Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 203721 times)

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread - WM XXX
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2014, 09:36:31 AM »
Well, I think Mr. T loves his mother.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »
Well, I think Mr. T loves his mother.

And I bet he treats his mother right.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2014, 03:11:46 PM »
In my dream world, Sting shows up and costs Taker the lesner match, killing the streak and gaining an inferno level of heat. One year build to WM31 where Taker regains his honor by going over against sting.

It would never happen, but if it was ten years earlier I would have liked to see an angle like that, considering both Taker and Sting were my two favorite wrestlers growing up.

And this is probably nothing but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDlQ20p8BXw

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
In my dream world, Sting shows up and costs Taker the lesner match, killing the streak and gaining an inferno level of heat.

Really?  This is pretty much my nightmare scenario for ending the streak.   :lol
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2014, 03:51:24 PM »
In my dream world, Sting shows up and costs Taker the lesner match, killing the streak and gaining an inferno level of heat.

Really?  This is pretty much my nightmare scenario for ending the streak.   :lol

Yeah... there's no way to justify allowing Brock to be the one to end the streak. If Sting's really in the mix, he can come down after an Undertaker win or show up tomorrow night on Raw.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2014, 06:03:11 PM »
Awesome opening match. I just marked out big time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:24:56 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2014, 06:52:02 PM »
Good match, and judging from comments I've seen online, I am one of many who could have done without Stephanie screaming her head off every 22 seconds outside the ring.

Also, the main event now will likely see interference from HHH and Stephanie, and my money would be on it backfiring, leading to a Bryan win, and possibly leading to an Orton face turn in the coming weeks.

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2014, 07:01:59 PM »
judging from comments I've seen online, I am one of many who could have done without Stephanie screaming her head off every 22 seconds outside the ring.

Agreed. That got old really fast.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2014, 07:34:54 PM »
Aside from the obvious - promoting the streak for money - what was the point of this Undertaker/Lesnar match?  Lesnar looks weak and horrible, cause Undertaker is old and can't take bumps like he used to.  As much as people ragged on Rock and Batista for waltzing back in to main event Wrestlemania, Undertaker has it made in the shade: he can show up once a year to keep his kayfabe streak going.  Boring.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »
I'm not watching Mania live, so I can't really comment on the quality of the Taker/Lesnar match, but I definitely think they could have picked a much better opponent for him this year. 

That being said, I really don't have a problem with him showing up once a year for WrestleMania.
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
Its almost painful watching this Taker match. The crowds getting restless and so am I. He should have just went out on top with 20-0

HOLY SHIT
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:57:45 PM by Phoenix87x »

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2014, 07:56:10 PM »
Thank God it's over.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
Wait, Lesnar won?

... I can't remember the last time I've been this legitimately surprised by the outcome of a match. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2014, 07:58:42 PM »
Unbelievable....... why not give it to an up and comer that could have used that like Roman, Cesaro or Bray?

Unbelievable.....

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
You could hear a pin drop when the ref counted three. I'm still in shock.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »
It was time.  Like I said earlier, he is old now and can't take bumps anymore, and while they played up the "he can't get to his feet" angle, it was legit; he simply cannot go anymore, which is why he probably agreed to let Lesnar beat him.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »
I would have rather they gave that honor to a Reigns or Cesaro or Wyatt. Someone who would benefit from the rub of ending The Streak.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2014, 08:19:00 PM »

:lol :lol

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2014, 08:19:26 PM »
Yeah, I'm kind of torn here.  On the one hand, it's just surreal.  The streak's been going on about as long as I've been alive.  It feels incredibly strange to think that it's over.  I am literally in disbelief.

On the other hand, Undertaker obviously couldn't keep doing this forever.  At some point, he was going to stop wrestling, and there would always be a question of what to do about the streak.  I also know that Undertaker has enough creative control at this point in his career that he didn't have to do this if he didn't want to, so I have to assume that this outcome had his blessing.  And if this is the way he wanted it to end, fair enough.  I respect that. 

On the third hand (that's right; I grew a third hand just to express my disappointment), I personally think Brock Lesnar is a fucking awful choice for ending the streak. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
Sounds like the audience gave him some nice appreciation after Brock and Heyman left.

This does feel surreal, that is a good word to describe it. This match did feel like a throw away, certainly not the one that would end the streak. No build-up, momentum. Nothing like the matches he had with Michaels and HHH. And of course seeing the three of them at the top of the ramp at the end of WM28.... that would have been the most fitting way to end an era.

And of course they follow it up with the Diva Invitational or whatever.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »
THat was awesome. :metal

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

Hell yeah it was  :metal :metal

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2014, 09:09:32 PM »
Whistles.......

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2014, 09:12:50 PM »

Hell yeah it was  :metal :metal

The whole show, or just the main event?

I'm just curious; as I said, I haven't watched it. 

EDIT:  Also, kinda looks like Orton landed on the monitor.  Ooouuuuch...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 09:20:18 PM by Jaffa »
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2014, 09:19:36 PM »
Bryan winning at the end and the crowd going berserk the way they did.  Awesome moment.

And I am shocked Orton was able to finish the match after landing on that monitor.  I thought he was legit hurt.  Hell, he probably is.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2014, 09:31:04 PM »
And I am shocked Orton was able to finish the match after landing on that monitor.  I thought he was legit hurt.  Hell, he probably is.

Seriously.  That does not look good. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Syzzle

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2014, 09:47:56 PM »
Not sure Bryan winning makes up for them ending the streak what a joke :censored

Offline FlyingBIZKIT

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
Kinda weird to see Lesnar, of all people, beat 'Taker  :yeahright

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2014, 12:42:41 AM »
Triple H coming out as Shao Kahn was one of the cheesiest things I've even seen in wrestling...

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2014, 01:02:27 AM »
And I bet Vince didn't like his son in law doing a crippler crossface.

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2014, 01:21:02 AM »
Prowrestling.net can confirm reports that Undertaker (Mark Calaway) was taken by ambulance to a hospital in New Orleans after his WrestleMania 30 match with Brock Lesnar on Sunday. It is believed that he suffered a concussion during the match.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2014, 03:57:46 AM »
Whistles.......

That move was amazing. I didn't notice at the time that Orton hit the monitor right on like that.

Aside from the Undertaker match, the night they had booked could not have gone better.

I am thoroughly shocked that HHH cleanly put over Daniel Bryan, and not only that, put on a pretty darn good match that didn't devolve into weapon hits. Then after the match he did just enough to keep Bryan as the underdog going into the title match. Respect to HHH for his job. And Stephanie was awesome. I was surprised she didn't interfere during the match. Perfect performances all around.

The tag match was suitably short and sweet. It was a waste of the Shield, but luckily it was a squash match, and that triple/double powerbomb was a killer finish. Perfect outcome to a wasted booking.

The battle royale was great. It was a perfect excuse to give Kofi Kingston another fun showing, and having Cesaro body slam The Big Show over the top rope was such a brilliantly fitting finish to the match. Well played.

The Cena/Wyatt match was expectedly fairly stinky, but I was pleasantly surprised that Cena won. They got to raise Wyatt's profile without compromising one of their top guys. Another good result, and the match wasn't quite as bad as it could have been.

The Lesnar/Taker match sucked huge donkey testicles. It was just 15 minutes of basic striking moves. The crowd wasn't even pissed, they were simply in shock. Such an uneventful match that ended with zero fanfare. I didn't even believe that the match had ended, it was all over without there really being much of a match. A match that shitty did not deserve to end the streak, and Lesnar hadn't really earned that right either. The only downer of the night.

The Divas match wasn't too bad at all. The Divas matches at Wrestlemania are usually in a tough spot, and this was no exception. But it kept up a good pace, and had some decent moves, and another good result.

Then the title match. Going into the show, I would have given it an even bet of Batista still winning, but after HHH let Bryan beat him cleanly, there was no way he was letting Bryan lose. It would have made him look bad.
Again, HHH put in what was necessary to play his part in the match, then left and let Bryan have his moment.
The moments where it was just Orton/Batista, the crowd couldn't have cared less. They did a couple of big moves, but all eyes were on Bryan when he was being wheeled out on the stretcher.
That match played out so well, and it was a huge Wrestlemania moment. They've put a lot of faith in him here, and hopefully he continues to remain in the title picture regardless of the fallout from this.

They clearly had little faith in their "host" Hulk Hogan, so putting him together with two of the other icons of wrestling to kick off the show was perfect for the occasion. I'm glad there weren't any stunners etc. I loved seeing them all acknowledge each other and shake hands and leave it at that.
The other cameos were excellent too.

Overall, a really solid Wrestlemania from start to finish, and a huge turnaround from the Royal Rumble, which was a low point for the WWE.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2014, 05:35:29 AM »
How do they not have flat screens there yet?

Offline GentlemanofDread

• The dreaded man
  • The One Who Help To Set The Sun
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
Monitor looks more effective than a flatscreen would when hitting someone with it.
i don't even like dt but i had keyboard and an ipad so what the fuck
Jordan is actually DT's tax advisor. He just happens to do their taxes on stage, that's why he has that iPad there.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2014, 07:41:27 AM »
I doubt they had little faith in Hogan, so much as his bad knees and hips have made it to where he probably can't take even the simplest bump, thus what he can do is fairly limited.  Plus, once they got Rock and Austin on board to show up, having the three biggest stars in wrestling history together, even if it was just window-dressing, was the natural thing to do.

I'd love to know what measures Vince took to ensure that Warrior and Hogan didn't cross paths since the former still has a major beef with the latter.

The unfortunate thing for Daniel Bryan is, they actually let him win it all and have his big moment, like so many thought they should, but all anyone is talking about is the Undertaker's stupid streak ending.  Some older gal I work with is legit mad that he lost instead of just retiring with the streak intact.  I chided her on FB about it, and the next time I see her, I am gonna remind her again what a mark she is. :lol :lol :biggrin: