Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203596 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - Believe in the Shield...Creative does.
« Reply #280 on: May 01, 2014, 12:17:59 AM »
He salvaged the Orton/Batista match, he managed to make Bray Wyatt look good (that match was 100% Bryan despite the commentary's attempts to boost Wyatt), I'm sure it will be a good match, but as you said, it will be because of Bryan, not Kane.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #281 on: May 01, 2014, 07:01:04 AM »
- It's said that Bill Goldberg definitely has interest in doing a match at WrestleMania 31 if the right deal can be made. He's kept himself in shape, training almost daily, and will be 48 by next year's WrestleMania.

Get it done Triple H this should be his top priority right now.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #282 on: May 01, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »
Why??? Why would Goldberg be a top priority?
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #283 on: May 01, 2014, 07:14:26 AM »
I think his top priority should be continuing to build up the new talent for the future of the company, not continually relying on the past to sell Wrestlemania.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #284 on: May 01, 2014, 07:20:12 AM »
The last time he was a relevant wrestler was more than a decade ago, most of the people watching the product now don't know him and I doubt the people that do would be like "holy shit!! Goldberg's back!!!!!"
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
Why??? Why would Goldberg be a top priority?
This, who cares?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2014, 02:55:08 PM »
Because he was awesome then and all the new ones are shit?

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »
Because he was awesome then and all the new ones are shit?

Troof.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2014, 04:19:17 PM »
Yeah, Goldberg was never awesome, even when WCW was hyping his kayfabe streak.  To me, he'll always be the braindead musclehead who ended Bret Hart's career by kicking him in the head.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2014, 04:26:10 PM »
Goldberg was a limited wrestler in terms of what he could do, but the man drew thermonuclear heat-that pop when he beat Hogan was earthshaking-and could have been as big a draw as the big names from the WWF at the time. But I have no interest in seeing him now. I guess the appeal is he's one of the big names from the hottest period wrestling ever had and likely ever will have?
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »
Kane is a glorified jobber.

Bray Wyatt is a bad wrestler.

Goldberg is awesome and all the new wrestlers are shit.

DTF's Pro Wrestling talk never ceases to amaze me.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2014, 04:49:36 PM »
Bray Wyatt IS a bad wrestler, though.  :lol
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
Bray Wyatt IS a bad wrestler, though.  :lol

Again, that's an opinion I've only seen on these forums. It completely baffles me.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2014, 05:07:12 PM »
I don't think Bray Wyatt is a bad wrestler, but I do think he is highly overrated on other parts of the internet.

Pretty sure I've mentioned that before, but there it is again.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2014, 05:15:33 PM »
I don't think Bray Wyatt is a bad wrestler, but I do think he is highly overrated on other parts of the internet.

Pretty sure I've mentioned that before, but there it is again.

I guess I'm fortunate to call many wrestlers (no one famous) friends (offline).

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
Rotunda has been given an interesting and unusual character in Bray Wyatt, and he is doing a great job with it, but he is not a good wrestler in the technical sense of the word.  But he doesn't have to be.  His character is all about psychology (mentally) and brute force (physically). 

Also, getting back to the great matches thing, Daniel Bryan is to the 10s what Shawn Michaels was to the 00s, Bret Hart was to the 90s, and Ric Flair was to the 80s: put him in the ring with just about anyone and it'll be, at worst, a really good match.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:25 PM »
Rotunda has been given an interesting and unusual character in Bray Wyatt, and he is doing a great job with it, but he is not a good wrestler in the technical sense of the word.  But he doesn't have to be.  His character is all about psychology (mentally) and brute force (physically). 

Also, getting back to the great matches thing, Daniel Bryan is to the 10s what Shawn Michaels was to the 00s, Bret Hart was to the 90s, and Ric Flair was to the 80s: put him in the ring with just about anyone and it'll be, at worst, a really good match.

Daniel Bryan is absolutely incredible, and is virtually incapable of having a bad match. Couldn't be happier for the guy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #297 on: May 01, 2014, 06:32:47 PM »
I just hope they don't make him dumb his move set down, ala Cena and his five moves of doom or whatever :lol, just because certain moves (the repeated kicks to the chest before ending it with a kick to the head, for example) get the loudest pops from the crowd.  He has a massive array of moves and he should be allowed to utilize it as much as possible. 

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #298 on: May 01, 2014, 08:11:33 PM »
Cena has actually been doing a few new moves as of late. It makes me smile every time he busts out the hurricanrana. He's not good at it, but he has gotten better.

As far as Goldberg ending Hart's career: anyone could have done that. Accidents happen, and Goldberg has gone on record as saying he regrets what happened every day. I'd love to see Goldberg back for one more match. He was my favorite wrestler back in the day, and they misused him in WWE. Plus his last match was terrible.

Offline abydos

• DT.net
« Reply #299 on: May 01, 2014, 08:18:04 PM »
I saw that particular kick, it didn't seem that hard and I can't see how it's all his fault, isn't the guy getting the kick supposed to be in control of that situation and go down? Anyway I've seen much tougher kicks to the head in MMA, why was this so damaging?

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »
He concussed Bret Hart which led to him developing post-concussion syndrome and making him retire.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2014, 07:50:40 AM »

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2014, 07:51:49 AM »
The sad part is how many more wrestlers they could have added to that list. :lol

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2014, 07:37:10 AM »
Another solid PPV!

The 3-way match was a great way to kick it off. The way it unfolded was as expected, but there were a lot of great moves from all 3, and once it was down to RVD and Cesaro, it was even better.

The Shield vs. Evolution match was another strong one. I wasn't sure who was going to win this one, so having the clean win over Batista was a pleasant surprise. I'm sure Batista's comeback is everything he hoped it would be. :lol

The Cena vs Wyatt match wasn't very good, and the result was obvious. Wyatt had to win this one after losing at Wrestlemania. I still cannot figure out what people see in Bray Wyatt at all. Very average match, with a stupidly lame ending.

The women's match was one of the better ones I've seen. There were some big moves that most of the "Divas" wouldn't have pulled off, and it flowed pretty well too.

And the title match mostly sucked. Daniel Bryan deserved better for his first PPV title defense than to be stuck carrying Kane through that stinker. I was at least hoping they'd keep it in the ring so Bryan could wrestle a match around Kane, but instead it was mostly boring weapon hits and cliche spots. They were never fooling anyone into thinking Kane had any chance of winning this. This match didn't help Bryan at all. At least Brie Bella wasn't involved.

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #304 on: May 05, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
I really dug Cena/Wyatt.  It may have been a little long though. 

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #305 on: May 05, 2014, 02:35:52 PM »
Loved the Kane/Bryan fight. I mean, it's the main event of Extreme rules, in one of the most personal feuds in recent memory. Was anybody expecting (or even wanting) to see a technical match in the middle of the ring? That would make zero sense psychology wise.

There's a rumor on the internets (lol) that Batista was supposed to be the next guy to face Daniel Bryan, but he turned it down based on everything that has changed since he's returned, which is why we may not be done with Kane and Bryan. As much as I love Kane, and his interactions with Bryan, I would have preferred for it to had ended last night, and let Bryan take someone else on. It would be nice if him and someone like Dolph got a month or two to feud.... it would be amazing.... Ziggler's all but disappeared from the storylines. Hell Bryan and Cesaro for a few months would be hot until Brock decides to grace us at SummerSlam (something I'm not looking forward to seeing, if it happens).

Oh and WEELC was one of the most entertaining matches that I've seen in a long time, and that crowd last night ate it up.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2014, 01:13:05 AM »
Good Raw. I'm more than happy to see the RVD/Cesaro feud continue, and a Battle Royal is always a winner.

The big downer is seeing the Bryan/Kane thing continue. This is burying Bryan. Sliding a stuntman off a car isn't going to convince me that it's still 1998 and that Kane is still a thing. Yawn.

Anyone else catch HHH calling out the move at the end? :lol

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2014, 03:26:00 AM »
Good Raw. I'm more than happy to see the RVD/Cesaro feud continue, and a Battle Royal is always a winner.

The big downer is seeing the Bryan/Kane thing continue. This is burying Bryan. Sliding a stuntman off a car isn't going to convince me that it's still 1998 and that Kane is still a thing. Yawn.

Anyone else catch HHH calling out the move at the end? :lol

Let's not go overboard.... this is not burying Bryan in any way.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2014, 11:52:23 AM »
It's not burying him, but it's not making him look strong at all either.  Him suddenly having his real life shrieking wife next to him this much isn't helping either.  They need to keep Brie away from Bryan on camera. 

Honestly though, they are probably stuck as to what to do with Bryan at the moment.  If Batista really did refuse to do a one-on-one match with him at the next PPV, who else is there?

-Orton, but Orton/Bryan was just a PPV main event like three or four times last year, so they probably don't want to go that route again this soon.
-HHH, but like he is really good job to Bryan twice. 
-Lesnar - too soon.
-Cesaro - too soon, as they need to slowly build him up as a legit top guy, and having him losing this early to the world champ would majorly stunt his progress.

I guess they could have turned Sheamus and had him feud with Bryan - he is better as a heel anyway - but I suspect that will be Bryan's early summer feud.

Either way, the whole Kane thing is just stupid.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2014, 12:13:35 PM »
I don't follow closely, but how is Ziggler not in the equation?  Doesn't he have the MITB briefcase?  If there isn't anyone else, the WWE has no one to blame but themselves for continually putting their main event chips into the stars of the Attitude era.  They clearly haven't done enough to elevate the younger talent so there is an inventory of main event stars.  They missed the '10-'12 years to create that crop... of the names you mention Kev, 3 (+ Bautista) were built to main event status in the mid-00s, and Cesaro is only just being built up within the last 12 months.

:yawn:
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2014, 12:16:24 PM »
I don't follow that closely either, quite honestly, but the lack of push given to Ziggler in the last year is more than just a bit puzzling. 

Offline Marion Crane

• Smile, you're on MurderTV.
« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2014, 01:00:21 PM »
I don't follow closely, but how is Ziggler not in the equation?  Doesn't he have the MITB briefcase?  If there isn't anyone else, the WWE has no one to blame but themselves for continually putting their main event chips into the stars of the Attitude era.  They clearly haven't done enough to elevate the younger talent so there is an inventory of main event stars.  They missed the '10-'12 years to create that crop... of the names you mention Kev, 3 (+ Bautista) were built to main event status in the mid-00s, and Cesaro is only just being built up within the last 12 months.

:yawn:

Ziggler hasn't had the briefcase for over a year now. 

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
And there you go.... now I remember, he beat Alberto for the title, right?  I remember him getting a huge pop for that.  Shows how close I follow.  Who does have the briefcase?
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2014, 03:36:59 PM »
And there you go.... now I remember, he beat Alberto for the title, right?  I remember him getting a huge pop for that.  Shows how close I follow.  Who does have the briefcase?

Two briefcases were won at Money in the Bank, which was last July. Randy Orton won the "Raw" briefcase, allowing him a shot at the WWE Championship. Damien Sandow won the "Smackdown" briefcase, allowing him a shot at the World Heavyweight Title.

At SummerSlam, Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena to win the WWE Championship. Triple H attacked Bryan, allowing Orton to cash in his briefcase to win the Championship.

At Hell in a Cell, John Cena, in his first match since losing the WWE Championship to Bryan (he needed time off for an arm injury), defeated Alberto Del Rio to win the World Heavyweight Title. The next night on Raw, Sandow cashed in on Cena, who was still "selling" an injury. Despite Sandow attacking Cena before the match, and dominating the match itself, Cena beat Sandow, leaving Sandow with nothing to show for his MitB victory. Since that match, Sandow has been misused, and then seldom used.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni