Author Topic: Jaq's Top 50 v. Massive Infodump (15-1!)  (Read 9622 times)

Offline jjrock88

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Jaq's Top 50 v. Massive Infodump (15-1!)
« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »
Great seeing Lizzy so high.

Maiden of course are perfect.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2014, 10:46:46 PM »
 :tup :tup

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2014, 07:38:14 AM »
Of course you know... this means war.

:lol

If you hadn't dropped the rest of your list at once I probably wouldn't have finished mine so there's that.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
Some great albums in there Jaq. Too much prog for me but  :tup for rainbow Rising (a Lowdz Top 5).
Maiden are awesome - no shock there.
Misplaced Childhood is the classic you say it is.
DT  :heart
KISS, Ozzy (I'm one who prefers Diary...), all win. And SRV is  :hefdaddy

Nice job.

But for me... 1987 was the year. Still, 76 was pretty awesome.

Offline CrimsonSunrise

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »
Well done Jaq!!  Well done!  I have the same dilemma as others with PoM and Powerslave..  Depends on my mood as too which one is stronger.  Thanks for the awesome list.  :hat

Offline Jaq

« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2014, 09:23:26 AM »
And some random factoids about my list to wrap this up:

The most brutal battle in this list: the one for #50. Crimson by Edge of Sanity won it over a coin flip over...Transatlantic's debut album. If I made this list again, they'd probably swap.

Rush only had a single album in my top 50. 2112, Moving Pictures, Hemispheres, A Farewell to Kings, and Power Windows made my top 100.

The only other Dream Theater album in my top 100 was Awake at number 57.

The album in my top 100 most unlike the taste in music I display generally here: Kind of Blue by Miles Davis at number 60.

Other 1976 gems that made my top 100: Presence by Led Zeppelin (#95), Hotel California by the Eagles (#74), A Trick of the Tail by Genesis (#68), Agents of Fortune by Blue Oyster Cult (#91), and the previously mentioned 2112 (#65.)

And finally, the album that, in my last iteration of my top 100 to make this top 50 list, came in #100: Foreigner's self-titled debut album.

Thanks again guys. Maybe if I do some sort of list DT-side I'll smartly write most of it up BEFORE I start.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Jaq's Top 50 v. Normal Service Resumes (20-16)
« Reply #111 on: May 20, 2014, 02:11:02 PM »
7. Opeth-Morningrise.

Someone likes Morningrise? Someone put it in their top ten? ALERT THE MEDIA. Opeth's first two albums are considered (if they are considered at all) the red headed stepchildren of Opeth's discography, with the band properly coming into existence with My Arms Your Hearse, but fuck that noise, they're brilliant. Morningrise was the first Opeth album I ever heard, and I fell in love with it and played it endlessly for months. Magnificent.

:hearts:
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Jaq

« Reply #112 on: May 20, 2014, 05:11:23 PM »
 :lol

Yeah, when anyone needs back up for the case that early Opeth doesn't suck, give me a call.

Offline Scorpion

• Unreal Heir
  • DTF.org Member
  • Ragnarök around the Clöck!
« Reply #113 on: May 20, 2014, 07:51:37 PM »
I'm with you guys, I love both Orchid and Morningrose... though neither would make my Top 10 of all time.
scorpion is my favorite deathcore lobster
Hey, the length is fine :azn: Thanks!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #114 on: May 20, 2014, 10:12:00 PM »
I'm just gonna leave this cookie between the three of us and see what happens...
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:39 AM »

Yes.

Also Jaq, I'm not a Floyd/Waters guy though I do have a couple PF albums that I love. I've always been curious about Amused To Death and have found the whole concept truly fascinating. After 20 years of wondering, I will definitely make it part of my Fathers Day haul in a few weeks. Your #1 pick is the official tipping point.
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline Jaq

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2014, 08:50:53 AM »

Yes.

Also Jaq, I'm not a Floyd/Waters guy though I do have a couple PF albums that I love. I've always been curious about Amused To Death and have found the whole concept truly fascinating. After 20 years of wondering, I will definitely make it part of my Fathers Day haul in a few weeks. Your #1 pick is the official tipping point.

:tup