Author Topic: Senecadawg's Roulette (Final Results Posted)  (Read 39320 times)

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Senecadawg's Roulette (version 1.43 Result)
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »
I forgot, was Guile's theme on the forbidden list?

Go for it  :lol

It's not what you think, but it's going to be awesome if b_f sends it (he showed it to me before)

Wasn't thinking about that but I'll send it now as a non-roulette song for shits and guffaws.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »
that's quite impressive. And no, definitely not what I was expecting  :lol
Quote from: black_floyd
Oh seneca, how you've warmed my heart this evening.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »
that's quite impressive. And no, definitely not what I was expecting  :lol

That's what she said.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

• DT.net Member
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2014, 02:52:29 PM »
 :lol
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline adace

« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2014, 09:43:56 PM »
S.E.N.T.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2014, 10:13:02 PM »
Got everyone but Lucien!

• DT.net Member
« Reply #111 on: March 03, 2014, 07:32:55 AM »
The FUCK Lucien?! Tighten up m8 :heart :heart

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »
Sending..
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #113 on: March 03, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »
Results should be in by Thursday. Maybe even Wednesday night

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2014, 02:44:13 AM »
Good.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2014, 09:30:50 AM »
It sucks to have to eliminate people, but I feel good about the decisions I've made

Results should be up tonight

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
I've never understood the idea behind eliminating people in the roulette, but to each his own I guess.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2014, 10:13:01 AM »
I wanted to let as many people join who wanted to play, up to about 12. But, ultimately, it's just a lot easier to move at a reasonable pace when there are 8 or less. While I don't necessarily mind the idea of moving at a slower pace, I think that it would frustrate some of the people playing as well as those on the waiting list. So elimination it is  :-\

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2014, 10:16:52 AM »
I've never understood the idea behind eliminating people in the roulette, but to each his own I guess.

It's more a matter of inviting more people (ie, some you may not have considered) to get the best of the best.  More than 10 people in a roulette is difficult to manage.  However, from my personal experience, I probably wouldn't have thought to reinvite Nekov (no offense buddy) if I was only going to have 10 people, but he sent me some really good stuff this time around.   I had about 15 people in mind that I wanted to participate, took another 5 or so, and then weeded it down to 11.

Or, what the dawg said (because I was ninja'd)
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2014, 10:38:25 AM »
When I brought eliminations into roulettes (does that make me the Hitler of roulettes?  Henry VIII?), it was because I wanted to get input from lots of people - I had 32 people join my second roulette.  32 people every round would be too much, so I made some eliminations early on to narrow it down.  Some people who I would not have thought to invite did quite well, and by initially opening it up to everyone I got some new blood to participate instead of the standard circle jerks these have become with mostly the same people playing.  Not that I mind circle jerks, sometimes I just want someone new to tug on me.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:38 AM »
That's right. Although 32 seems a bit too much for my liking, I'm glad I got at least a couple extra people to play for these first two rounds. I've discovered 4 bands that I most likely would not have otherwise heard. And although, unfortunately, Lucien likely won't survive the night I'm happy to have had his contributions.

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Senecadawg's Roulette (Round 2 Results Soon)
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:13 AM »

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2014, 11:22:30 AM »
Thank you!  :heart

And would you like me to bring you a box?

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2014, 02:02:26 PM »

Offline Lucien

• James 5:1-5
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »
Fine by me, haveing to send MP3s is a little awkward anyways  :lol
"Kind of a stupid game, isn't it?" - Calvin

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
Overall this was a better round than the first. Higher highs and higher lows, too. Unfortunately this is the end for 4 of you. Thank you for playing, and I'm sorry to see you go. In no particular order:

black_floyd Gordian Knot- Muttersprache
I didn't say so earlier, but instrumentals can be a rough patch for me, in the sense that even if I enjoy them they rarely stick and get a lot of listens in my rotation. Apart from a couple standouts, Liquid Tension Experiment comes to mind, I've often had the problem of not finding a lot of replay value. So, whether you knew it or not, this was a potentially risky send from you. Fortunately, it paid off in a big way. It's got almost everything I look for in an instrumental: beautiful (while not excessive) soloing, good pacing, just the right amount of playfulness, and interesting composition. It's also got very clearly defined sections, rather than coming out as one constant blur of wankery, and I really appreciate that. I don't know what else to say, except that this was my favorite song of the round and roulette so far. I reward you with 7.5 points.

LieLowTheWantedMan Thank You Scientist- A Salesman's Guide to Nonexistence
It hits the ground running, and I love that. It's catchy as all get out, and I love that. It's got some of the most tasteful uses of trumpets I've ever heard, and I LOVE that. This song is a winner on almost every level. My one complaint, and the only thing keeping this out of the 7+ range, is the vocalist. This is a pretty common occurrence for me, in that I enjoy the vocal melodies but don't completely enjoy the voice itself. A lot of times it will grow on me, and I sense that it already has to some degree, but as of now I'm not completely sold. I'm having a hard time putting my finger on it at the moment. But that's okay, because everything else more than makes up for it, and as a result this was my second favorite submission this round. Big step up from last round (even though 1 point may not seem like that much). I reward you with 6.5 points.

Shadow Ninja Second Person- Gone Fishing
'One of these songs doesn't fit', and this is it. Firstly, I'm a big fan of her voice, the trip-hop elements, the semi-dark atmosphere, and the lyrics which I don't understand at all. Honestly, this song just makes me want to fuck something. There's something very seductive about the delivery, and its a testament to the song that I can't attribute that to one single characteristic. Because it's not just one thing, but rather the network of sound. My one complaint is that it is just a touch repetitive, and I'm not a fan of the almost-rap elements that make an appearance before the 3 minute mark. Still, another very good song from you... I reward you with 6.5 points.

Adace Mono- Follow the Map
This one truly is beautiful. It's one of the shorter submissions, and it's also more on the minimalist side of things. Despite both of those things, this is the most emotive song I have received thus far. I will say that I don't feel it's entirely original, which may be a slight problem in terms of long term appreciation, but it's still very effective. I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'm supposed to feel sad or inspired, and I like that ambiguity. It's also very dramatic, which I enjoy. In terms of the music itself, I really enjoy the simple guitar work at the front end of the song. It seems to bend, stretch and reach, all at the same time. I reward you with 6.5 points.

jingle.boy Star One- Perfect Survivor
Arjen sure does like his science fiction. It's evident in every single one of his albums I've taken the time to listen to. Now what are the repercussions of such a statement? Cheese. That's right, lots of cheese. Being a vegan, I'm not a big fan of cheese. However, I am a big fan of Alien, and this song serves a purpose that I can't ignore: tasteful cheese. Sure, it's quirky that he's decided to basically summarize the entire film in a very literal way. In fact, it's almost laughable. Yet I can't complain when I'm compelled to sing along and tap my feet like an epileptic spider. Highlights are the chorus and guitar solo. I will say though, I don't like the audio quality on this one. Not sure if it's because of youtube, or if that's just the way it was produced. Anyhow, I enjoyed it quite a bit and will be checking out more. I reward you with 6.5 points.

Dr. DTVT Dimmu Borgir- Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Heaviest song of the round, as well as one of the more interesting ones. Also, one of the more difficult ones for me to rate properly, because I feel that it does some things really well while also doing some things that don't tickle my fancy in any way whatsoever. Lets start with the bad. The guttural vocals, you know the ones. They're the first ones to make an appearance, and I'd rather they hadn't. Growls are one thing, black metal screeching is another thing, but this thing… I just don't get. Their just kind of ugly, in my opinion, and that's the just of it. Sounds like someone caught Satan on recording, put it in a blender, and then messed around with it using auto tune. Now, with that out of the way, I do think that this song does a lot of things really well too. It is both symphonic and cinematic, and it pulls it off without any cringe-inducing effects; I REALLY appreciate that. It has really good pacing, some of the vocals are actually quite nice, and the keyboard work is very effective. Finally, my girlfriend claimed to enjoy this song, and that's got to mean something. I reward you with the strongest 6 of the round.

Dark Castle Anciients- Faith and Oath
Another solid submission from you, DC. This is also one of the heavier songs submitted this round, as was the case last time. I'm not sure this one has me quite as interested, as I find it a little more on the safe side, but that's okay. The guitar riffing is very effective, the vocals are both powerful and persuasive, and the song manages to flow very well despite its heaviness (rather than clunking about). My only complaint is that the first 3 minutes or so feel very repetitive. Once the guitar solo enters things change for the better and the rest of the song satisfies me in a way that the first half can't. Overall, good song. Will be checking out more from this band! I reward you with 6 points.

Elite Serenity- All Lights Reversed
I initially enjoyed this one a lot, but now that the novelty of it has worn off a bit it's settled in as a solid middle-of-the-pack song. Firstly, these are the kind of vocals that I can get behind. They're semi-operatic, with a nice balance of power and melody. Like Doc's submission, this one is also pretty darn symphonic. I will say I don't think this band pulls it off quite as well as Dimmu Borgir, but that's quite alright. I love how it sort of eases into the first short and sweet guitar solo, as if it's not entirely sure that's what it wants to do. Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, I don't know. Regardless, this was a good song from a genre that I don't typically get into. Thanks for introducing me, I will definitely try to make my acquaintance with more of Serenity's work. I reward you with 6 points.

Lucien Pendragon- The Freak Show
Pendragon is one of those bands that I wasn't quite decided on when I made up my list. I have a couple of their albums, but I haven't listened to them enough to say that I'm fully satisfied or dissatisfied, and I am very open to exploring their stuff a little more in depth. This song is off of one of their albums that I don't own, so that was nice. Overall, I did enjoy the song. It's good progressive rock, as far as I can tell. Still, I'm not sure there's too much that elevates this particular song above that genre, which was a little disappointing for me. In other words, this song (and other songs I've heard front the band) does a good job of capturing the essence of the genre, but I'm not sure it necessarily stands above it in any way. Now, with that being said, the intro is absolutely beautiful. If I was rating these songs on intro alone you would be sitting at the top of the pile. Unfortunately I tend to start losing interest after the first couple minutes, about the same time as when the vocals enter. And that's odd, because I do like his voice. I also found myself intrigued by the lyrics, which was nice. Ultimately, this one is not going to save you from my distaste of Shostakovich and I'm sorry about that, because you have rekindled my interest in Pendragon. Thank you. I reward you with 6 points.

bl5150 Conception- Retrospect
You and Lucien were in a similar boat this round, having to make up a lot of ground. Rather than keep in you suspense I'll go ahead and say I'm sorry but this didn't quite make up that ground. I was happy with the song, for a number of reasons. Soaring vocals? check! Catchy with just a hint of cerebral? check! Guitar solo that makes me want to smile? check! Ultimately, however, it's only about 3 minutes. It feels more like a transition song than anything else, and that's a bit of a letdown. It's done a great job of piquing my interest on the rest of the album, so thank you for that. And I really am sorry to have to do this, but this is going to be the end of the show for you. Conception is on my 'check-out' list, and for that I reward you with 6 points.

lonestar 81db- Manicomium
It's a good thing you performed so well in the first round, because this particular song didn't do a whole lot for me. While only 7:25, in a round of shorter songs this was the longest submission, and it definitely showed. I really like the bit starting at around the 3 minute mark... A LOT. When it takes the time to slow down and breathe I can really get into it. The guitar solo is also a real treat. However, the first 3 minutes of the song are verging on frustrating, as well as the last minute. I'm going to blame the vocals, because that's the major difference I've noticed. When he goes for the more aggressive approach it rubs me the wrong way. Honestly I would have been much happier if the first 3 and last 1 minute were spliced off. Because those middle three minutes do have me very interested. I reward you with 5.5 points.

zantera Amplifier- The Emperor
As I'm sure you've noticed by now, you're at the bottom of the list. I noticed it pretty quickly too, after I felt comfortable enough to start ranking the songs. And I felt terrible about it. Truth be told, I want to keep you around in this roulette. I earlier mentioned that I have a certain bias for a few posters here on DTF when it comes to music suggestions, and you're one of them. So yes, I did try to think about how I could keep you around. Maybe fiddle with someone else's score, or artificially boost this one. But when it comes down to it, I have to be honest. I do not like this song. It feels longer than it is, I find the vocals to be uninteresting, the instruments clamor away very steadily, but they don't do anything for me. All the "yeah"s "ay"s or whatever they are throw me off. I get what you are talking about the hypnotic riff, but I think that it's more likely to put me to sleep. As for the other riff, I sense far too much repetition. Maybe it's just space rock in general that I don't get, I don't know. It does remind me a bit of Oceansize (which I have to thank you for introducing me to), which is a good thing. Unfortunately it's only comparable to Oceansize in sound. Because overall it sounds like a more boring, meandering, and diluted version of that aforementioned Manchester band. For all of the above, I punish you with 4.5 points. Thank you very much for playing, and introducing me to Jane's Addiction.

Scores:
Shadow Ninja 7+6.5=13.5
black_floyd 6+7.5=13.5

Dark Castle 6.5+6=12.5
Jingle.boy 6+6.5=12.5

lonestar 6.5+5.5=12
Elite 6+6=12
Dr. DTVT 6+6+12
LieLowTheWantedMan 5.5+6.5=12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bl5150 5+6=11
Zantera 6+4.5=10.5
Adace 4+6.5=10.5
Lucien 3+6=9

Online jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2014, 06:35:12 PM »
:fistpump:

Say, chef ... Now that I beat you in a Roulette round, how's about my punishment is over?

Now that I've "qualified", I can be a little less conservative.

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Senecadawg's Roulette (Round 2 Results)
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »
I can be a little less conservative.

I like the sound of that!

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »
Cool. :) Glad you liked.

Offline bl5150

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2014, 06:42:59 PM »
Ciao - think I'll stick to blackjack  ;D
"I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle." - DLR

www.theguitardojo.com.au

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:56 PM »
You have such a goofy avatar

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2014, 06:53:24 PM »
I can be a little less conservative.

I like the sound of that!

Note that I had the balls to not be conservative in the second round.  Then again it is warmer in S. Carolina so mine aren't all shriveled up.

Offline senecadawg2

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
Yes I did note that, and I commend you for your balls.

A question, for all of the remaining 8! Scoring on this 10 point scale has been difficult for me, and I have a feeling the rankings are going to remain very tight the entire time if I continue this way. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd like feedback on a possible alteration. What I propose is that from here on out I simply rank all of the songs, and then give 1-8 points to each person depending on where they land. For example, best song gets 8, next best gets 7, and so on. Simple enough? Issues with this scoring system? I, for one, worry about having to rank songs that may end up being very different. It's rough trying to compare  Dimmu Borgir with a beautiful classical song. Still, an idea to consider. I'm open to suggestions!

Offline adace

« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2014, 07:01:44 PM »
Damn, looks like I didn't make the cut. :'(

Still, I'm glad you enjoyed the song and I enjoyed the very brief time I spent in this roulette. Cheers!

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
:fistpump:

Say, chef ... Now that I beat you in a Roulette round, how's about my punishment is over?

Now that I've "qualified", I can be a little less conservative.

Yeah, it's over man. But do you want to? Ike looks so cute there...

The song was a bit of a chance, glad it was enough to get me through... Phew...

Offline senecadawg2

Re: Senecadawg's Roulette (Round 3 Theme)
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:38 PM »
Might as well get the theme posted:

Lyrics
First theme is pretty simple. Send me an all-time favorite song, in terms of lyrics. I understand that this might be a little tough, and a lot of the submissions will likely not be your actual all-time favorite lyrical pieces, given that they may be banned, but you guys will have to make do. Don't forget that the scoring will still take into account everything, and a song with good lyrics but shit music will likely not score well. However, I will award 1 bonus point to the song with the lyrics I enjoy the most, regardless of my thoughts on the other components. Point is, it's all about finding a balance, but do keep the lyrics in mind when choosing. It's also worth considering that the delivery of those lyrics may affect scoring considerably (Ex- I'm not a big fan of rap).
I also recognize that lyricism is a completely subjective thing and that without knowing my preferences this isn't going to work all that well for any of us. So with that in mind, as well as the little narcissist in me that likes to be the center of attention, I'm going to share some of my favorite lyrics. Some of you will surely have heard some of them, and some of you may not have. Either way, I hope that it will provide a glimpse into the kind of lyrics I enjoy the most…

Kayo Dot- Pitcher of Summer
One morning, before the leaves began changing
I caught a piece of summer and poured it into a pitcher;

This I placed in the cellar on a shelf collecting dust .
Autumn, then winter, rose up from the sea, and my
Garden was a garden filled with unbroken snow.

No flower strained its face to the ice giants' whisper,
No life coloured the vision of a newborn Spring babe.
My cellar-water dripping into a pail

And I lifted my piece of summer
Like a piece of memory or a dream

Like these, caught on film
And carried it to the garden floes,
The wind turning drifting stars to madness.

Poured forth gracefully, this ctheric tincture
Lifts winter's coat-of-arms with coaxing aromas and electricity.
Used with vigilance, a Pitcher of Summer stirs a memory into swooning,
And bravely, the flowers of the past will stretch their limbs into the sky
While snow falls quietly all around.

Agalloch- In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
Through vast valleys I wonder
To the highest peaks
On pathways through a wild forgotten landscape
In search of God, in spite of man
'til the lost forsaken endless. . .
This is where I choose to tread

Fall. . .so shall we fall into the nihil?
The nothingness that we feel in the arms of the pale
In the shadow of the grim companion who walks with us

Here is the landscape
Here is the sun
Here in the balance of the earth
Where is the god?
Has he fallen and abandoned us?

As I'm stalked by the shadow of death's hand
The fire in my heart is forged across the land

Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God. . .
Then God is not dead

I walked down to a river and sat in reflection of what had to be done
An offering of crimson flowed into the water below
A wound of spirit from which it floated and faded away

. . .like every hope I've ever had. . .
. . .like every dream I've ever known. . .
It washed away in a tide of longing, a longing for a better world
From my will, my throat, to the river, and into the sea. . .
. . .wash away. . .
. . .fade away. . .

Here is the landscape
Here is the sun
Here at the edge of the earth
Where is the god?
Has he fallen to ruin?

As I'm stalked by the shadow of death's hand
My heathen pride is scarred across the land

Anathema- Hindsight
Intangible. Eternal. Without beginning nor end.
The nameless, formless energy that permeates all living things.
That sweeps through nature like a ripple in an ocean,
Sending cascades of timeless wonder through the air,
On the song of a bird, the freshness of the morning air.
A clear calling for our inner nature to awaken beyond our every day lives, and fears.
Love is timeless, love is purity.
It is the lightless light, the rays of the sunrise dancing on the surface of the sea.
Love is you, and love is me.
It is the deepest knowing,
The serenity of being, the laughter of the earth,
The limitless breath of the wind, the wonder of potential,
The power of thought, the gift of life, the highest vibration,
The most profound awareness... the knower.
Life. Love. Infinite. within you. Now. Always.
For it is in love's gentle embrace that we come to know the space between us.
A feeling deep within that not all is what it seems
That we bear witness to a magic as deep as our own,
To a summernight horizon that whispers 'welcome' to your soul.
And in those fleeting, trembling moments that we share between the worlds,
It is enough for us to know that in each other we must care,
For alive and not alone are we the children of the world,
Here to witness time and the unfolding miracle of the soul.
There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer.
There is no disease that enough love cannot heal,
No door that enough love will not open,
No gulf that enough love will not bridge,
And no war that enough love will not throw down.
It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble,
How hopeless the outcome, how muddled the tangle,
How great the mistake.
A sufficient realization of love will dissolve it all.
And if you could love enough,
You would be the happiest and most powerful person in the world.

David Gray- Ain't No Love
Maybe that it would do me good
If I believed there were a god
Cut in the starry firmament
But as it is that's just a lie
And I'm here eating up the boredom
On an island of cement
Give me your ecstasy I'll feel it
Open window and I'll steal it
Baby like it's heaven sent

This ain't no love that's guiding me

Some days i'm bursting at the seams
With all my half remembered dreams
And then it shoots me down again
I feel the dampness as it creeps
I hear you coughing in your sleep
Beneath a broken window pane
Tomorrow girl i'll buy you chips
A lollipop to stain your lips
And it'll all be right as rain

No it ain't no love guiding me

On winter trees the fruit of rain
Is hanging trembling in the branches
Like a thousand diamond buds
And waiting there in every pause
That old familiar fear that claws you
Tells you nothing ain't no good
Then pulling back you see it all
Down here so laughable and small
Hardly a quiver in the dirt

David Gray- Birds Without Wings
Wishing that something would happen
A change in this place,
'cos I'm tearing off the fancy wrapping
Find an empty package

Take for a while
Your trumpet from your lip
Loosen your hold, loosen your grip
On your old ways
That have fallen out of step
In a changing time
Hoist a new flag
Hoist a new flag

Angry sun burn down
Judging us all
Guilty of neglect and disrespect
And thinking small

And death by boredom
And death by greed
If we can't stop taking
More than we need

But across the fractured landscape
I find the same things
Tired ideas
Birds without wings

Birds without wings
Birds without wings

And these are just thoughts
On lack-lustre times
I've no interest
In excuses you can find

Like you've had a hard day
Now you've too tired to care
Now you're too tired to care
You've had a hard day

Well across the fractured landscape
I see the same things
Tired ideas broken values
Many with the notion
That to share is to lose
A hollow people bound by a lack
Of imagination and too much looking back Without the courage
To give a new thing a chance
Grounded by this ignorance

(and the cat comes)
We're just,

Birds without wings
Birds without wings
Birds without wings

Tool- Lateralus
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out.
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going...

I hope that helps, and I look forward to getting your submissions!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:30:54 AM by senecadawg2 »

Offline Shadow Ninja 2.0

• Heir Transparent
  • Transcribing Existence Rivets
Re: Senecadawg's Roulette (Round 2 Results & Round 3 Theme)
« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »
Glad you liked Second Person. Next song sent.

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2014, 09:11:51 PM »
Sent.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2014, 09:38:09 PM »
My asshole is currently gaped to CD-R diameter I'm so fucked this round.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »
Sent.