Author Topic: Portable AC advice  (Read 145 times)

Offline gabeh1018

Portable AC advice
« on: April 13, 2024, 11:29:21 AM »
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my experience with the SereneLife SLPAC10 portable air conditioner. It's a 10,000 BTU unit that's been doing wonders in my master bedroom, which measures 20 x 11 with high arched ceilings. It efficiently cools the room in no time.

However, I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my wife's office upstairs. It's a smaller space, just 10 x 11 with standard 8 feet ceilings, and the same portable air conditioner seems to struggle there. The exhaust hose generates too much heat, making it less effective.

I'm in the market for a portable air conditioner specifically tailored for smaller rooms like my wife's office. There are so many options out there, and I'd appreciate any recommendations or insights from those who've had success with similar setups.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Online DragonAttack

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Portable AC advice
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 01:05:09 PM »
Type 'JHS-A019-08KR/A'  into a google search.

We have this in my wife's upstairs' northwest office, measuring 11' x 14'.  She has had it three years, and so far no complaints.  I did tape a thin mesh screen on the discharge to prevent any pests from buzzing in.

btw, we live north of Baltimore, so you know the machine can handle the heat.
...going along with Dragon Attack's Queen thread has been like taking a free class in Queen knowledge. Where else are you gonna find info like that?!

Offline hunnus2000

Re: Portable AC advice
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 09:11:12 AM »
We have a Tosot in a couple of rooms that are 8000 BTU's. They do a great job especially in the room that does not face the West. They are a little loud so you may have to turn it off for a con-call.