Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 206199 times)

Offline ozzy554

Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1750 on: February 13, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
Yeah they had to tone down the chamber the old one was so big and heavy that a lot of arenas couldn't support it.  Also apparently it was a bitch to transport.

I kinda like the redesign though. Except for the square pods. Oh well I'm looking forward to orton vs wyatt
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1751 on: February 13, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
Kevin Owens just broke my heart.

EDIT: And Bayley just brought my smile back. Congratulations to Bayley on winning the Raw Women's Championship. Well deserved.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 09:14:00 PM by TheCountOfNYC »
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1752 on: February 13, 2017, 10:12:01 PM »

EDIT: And Bayley just brought my smile back. Congratulations to Bayley on winning the Raw Women's Championship. Well deserved.

I was hoping they would keep the Owens-Jericho partnership together for much longer; really enjoyed their segments.  I think the break up could have been built up longer.

Actually I just read that Jericho is taking time off after WM, so I guess they felt the urgency to get the feud and match going.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:46:23 PM by jjrock88 »

Offline Anguyen92

« Reply #1753 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:46 AM »
Actually I just read that Jericho is taking time off after WM, so I guess they felt the urgency to get the feud and match going.

Fozzy's doing some festivals including Download and Carolina Rebellion and I think they are in the process of creating another album. So I think it makes sense that Jericho will be busy and done with wrestling for now after Wrestlemania. I'm game for more Fozzy.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #1754 on: February 14, 2017, 12:09:25 AM »

I was hoping they would keep the Owens-Jericho partnership together for much longer; really enjoyed their segments.  I think the break up could have been built up longer.

I knew that Jericho was leaving some time after WM, so I was hoping they'd get a WM match out of this. Too many feuds have been rushed and fizzled out before WM in the past. I would have liked to see more from them too though, because Jericho + Owens has been one of the best things in years.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1755 on: February 14, 2017, 04:50:43 AM »
I agree. It's absolutely been one of the best things in years

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1756 on: February 14, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »
Bayley deserving to win the title pales in comparison to Naomi deserving to win the belt, so I'm more happy for her.

This Charlotte losing on Raw but being invincible at PPVs is getting old. Look for her to win it back at Fastlane.

Jericho costs KO the win against Goldberg... can see this coming from a mile away, just like Bray winning the chamber match. But they did manage to make Bray look STRONG in doing so. May his reign be long!

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1757 on: February 14, 2017, 08:57:57 AM »
Festival of Friendship segment was fantastic last night. Really looking forward to Jericho and Owens feuding until KO wins the US title at Mania. Happy for Bayley, but I agree with DoC. This is what, the fourth time that Charlotte has dropped the title on Raw in the last six months? Way too much of a game of hot potato with that title.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1758 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:51 PM »
I think the Festival of Friendship was one of the best segments in recent memory.

Offline ozzy554

« Reply #1759 on: February 14, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, I popped for Gillberg.
Do you read Sutter Cane?

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1760 on: February 14, 2017, 01:05:15 PM »
The up and down emotions that was in the Festival of Friendship was excellent.  Perfectly played by both Chris and Kevin.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1761 on: February 14, 2017, 11:36:38 PM »
Randy Orton refuses to fight Bray Wyatt. There will be a battle royal next Tuesday to determine who goes against Bray Wyatt at Mania. So why even have Orton win the Rumble?
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1762 on: February 14, 2017, 11:46:56 PM »
When they make these changes, it just hurts the prestige of the Rumble match. I'm still thinking it will be Orton in the end. If not, I would imagine Styles

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1763 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:49 AM »
I don't even know what they have planned for Styles at this stage, but I doubt it's a title match. I've heard Styles vs Shane mentioned, which would suck so hard. Shane should not even be in a match at WM. And Styles deserves a real match after the amazing year he's had.
I'd like to see Harper win that battle royal, then Orton can change his mind and make it a triple threat or something. But they don't appear to think that highly of Harper. :(

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1764 on: February 15, 2017, 06:19:17 AM »
The Harper idea is a good one, but yeah it doesn't appear that they think too highly of him. Definitely not high enough to give him a WM main event.

And I really think it's time for Shane to step away from in ring action. He took the spot of someone else last year against Taker and I hope he doesn't do the same this year against Styles

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1765 on: February 15, 2017, 06:41:09 PM »
When they make these changes, it just hurts the prestige of the Rumble match.

Maybe.  But I think it also demonstrates an actual commitment to the Wyatt/Orton storyline, which I do kind of appreciate.  We'll see if the payoff ends up being worth it, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1766 on: February 16, 2017, 07:30:41 AM »
I'm 100% sure that Orton will still wrestle Wyatt at Mania. It could be a triple threat with Harper....we shall see.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1767 on: February 16, 2017, 09:08:45 AM »
I think having Harper win the battle royal and then Orton re-inserting himself into the match could make for a lot of interesting head games in the lead up to Wrestlemania.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1768 on: February 16, 2017, 09:47:02 AM »
Harper definitely has his supporters, so there is a chance it becomes a three way for sure.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1769 on: February 17, 2017, 02:47:14 PM »
I haven't taken any notice of wrestling since I was a teenager but I still remember the awesome George "The Animal" Steele.   RIP  :-\

I still remember Elizabeth too :lol
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #1770 on: February 17, 2017, 03:35:06 PM »
I saw George The Animal Steel. That was when the WWF was touring high school gyms. 1982ish. Killer Kahn too!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1771 on: February 17, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
I remember watching him as a kid. Every ounce of my kayfabe being thought he was totally insane. When he would rip open a turnbuckle, man that still has to be one of the craziest things to ever happen in a wrestling ring.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1772 on: February 17, 2017, 07:28:21 PM »
RIP George

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1773 on: February 20, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
RIP Ivan Koloff, the Russian Bear.  A death doubleshot weekend.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1774 on: February 20, 2017, 03:10:39 PM »
Saw that too, no memory of watching him wrestle. Remember Nikaloa Volkoff and Nikita Koloff more.

And BANG! this is shaping up to be an awesome Hall of Fame class!
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1775 on: February 21, 2017, 02:29:09 AM »
I enjoyed that Big Show vs Strowman match a lot more than I expected

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1776 on: February 21, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
I've heard a few people remark similarly. I bailed on Raw right before the KO/Zayn/Joe bit because I needed to get up early this morning for a run, but the rest of it's waiting on the DVR for me tonight.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1777 on: February 21, 2017, 08:44:30 AM »
Evidently the Rock came out after Raw went off the air because they were filming scenes for a moving being made about Paige's family (his production company is involved). They were filming the match where Paige beats AJ for the title the night after Wrestlemania, which meant the crowd was doing CM Punk chants, so Rock took his phone out and called Punk from the ring and left a voicemail for him of the LA crowd :lol
Photobucket sucks.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1778 on: February 21, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
Evidently the Rock came out after Raw went off the air because they were filming scenes for a moving being made about Paige's family (his production company is involved). They were filming the match where Paige beats AJ for the title the night after Wrestlemania, which meant the crowd was doing CM Punk chants, so Rock took his phone out and called Punk from the ring and left a voicemail for him of the LA crowd :lol

The Rock could literally do whatever he wants. There was a time a couple of years ago when WWE wasn't mentioning Hulk Hogan due to the racial tirade where The Rock decided to interview a fan dressed as Hogan. He gives no shits.

-MirrorMask

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1779 on: February 22, 2017, 12:22:14 AM »
I really hope The Rock isn't at WM this year. He has dragged down the last two so badly with his unnecessary appearances. It doesn't benefit anyone in the long term.
I also watched the two "once in a lifetime" matches with Cena in the past couple of days, and they stunk hard.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1780 on: February 28, 2017, 12:14:50 AM »
I'm really impressed with Braun Strowman. He clearly has the look, but he's improved in the ring and with his character recently. I definitely see a title reign coming up for him.

And Fastlane should be enjoyable, I'm interested to see how Jericho gets involved in the title match.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1781 on: February 28, 2017, 12:22:41 AM »
I think it's still way too early for Braun Strowman to win the title at this point. He doesn't have the experience yet (and he knows that), and if they pushed him this early, he'd become another Reigns. Speaking of which, I'm very interested in how they book that match.
But I think they've been using him well recently. I really liked his appearance in the Rumble, and was actually disappointed when he got eliminated. They've also done a good job with his character from what little I've seen from Raw.

He could be a great big guy, I just hope they don't push him before he's ready.

Online ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1782 on: March 02, 2017, 06:01:33 PM »
How can SmackDown be SO much better than Raw?

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1783 on: March 02, 2017, 06:07:04 PM »
Raw is coming to Newark NJ May 15th.  Im debating about going, you can get a pretty cheap ticket.  It's also the day after the Metallica concert.  Would be a good excuse to just take the day off from work.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1784 on: March 03, 2017, 01:25:21 AM »
How can SmackDown be SO much better than Raw?

I know they will never get rid of that third hour of Raw because of revenue, but it just may be the mentality of less is more. The two hour show just seems to be running smoother.

But also AJ deserves a lot of credit too