king. :lol
And I know they had to sell that a table flip took out two guys (who are both ex-wrestlers), but surely someone was capable of putting an up-turned table back to the upward position. Those tables break at the drop of a hat. Nobody believes they weigh that much.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:22:50 AM by BlobVanDam »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #976 on: March 31, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »

:lol :lol

Oh, and this gif from WM is pretty cool:

Now I want to see that match just for that ending. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #977 on: March 31, 2015, 04:42:20 PM »
Oh, and this gif from WM is pretty cool:

Now I want to see that match just for that ending. :lol

Don't bother. You've literally seen every bit of that match worth seeing. All you're missing is 10 minutes of Orton sluggishly not selling.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #978 on: March 31, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
I suppose.  But I have no problem with Orton winning that match.  Considering what Rollins did to him in kayfabe - putting him out for months by curb stomping him - Orton returning as a face and winning their match was only natural.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #979 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
In retrospect I don't have a problem with Orton winning, given that Rollins is a heel and won the title later that night, which automatically sets up a potential title match, I just didn't like the way Orton handled the match itself at all. I've never liked Orton's in ring ability (or anything out of the ring either), but he was really out of shape in this match imo, and did nothing to help Rollins look competitive.
I can't wait for the day when talent is more important than how good buddies you are with HHH.