Author Topic: Annoying Movie Cliches.  (Read 18737 times)

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Annoying Movie Cliches.
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2017, 06:35:40 AM »
Like intro songs on albums that are actually named "Intro"  :P

I do that - but mainly because they're little 30 second pieces which are the last thing I record...

I try to give them titles which are germane to the album theme..

I made an album called Juggernaut and the intro track was called Intro-naut and the fade out track was called Outro-naut.

Soon after I found out there is actually a band called Intronaut :P what are the chances...

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2017, 06:52:08 AM »
Any movie with scenes on a plane. The interior of the plane always seems absolutely massive - not like any plane I've ever been on.

Offline soupytwist

• Star Trekkin
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2017, 07:18:58 AM »
Any action film with a helicopter rescue in it, the helicopter will be blown up (or eaten by a shark).

Offline PetFish

« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »
Everyone in Alien Resurrection would have drown before the aliens got them.

I also immediately thought of this scene.

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2017, 06:32:57 AM »
Any action film with a helicopter rescue in it, the helicopter will be blown up (or eaten by a shark).

In The Perfect Storm, the rescue chopper got taken out by a rogue wave!

Offline MirrorMask

« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2017, 10:10:58 AM »
Just thought of another one: when the hero realizes how the bad guy will carry on its plan, especially when it's a conspiracy, and when he tries to explain it to whoever is naturally and professionally inclined to stop him, such as policemen or secret services, he says just some catchphrases as "you don't understand" or "please, this is gonna happen now, let me in".

Geez, the truth is on your side, if I were in such a situation, I'd do a fast exposition dump to explain *exactly* what I'm talking about. But no, he/she has to act and sound crazy and of course be stopped because there has to be drama until the last second!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2017, 02:45:51 PM »
Just thought of another one: when the hero realizes how the bad guy will carry on its plan, especially when it's a conspiracy, and when he tries to explain it to whoever is naturally and professionally inclined to stop him, such as policemen or secret services, he says just some catchphrases as "you don't understand" or "please, this is gonna happen now, let me in".

Geez, the truth is on your side, if I were in such a situation, I'd do a fast exposition dump to explain *exactly* what I'm talking about. But no, he/she has to act and sound crazy and of course be stopped because there has to be drama until the last second!

I hate when you have the bad guys and their plan is going flawlessly. Then for whatever reason - one of them does something really stupid and their plan falls to bits...

I might have said this already.

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2017, 03:25:40 PM »
Good guy fools bad guy into admitting to, even boasting about his crimes. Bad guy is unaware that good guy has been secretly recording the whole thing with a hidden device. Good guy gives the recording to the authorities and bad guy goes to jail.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2017, 03:42:28 PM »
I do like when the good guys manipulates the bad guy into accidentally admitting to the crime.

I saw an episode of Poirot once and he goes " we know it was you as we found your fingerprints all over the gun "

And he'd already gotten the guy all wound up beforehand and he goes

" :angry: Impossible - I was wearing gloves...........  :eek "

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2017, 03:52:05 PM »
 :lol

It's a bit like Columbo, where the perp thinks he's gotten away with the murder, but then Columbo gives him the whole "just one more thing" treatment. Five minutes of that, and the dude is practically begging for a jail cell!

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #220 on: May 14, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »
David Baddiel said something funny once - Peter Falk had a fake eye - but in Columbo - did the character have two normal eyes or did Columbo also have a fake eye ?

:lol haha

Offline Logain Ablar

• False Dragon
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2017, 04:01:46 PM »
.. and if he did, was it the same eye??  :lol

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2017, 04:05:47 PM »
It's an existential metaphysical Brechtian puzzle for the ages !!!