Author Topic: Pro Wrestling Thread  (Read 206606 times)

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
Re: Pro Wrestling Thread
« Reply #1505 on: June 22, 2016, 01:51:57 AM »
Their wellness policy seems to be pretty strict considering it's not a real competitive sport, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was an innocent mistake over something silly. If it was something good like meth or steroids, they wouldn't have booked around him and let him stick around to set everything up for the next PPV before taking the month off. It wouldn't even surprise me if he wins the belt right back.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Online axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1506 on: June 22, 2016, 07:32:40 AM »
Finally caught up on last week's NXT. Not that spoilers hadn't leaked out, but Balor vs Nakamura is gonna be so dope.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Destiny Of Chaos

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1507 on: June 22, 2016, 01:04:09 PM »
I also believe they found out about Reign's violation prior to the MITB show. Ambrose has always been my favorite of the three Shield guys. As happy as I am that he won the belt, I would have loved to see him troll around with the briefcase for a few months. With out the violation, I'm sure that was the original plan.

The suspension will end prior to Battleground so Reigns can and will be in that match. It would behoove WWE to make him come back as a total heel, especially given the receptions that Ambrose and Rollins garner.

I am very much looking forward to the brand split. There is PLENTY of talent to go around, and I hope this creates more opportunities for guys like Cesaro, Kofi & others.  If only the Intellectual Savior of the Unwashed Masses was still around for it!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1508 on: June 22, 2016, 07:20:29 PM »
25 years ago, Ambrose was basically the Brooklyn Brawler....and in 2016, he's the WWE champion.  Yikes. :lol :lol

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #1509 on: June 22, 2016, 07:49:07 PM »
I wonder how they will acknowledge his absent in the storyline. Pretty sure they never said anything when Randy Orton violated the policy.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1510 on: June 22, 2016, 09:44:00 PM »
I would imagine they would try and let it fall under the radar as best they can and then just move on starting on July 21st like nothing happened. I guess they will have to come up with some kind of story for him when he isn't at the draft.

Speaking of the roster split, I wonder if they will go back to two world champions. I would prefer they just have one champion as I felt having two world champs last time just watered things down title wise

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1511 on: July 06, 2016, 06:24:50 PM »
Heel AJ Styles is the best thing they got going today.

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #1512 on: July 07, 2016, 04:17:26 AM »
Heel AJ Styles is the best thing they got going today.

Agreed. He's so good at being serious but he was great as a goofball this week as well. His "beat up John Cena" promo with Luke and Carl was the best promo he has given since joining the company. Being a heel just comes so naturally to the guy and you can tell he's a lot more comfortable on the mic right now than he was as a face.
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1513 on: July 07, 2016, 04:29:35 AM »
They've actually made great use of AJ Styles so far. Can't wait to see more of this feud.

First part of Ultima Lucha Dos on Lucha Underground was great too.

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1514 on: July 07, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
So, uhhhh, TNA on Tuesday did the big Hardy vs Hardy - The Final Deletion.  Here's a video of everything that happened in terms of build-up and match.  All I can say is that Matt Hardy is really out of his mind.  Even moreso than Jeff and that's saying a lot.  If you like some backyard wrestling and weird Hardy boys antics, this is the video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG6y-5OYc_0

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #1515 on: July 07, 2016, 11:24:59 AM »
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1516 on: July 07, 2016, 02:05:49 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

It was awful. But in it's awfulness, iI think it might have also been brilliant.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1517 on: July 07, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT

It was awful. But in it's awfulness, iI think it might have also been brilliant.

I dont follow wrestling nor TNA and the hardy boys anymore.  I watched that video (well most of it) and kind of came away with the same conclusion.  It was odd and really dumb, but also very different and kind of cool. 

Offline T-ski

« Reply #1518 on: July 07, 2016, 08:26:59 PM »
Today is the 20th anniversary of Hogan starting the NWO at Bash at the Beach.

Still the greatest wrestling storyline ever created.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #1519 on: July 07, 2016, 08:46:43 PM »
Today is the 20th anniversary of Hogan starting the NWO at Bash at the Beach.

Still the greatest wrestling storyline ever created.

Created?  Yes.  At the start, it was so awesome, kicked off by the best heel turn ever, but it's too they diluted the whole storyline over time because they felt the need to have weekly "who's gonna turn on WCW and join the nWo" moments simply because they had to constantly try to one-up the WWF.

To me, the best angle is still the twin referee story in 1988 that saw Hogan's 4-year title run end.  Those 15 minutes of wrestling drama will never be topped.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1520 on: July 07, 2016, 09:34:23 PM »
Btw, anyone who loves great tag team wrestling should check out the Revival vs American Alpha 2 out of 3 falls match from NXT. Just stellar stuff, including a near fall towards the end that had me yell out loud even though I was watching in a room by myself.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1521 on: July 09, 2016, 08:27:03 PM »
So who has watched The Final Deletion? That was like if the kids from The Blair Witch Project visited Col. Kurtz's compound, and a wrestling match broke out.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1522 on: July 09, 2016, 10:41:17 PM »
Lesnar just won his UFC fight. :metal

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1523 on: July 10, 2016, 10:16:00 AM »
Lesnar just won his UFC fight. :metal

it was a good match!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1524 on: July 10, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
Is that what's considered a good UFC match? I watched this one only because of Lesnar, but I've found all MMA boring. :lol The first and third rounds were just Lesnar holding the other dude down, and the second round was literally nothing. I'll stick to my scripted sports entertainment, thank you very much!

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1525 on: July 11, 2016, 12:15:55 AM »
Is that what's considered a good UFC match? I watched this one only because of Lesnar, but I've found all MMA boring. :lol The first and third rounds were just Lesnar holding the other dude down, and the second round was literally nothing. I'll stick to my scripted sports entertainment, thank you very much!

Yeah, that pretty much sums up why I find MMA boring for the most part, and why Pro Wrestling (not just WWE, but other aspects of wrestling like puroresu or Lucha Libre (I don't know/care much about Lucha, but people love that sort of stuff) and elsewhere), for me, is so much enjoyable.  I mean, I don't mind seeing some more mat grounding-stuff or some awesome transitions into a submission hold in wrestling if it looks very compelling enough, and it is just not to kill time.

If I get to see something like this, once in a while, I'd be a happy guy.

Offline SuperTaco

• why do I still exist
  • doomed to fail
« Reply #1526 on: July 11, 2016, 08:04:28 AM »
The Final Deletion match was good, but I think it could have used a couple more minutes of actual wrestling in the ring before moving outside to the Hollywood stuff. All they basically did was hit finishers on eachother, kickout, and move outside the ring. Also, I did not like the finish. I'm ok with Matt winning, but the way he won bothered me.

Jeff fell from the ladder onto a soft dirt pile, and it takes Matt at least 15 seconds to drag him in position for the pin attempt. You're telling me that Jeff Hardy can't kick out of that? A guy that is known in TNA for being able to handle insane punishment and kick out of some brutal moves, suddenly falls on a dirt pile and is down for a 20 second count.

I don't buy it. Why advertise it as the "final" match when the finish isn't even satisfying? Their first match was better (Before Matt became broken), in my opinion.
So fking tired of being an oversensitive naive moronic fkin bitch. I CANT STOP IT. I CANT CHANGE. IM STUCK. This world eats me alive. My purpose is simply to be what others shouldn't be. A shriveled fking beacon of sad energy. I have lost. I am lost.

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1527 on: July 11, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
I read up on TNA all the time, but I can't say I've watched a TNA match in probably five years. And I don't think I've ever watched their television show in its entirety.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1528 on: July 13, 2016, 01:51:54 PM »
Balor vs Nakamura and then the start of the Cruiserweight Classic tonight, good night of pro graps ahead :hat
Photobucket sucks.

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #1529 on: July 13, 2016, 02:54:59 PM »
ULTIMO LUCHA DOS

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1530 on: July 14, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
Just got an email that WWE will be at MSG this Saturday and tickets are cheap.  Hmmmm I had so much fun at Extreme Rules that this might be fun to go to.  Obviously it wont be as good since it's not a televised event, but could still be fun.

This is the card from the email:

For the first time ever at MSG:
New WWE Champion
Dean Ambrose
vs.
Seth Rollins
vs.
Kevin Owens
Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Neville vs. Chris Jericho

The New Day vs. Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family
Six man tag team match

Also see your favorite WWE superstars including:
Alberto del Rio
Sheamus
Gallows & Anderson
The USO’s
Mark Henry
Apollo Crews
Natalya
Becky Lynch
And many more!*

Online Anguyen92

« Reply #1531 on: July 14, 2016, 06:25:51 PM »
^^ House shows from what I hear are very laid-back.  Pretty much, the wrestlers give a good match.  Sometimes, a good in-ring segment or promo or addressing the crowd at the end of the show.  No booking mess or commentary whatsoever, and everyone goes home happy.

The card from the looks of it looks intriguing enough, so I'd say if you want to, go for it.

Offline Bruinsfan25

« Reply #1532 on: July 15, 2016, 04:59:29 AM »
That MSG show sounds pretty awesome. I've read that at the house shows they turn down the lights and make it more about the in ring product so it feels totally different from the televised shows. I'm going to Raw Monday in Providence. Should be a fun night. Hoping for some surprises. Was trying to go to Smackdown in Worcester but the tickets are really expensive and I'm not a big enough fan to spend that kind of money.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1533 on: July 15, 2016, 05:01:33 AM »
Just got an email that WWE will be at MSG this Saturday and tickets are cheap.  Hmmmm I had so much fun at Extreme Rules that this might be fun to go to.  Obviously it wont be as good since it's not a televised event, but could still be fun.

This is the card from the email:

For the first time ever at MSG:
New WWE Champion
Dean Ambrose
vs.
Seth Rollins
vs.
Kevin Owens
Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

Neville vs. Chris Jericho

The New Day vs. Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family
Six man tag team match

Also see your favorite WWE superstars including:
Alberto del Rio
Sheamus
Gallows & Anderson
The USO’s
Mark Henry
Apollo Crews
Natalya
Becky Lynch
And many more!*

Dayam, I'd go for the title match alone, and the rest of the announced card looks strong too.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1534 on: July 15, 2016, 06:33:15 AM »
Cool, it's a toss up to go to that or to see 311 on the second night (seeing them tonight).  311 is cheaper and plays different songs every night, but wrestling was so damn fun and you guys even say the card looks solid.

I did go to a house event once before and remember it being fun, but nothing too crazy.  Typically WWE shows at the garden are pretty good since that's a hot spot for WWE historically.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1535 on: July 15, 2016, 07:20:32 AM »
Yeah, if we weren't going out to dinnner for a friend's birthday I'd probably be all over that MSG house show. Like Blob said, the title match alone should be worth it.
Photobucket sucks.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1536 on: July 15, 2016, 02:29:24 PM »
Charlotte and Dana vs Sasha and mystery partner... Main roster Bayley debut?
Photobucket sucks.

Online axeman90210

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #1537 on: July 24, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »
Charlotte and Dana vs Sasha and mystery partner... Main roster Bayley debut?

Hooray for being right.

I may be concussed just from watching the apron brainbuster that Zayn hit on Ownes tonight.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1538 on: July 25, 2016, 11:07:16 AM »
Battleground was honestly a pretty awesome show. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #1539 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:18 AM »
Overall pretty good, although I think some of the recent ones have been stronger. They do appear to have improved recently.
The Zayn/Owens match stole the show, but couldn't they have held off until Summerslam and given it the stage it deserved? Either way, both guys went all out and put on a hell of a match. The title match was also great, as was the outcome. The rest of the card was pretty solid too. All of the recent NXT arrivals were so over.